Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Scott Summers The Chosen One

Vanished

by slickboy444 0 reviews

A major Scott/Jean fic. Scott disappears without a trace and the rest of the x-men are left without their leader. But it turns out there is a lot more to Scott than any of them could have imagined.

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Cyclops, Jean - Published: 2005-05-10 - Updated: 2005-05-10 - 1868 words

0Unrated
Scott Summers The Shosen One
Chapter 1: Vanished


************************

Deep in the heart of the Himalayas, there is little contact with the outside world. The people of a nameless place of mystery, known as Taitzu, are no exception. Their world seems caged in by the immense mountains that protect them. They live in a world of magic and mysticism, rather than technology and logic. In this place magic is the way of the people, who have lived there for countless generations and stayed away from the rest of the world. Magic is what helps them eat, keeps them living, and guards their souls. However, in the realm of mystery that is Taitzu, all is not well.

"Master Chan! Master Chan!" yelled a mysterious down the halls of a dark temple.

The monk ran and ran until he reached the main shrine to find a single man at the foot of a statue, meditating.

"Master..." said the monk as he approached the man cautiously.

"I already know why you are here," responded the tall, cloaked man.

The monk who had alerted Chan stopped approaching him as he watched his master stay lost in his thoughts and deep in meditation.

"I sensed the weakening of the containment field. It is only a matter of time before...It breaks free."

The young monk began to back away in fear at those words. Something in his master's omen struck fear deep in to the heart of the monk's fragile mind.

"What can we do Master Chan?" asked the young monk nervously.

The older, wiser master sat still for a moment, still meditating. "We...Can't do anything. If we try and fight it our efforts will be in vain. The evil one's powers are far greater than anybody else in Taitzu."

The younger monk stood in shock.

"But...There is a way we can be saved," reassured Chan in a monotone voice. "We must finally seek the chosen one from the prophecies that lies beyond our town. We must bring him here and awaken the chi from within. This being...Is the only one who can save our town, and ensure the safety of this world."

"Do you know where we can find this being?" asked the younger monk.

The master turned around slowly and revealed his face that was old from the winds of time. He closed his eyes, raised his hands, and mysterious blue light began to appear before him. In that light a picture formed, it was a picture of young man. The monk looked at the picture. The man had mysterious red specs over his eyes, brown hair, and a tall stature.

"This is the one," said Chan. "His name is Scott Summers. He is the world's only hope in fighting off the most evil of evil. You must gather your minions and retrieve him. Bring him to this town at once."

The younger monk bowed before his master. "It shall be done Master Chan."

The younger monk then left the shrine and ran out to gather his forces. Meanwhile, the mysterious Chan stayed in the shrine and continued meditating.

"Scott Summers, the chosen one. You are our only hope. You and your untapped powers are soon to be awakened. You, and only you, can stop the dark demon, known as Sun Chin Tao."

************************

Scott Summers lay in his room, looking at a small picture he held in his hand. The picture showed a beautiful red headed girl, with a shining smile on her face. The girl was Jean Grey. She was the girl he had sought ever since he first heard her voice. He cared for her so deeply, yet he didn't have the courage to let her know it.

"Scott?"

It was Jean. Quickly, he pocketed the picture.

"Jean...Hey," was all he got out nervously.

"Are...You okay?" asked Jean with concern.

Scott quickly tried to regain his composure. "Yeah, I'm fine. You just startled me that's all."

"Oh, sorry."

There was a brief moment of awkward silence between them.

"Well...I'm going out for a burger in a few minutes. Wanna come with?" asked Scott with a suggestive hint in his voice.

"Uh..." Jean began to blush. 'Is he asking me out on a date?' she thought nervously, yet excitedly. But before she could answer her cell phone rang.

"Oh...Sorry," she said as she picked up the phone.

Scott listened closely.

"Oh, hey Duncan," said Jean.

Scott's head immediately sunk in disappointment and frustration. He thought she had broken up with Duncan, but they were still in constant contact for some reason. Jean then walked out of the room to talk in private. Scott got up and left, feeling that he was going out solo. He ran downstairs and got his keys.

"Where ya heading Cyke?" asked Wolverine as he saw him heading out the door.

"Just out for a burger," he replied in a melancholy tone.

He didn't stay around for his response, before Logan could reply he was gone.

"Troubles with Jeannie again," said Logan to himself. He knew that was the only thing that could make him act like that.

Meanwhile, upstairs in her room Jean was still on the phone with Duncan. The conversation, however, had become very volatile as Duncan constantly pushed Jean to her limits in terms of anger.

"Duncan...I said it was over between us!" said Jean in a frustrated tone.

"I know that's what you said, but I know you don't mean it," replied Duncan with a cocky voice.

"Well I do mean it! What part of that aren't you not getting?" replied Jean as her voice got angrier.

"Come on, you still look at me. You still talk to me. Don't lie to yourself Jeannie, you still want me."

"NO I DON'T!" yelled Jean as her temper couldn't take it anymore. "You only think that because you can't accept that I dumped you! And I only still talk to you because you call me!"

"You know that's not what you want. I can tell you never meant to break up," replied Duncan.

"QUIT TELLING ME WHAT I WANT!" yelled Jean who was fully enraged.

"Fine, you won't admit it will you? You're just being too stubborn. You're still my girl Jean, remember all the good times we had."

"THAT'S IT! I'm sick of you and your attitude Duncan!" yelled Jean, "I don't want to EVER hear from you again you hear that! I don't want you to talk to me, I don't want you to look at me, I don't even want you to think about me! Can you get that through your thick skull! We never had any good time! You were always too self-centered to make them any good! Now don't you ever call me again! GOT IT?!"

And with that she turned off her phone and closed her eyes in anger. She slowly got up and walked across the hall back to Scott's room, but he wasn't there anymore. He had left. Her expression then changed from anger to sorrow.

'I can't believe it. I gave up a date with Scott...For a stupid call from my ex.'

She let out a deep sigh and walked back to her room. As she walked she passed Kitty who was looking at her strangely, for she had heard the volatile conversation on the phone.

"Duncan again huh?" said Kitty as Jean walked past her.

Jean just shot her a blank glare as she went back in to her room and shut the door.

************************

Scott had stopped at a small burger place not too far from where school was. He sat alone, and in silence as he ate. There was still a deep sense of disappointment in the incident with Jean earlier. He had been waiting for so long to make his move, but fate played a cruel hand against him. Once again Jean, the only girl he wanted, was out of his reach. While he was lost in his thoughts he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He saw something, but it was more like someone. The figure looked like one of those Buddhist monks. He tried to look closer, but then somebody walked in front of his view and the moment he tried to look back around, the figure was gone.

'Huh? That was weird,' thought Scott as he finished his meal, paid for it, and left.

As he got in to his car and went to adjust his mirror, he saw the same figure again through the mirror. Quickly he turned his head around...Again there was nothing.

'Man, I must be so upset over Jean I'm starting to see things,' he thought as he began to drive off.

As he rode down the dark roads he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. He didn't know how or by whom, but he could just feel it. The sky was cloudy and air was crisp as he drove, but that feeling of another presence wouldn't leave him alone. As he drove all of the sudden he saw the same figure as before, only this time he was walking in to the woods.

"Hey! Hey you over there!" Scott yelled as quickly pulled his car over.

He was about to get out when he saw a dense cloud of fog began to appear from where the figure had walked. Then he got his Cyclops visor from the glove box, closed it, and stuck it in his pocket just in case he needed it. Slowly, he began to walk in to the fog, unable to see very well where he was going. He kept moving along, while scanning for the stranger that was stalking him.

"Hello?" shouted Scott in to the night hoping for an answer. "Is anybody there?"

Suddenly he heard something. He looked around at where he was. He was in a small clearing in the middle of the forest. He looked harder in to the fog. Out of nowhere, he saw a figure appear. The figure just stood there, not moving in any way.

"Hey you!" he yelled as he started to walk towards the stranger.

Suddenly, a mysterious force ripped his glasses off. Instinctively, he slammed his eyes shut. Then he heard a defining shatter. His glasses...Had been broken. Immediately Scott began to panic. He reached for his visor that he had pocketed, but it was gone too.

"Who are you? What do you want?" he shouted in to the night.

Then he began to hear a faint chanting coming from all around him. He started to run, but then something paralyzed his legs. All of the sudden he felt himself fall to the ground, unable to get back up. He began to panic more.

"What's...Happening," he said as the chanting got louder and he got dizzier. He tried to crawl away, but soon he couldn't fight it any longer. Then, it all went black.

************************

AN: That's it for part 1! What do you all think? Tell me! REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW! I need to know. Send it to slickboy444@aol.com. Well, hope ya like it so far! Best wishes to you all.
Sign up to rate and review this story