Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Now Or Never

by checkered_stars 1 review

Don't like this one :/

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-28 - Updated: 2008-01-29 - 599 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Chapter 71-

Gerard’s P.O.V

I stared down at her.

She was lying down with her eyes closed and her right arm draped lazily over her face as she held a look of concentration.

Maybe I should just leave her alone? I know she likes to be alone when she thinks.

No! When are you going to get another chance like this? It’s now or never Gerard. Just do it.

But do I really want to do this?

Yes!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Now or never.

“Rachel?” I whispered, still standing against the closed door.

Rachel jumped slightly and opened her eyes before sliding her arm away from her face.

“Hey.” Rachel said weakly.

I watched her as she slowly got up and sat at the edge of the verandah.

She looked back at me and patted the empty spot beside her.

I forced myself to move and sit next to her.

We both stared blankly out in front of us.

“So dinner went pretty well?…” I said awkwardly.

“Could’ve been better.” Rachel shrugged.

“Yeah. Didn’t really help with our parents bringing us into the conversation. Especially when my Mum mentioned the time she caught us together.” I said evilly.

It was quiet, but I could’ve sworn I heard her giggle.

“Yeah, well, I think the look of horror on our faces put her back in her place.” Rachel giggled lightly.

I smiled slightly and stared ahead again.

“I hate how awkward it’s become.” Rachel sadly said suddenly.

I looked down at my hands, silently agreeing with her.

“Maybe we could give it another try?” Rachel suggested reluctantly, turning her head to look at me.

I felt my heart flutter, stop and then start beating again at a dangerously fast pace.

“Us being friends, I mean.” Rachel added quietly, looking back down.

My heart sunk but still continued to beat fast.

Friends are better than nothing.

“Yeah, we could do that.” I said, perking up, but trying to hide my happiness with all my strength.

I saw her smile.

“Good. Friends.” Rachel said, still smiling broadly, holding out her hand.

I smiled and shook her hand quickly.

“Friends.” I nodded.

We stared at each other hazily.

“Gerard, we’re leaving now.” My Mum said, ruining the moment.

Rachel automatically snapped her head down and I mentally thought of a way to kill my mother.

“Okay.” I sighed, reluctantly getting up and standing over Rachel.

“Bye Rachel.” My Mum said cheerfully.

“Bye Donna.” Rachel said politely, smiling.

I looked down at her, not knowing what to say.

“See you tomorrow Gerard.” Rachel smiled, looking up at me.

I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my lips.

“Yeah, see ya tomorrow.” I said happily, following my Mum and walking to the car.

I saw Mikey exchange and goodbye with Rachel before he done the same and followed to the car.

Rachel stretched back, her back pressed against the verandah but her legs still hanging off the side.

Mikey gave me a look that told me as soon as we were alone, I would have to give him answers.

I stared out the window mindlessly.

Friends.

Well, it’s a start I guess. I’d rather be around her then not be around her. If that makes any sense at all.

I smiled secretly as I thought about how glad I was that I actually went and talked to her.

And maybe if I played it right, we could get back together. Just like the way we were…
Sign up to rate and review this story