Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Behind Closed Doors

California Sun and Stupid Boys

by Medusa 1 review

Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Patrick Langlois,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2008-01-30 - Updated: 2008-02-02 - 1892 words

0Unrated
Tour Date Numero Un

California Sun and Stupid Boys

On tour with a bunch of guys, was not my idea of fun. I had been roped into being the photography assistant for my older brother Pat and the band that he followed everywhere – Simple Plan. If you ask me my mom begged Pat to let me come on tour with them because I was doing nothing at home…I really couldn’t stand Montréal, especially in the summer.

So, here I am stuck on a bus in the Pomona, California, sure I loved the traveling side of things… but according to Pat I wasn’t to go off the bus by myself because I was to young… yeah right I was nineteen years old, hardly a child anymore. The only person that could relate to me was David; he was hyper 24/7 so he could always make me laugh with his stupid pranks, which somehow we’re always aimed at my brother.

I laughed as David did a cartwheel down the middle of the bus past my bunk; I was sitting in here typing up my blog, the only sane place left on the bus for me to get some peace and quiet. It had only been two days and already I wanted to strangle my brother, no wonder I didn’t see him often.

I really wanted to be outside, walking around maybe meeting other bands or just chilling out and getting to know my brothers friends, David, Jeff, Chuck, Seb and Pierre but because everyone was either sleeping or watching TV I wasn’t allowed off the bus and they had a real cruel way of keeping me here too. I didn’t have a key to get back onto the bus.

I slammed my laptop shut and pushed it into a corner of my bunk, I’ll finish that later.

“David,” I said as I seen him cartwheel past my bunk again

“Amelia” He gasped and promptly fell over

“Oh god, are you alright?” I asked, sticking my head out of the my bunk

“Yeah, fine” He replied springing to his feet and jumping into my bunk “What’s up?”

“You’re as bored as me on this bus, right?” I nodded; he nodded, “Do you wanna get off it with me?”

“Off what?” David asked confused

“This bus” I explained

“Amelia, you know I can’t. Pat doesn’t trust me to look after his little sister” David whined

“But he’ll never no, I swear” I placed my hand over my heart

“You promise?” He asked, looking at me seriously

“I promise”

I really didn't want to get David into trouble but he was the only one gullible enough to do anything for me, such a sweetheart. I smiled as we sneaked off the bus to the sound of the mission impossible tune which David was humming. He was one weird kid.

I laughed as he rolled across the kitchen floor and down the steps off the bus.

Into the sun we snuck.

“Sunshine” I squealed as we ran around a huge parking lot full of buses, “David, can I get a piggy back ride” I asked as we stopped by an enormous sized bus

“Hop on, little Pat” He smiled and bent down slightly to let me get on his back

Little Pat, my nickname, it was cute but only when David calls me it. When the guys do it seems like they’re mocking me.

Swinging my long brown hair over my shoulder, I climbed onto his back.

“Giddy up, piggy” I cried hanging on with one hand

After about an hour of that both of us collapsed onto the grass verge. I was exhausted from screaming so loud every time we nearly crashed into something and smacking David’s butt every time he slowed down. David breathing was heavy but he was smiling.

“Your so much fun, Amelia” He laughed propping himself up on one elbow “None of the other guys would have done that with me” He smiled pushing me slightly

“Thanks, David” I giggled “Today had been awesome. I’m really starting to enjoy this tour” I pushed him back a little harder

I heard David mutter something next to me but I was concentrating on the clouds over our heads.

“That cloud just there” I pointed straight above me “Looks like a dog”

“No way, it looks like a three-legged horse” David retorted

“It’s a dog” I argued

“Three-legged horse”

“Dog”

“Three-legged horse”

I was silent for a minute just listening to the sound of our breathing when I heard footsteps coming our way. David had heard them before I did and had sat up.

“Shit” He muttered

“What?” I asked sitting up, “Shit”

“Exactly”

Pat was coming towards us and he did not look happy at all, infact he looked pissed off. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Bugger, he was still there.

“David! Amelia!” Pat yelled

“He looks really mad” David remarked, I nodded “Is it to late to run away?” I nodded again

“What the fuck do you think your doing?” He asked once he’d got to us with his hands on his hips, like a mother scolding her children

“Pat, we…”

“Save it, David” Pat snapped “Bus, NOW”

Me and David looked at each other and got to our feet. Concentrating on our feet the whole way back to the bus as not to look at Pat’s face was kind of hard when David kept bumping into you on purpose.

“Quit it” I told him pushing him with my shoulder

“What, I’m not doing anything” He protested shoving back into me

“David, stop pushing Amelia” Pat hissed behind us

Back in the bus, the other guys we’re looking mighty smug about something.

“We looked everywhere for you” Seb smiled from the couch

“We we’re so worried” Chuck embraced us both like lost children

Mutters of agreement we’re heard from the others. Pat was not amused at all.

“Sit” He said to me and David, we sat no arguments

Sitting there looking at my lap and wondering why the hell I was letting my brother treat me like I was five years old rather than nineteen. The conclusion I came to I had no idea.

“Pat, it was my idea. Leave, David out of this” I said looking up at him

“Amelia, I know it was your idea but David was still gullible enough to let himself be talked into it” Pat explained glaring at David

“Hey!” David protested “I’m not gullible. I could see how much she wanted to leave the bus and I wanted to leave to. So, it’s both our faults”

“Do you have any idea, how worried I was?” Pat asked looking straight at me

“No” I mumbled looking at my hands again

“We’re in a strange place, Amelia. There’s no way for me to get in contact with you if you just disappear” He whined “That’s why I made you stay on the bus and David, you are gullible”

“Pat, you should hang out with your sister more, she’s cooler than you think” David had totally ignored Pat’s previous statement and ran off to do god knows what to god knows who.

I smiled; he was really growing on me. Pat was standing over me looking at me weird as I stared after David.

“Here” He stated before dropping something into my lap

“A key? I thought I wasn’t allowed one?” I looked confused

“It was supposed to be a surprise” He told me before walking off, still looking pissed.

Sunshine and Stupid Boys Part Two

My stupid brother went and did something kind for me. A key to the bus. Now I could leave whenever I wanted.

David and I had fun to day, I was still smiling. It was weird. Yeah, he’s fanciable but I just didn’t think I would fancy him…I mean he’s one of my older brother’s friends, they’re all usually assholes to me for some reason. No that any of these guys are, well I hope not anyway…saying that I hardly knew them.

Tomorrow is the first day of the tour officially, so I might actually get to hang out with some awesome people, including David.

Signing off
Girl on tour x

I closed my laptop and looked up at Seb sitting across the table from me.

“You’re blushing” He mentioned, taking a bite out of the apple he was holding

“It’s hot in here” I mumbled

“The air conditions on” He smirked and looked round “Do you like someone?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, which its not. I was reply to an email my best friend - Amy sent me” I lied

“And that made you blush because?”

“It was what she asked me in said email”

“What did she say? Something dirty, kinky?” He asked his blue eyes suddenly sparkling

“She asked about the guys I was spending my summer with instead of her. She asked for a description” Not all a lie, I had replied to an email from my best friend just before finishing my blog

“What did you tell her?” Seb asked leaning his elbows on the table, his questions was more code for, what did you tell her about me

“I told her, that I would have to get to know you guys first before I gave her anything” I smiled as he looked at me blankly

“You didn’t tell her about how good-looking I am?” He asked in mock outrage

“No, Seb. She is coming to visit me though, so I’m sure she’ll get to see how good-looking you are” I replied, grabbing his cheek

I picked my laptop up and headed back to my bunk, where I found David laying on his stomach drawing with some sharpies.

“Hey David” I said, causing him to jump

“Amelia, look what you made me do” He held up the piece of paper and showed me

“Sorry” I murmured and ruffled his hair “Why are you in my bunk anyway?” I asked sitting down on the edge of my bed

“It smells like a girl” He answered and kept drawing

“That’s because I am a girl” I was confused

“I like your smell” He mumbled, sniffing the air

“Thanks. I guess” I looked at him funny which made him laugh “Are you going to be long? Because I really want to get to sleep before you guys tonight” I asked looking in a drawer trying to find something to wear to bed

“Done” He smiled and handed me the picture. It was David and I running round the parking lot, screaming by the looks of it. I smiled.

“Thanks, David” I hugged him “This is awesome. I’ll hang it in my bunk” I smiled as he let go of me and ran off to the back room, probably to play computer games or something.

I got changed in the bathroom and folded my clothes. I brushed my hair and teeth before heading off to bed. Falling asleep was easy now that none of the guys we’re snoring around me.
Sign up to rate and review this story