Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Bernadette Charm

Forever

by Violinwhites 1 review

Party and the past.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-01-29 - Updated: 2008-01-30 - 1368 words

0Unrated
Late

Bernadette was hoping she was dreaming when she felt someone shaking her. But when she heard her step sister’s nasal voice she realized she wasn’t dreaming at all. Holly is notorious for showing up at the wrong time. Groggily she rolled over.
“Yes Holly?”
“It’s time to get ready.”
Bernadette shook her head.
“For what?”
“Chase’s party.”
“Shit.”
Bernadette jumped from the bed shoving Holly out of her way. She dashed for the bathroom to take a quick shower. Getting out of the shower she cleared the mirror to look at herself. Not wanting to waste anymore precious time she made the decision to wear her hair in waves. Holly watched curiously as Bernadette sorted through clothes in her oversized closet. She pulled out a purple shirt, it was backless and hung snuggly around Bernadette’s curvy fame. Then she pulled on a knee-length jean skirt and her favorite pair of combat boots. Bernadette looked over at Holly, seeing that she was all ready.
“Let’s go.”
She quickly grabbed her clutch and Holly trailed behind her. They jumped into Bernadette’s black corvette and they were off. Holly hit the CD button and Fall Out Boy blasted through the speakers. Bernadette almost had a heart attack, she quickly ejected the CD and put in Paramore.

Party Times

Without even knocking Bernadette simply twisted the knob and push opened the doors to balcony of the house. Bernadette instantly lit up the room with her wild red hair and bright smile. When she looked around she spotted musicians and models everywhere. Which wasn’t a surprise since Chase’s Dad is a big CEO for some music company and his mother is a top casting director at Ford models.
Bernadette wasn’t really finding interest in any of the guys so she sat alone sipping on her martini. She closed her eyes-now partially drunk-and tapped her feet to the music. That’s when a familiar smell caught her attention. It couldn’t be…but it was. Quickly she opened her eyes and there he stood, his hair all in a mess. He looked so delicious, but Bernadette wouldn’t let him know that.
“Did you know I was going to be here?”

She sat her drink down and folded her hands in her lap.

“No, I was not informed. I don’t appreciate you stalking me.”

She got up filled with anger and stumped off to the balcony for some much needed air. One thing Bernadette was notorious for was smoking Cloves when under an immense amount of stress. Supposedly they are “healthier”, but she knew there wasn’t anything healthy about smoking. Pete started to talk behind her.
“ Bernadette I just really wanted to see…”

“ If you could make things difficult for me?”

“I’ve been wanting to see you. It has been almost two months now.”
He didn’t whine this time, he actually sounded quite sincere.

Bernadette put out her Clove and swiftly turned to face him. Her gray eyes captivated him…just like every other guy who looked at her. Then she used the line she had used on so many guys before Pete.
“Pete, I am not the type of girl who settles down. I’m a hit and run girl for guys and I want to keep it that way.”

He laughed. Bernadette almost choked. He was laughing at her?
“Every girl wants to fall in love, including you.”

“Don’t pretend like you know who I am.”

“I’m might not exactly know who you are but I’m positive on who you want to be.”

She smiled.
“While you think about that I will leave now.”
She turned on her boot and walked away. She was a little disappointed he didn’t come after her. But the disappointment faded once she saw Patrick, she ran over to him grabbing him up in a bear hug.
“Patrick!”

“Hey!”

“Pete dragged you here right?”

“I’m the only one who would follow him on one of his crazy journeys.”
He laughed lightly knowing the whole situation really wasn’t that humorous.

“Yeah too bad he’s after me…”
She really wanted to chat with Patrick but Pete was now heading toward their direction. Bernadette quickly hugged Patrick and made her exit; she was sure Holly could get a ride from what ever guy she was screwing. Bernadette didn’t want to go home; the only other place she could go to was her cousin’s. Angrily she drove fast through the streets, getting even more frustrated by the memories that coming up; like mind vomit.

Then.

How this started.

I year back

Long story short somehow Quincy became friends with Fall Out Boy because of her father working with Fueled By Ramen. Quincy and Bernadette had made a trip to meet the band. The whole time Quincy tried convincing Bernadette that Pete Wentz was the one for her. Walking into the music building Quincy clung close to Bernadette.
“I swear! He thinks you are so cute.”

Bernadette laughed loudly.
“Just cute? I can’t have that, he needs to say I’m beautiful.”

She whispered into Bernadette’s ear.
“You go tell him that.”

There he stood at the opposite end of the hall, Quincy had already gone into the other room. He smiled at her then started walking away, nervously Bernadette called after him.
“Where are you going?”
She asked shyly.

“ I need some air, you can come with.”
She nodded then followed behind him.

They sat at a glass table that was set strategically on the balcony for the view. For while they both sat there not speaking, not knowing what to say. Bernadette shifted in her seat a bit. Then Bernadette blurted out words not knowing how he would react.
“ How can you be the “front man” of the band if you aren’t sure of yourself?”

Pete looked up at the building then back at Bernadette.
“What do you mean?”

She didn’t speak for a moment.
“I can see you have a low self-esteem, just by the way you walk and talk. If you want to be a star then you better get it together.”

Although surprised a girl he didn’t even know was giving him advice he responded.
“ I feel out of place…”

“ I know, but throughout your career you’ll be traveling the world. You won’t be at home, you will always be out of place. If you want to be a star then at least fake your confidence, your fans will depend on it.”

“ You are a smart one. Who are you anyways?”

“ Yes, I am smart…” I smirked.

“ …I am Bernadette. Quincy’s friend.”

“Well then Bernadette where are you from?”

“ Dumb. I’m from France. Can’t you tell?” I gave him a cheesy smile.

“ Say something in French…”

“ Vous êtes un sourd-muet fuck!” I giggled.

“What does it mean?”

“ You are one dumb fuck!”
The expression on his face was priceless.

“ Well, thanks?.”

“ I’m kidding. You have an amazing smile.”

“ You are a very beautiful girl. Come over here…sit.”
He motioned towards his lap, but Bernadette simply shook her head no.

“Please?”
He gave her his smile again and she gave in.

She sat down on his lap very carefully and he gave her a warm hug. It made her feel weird since she barely knew him but good because it felt so right.

“You have a boyfriend?”
Bernadette stiffened against him, she hoped he didn’t notice.

“No. You have a girlfriend?”

“No, but I would like one.

“Nope. But I want one. You.”

“Maybe you will get one.”

She smiled brightly. Cleverly he swept her hair behind her ears then rubbed the back of his palm against her cold face. He wanted to kiss her but he would never make the move. But of course Bernadette would…and she did. After they finally pulled apart she simply smiled and walked away. If only she would have know her first impression would keep him mesmerized forever.

If you like it, please review.
It will help me better my writing.
Thanks for reading!
: )
Sign up to rate and review this story