Categories > TV > Criss Angel Mindfreak > Paper Cranes

Wake Me Up, Before You Go

by FallenFromGrace 0 reviews

They woke up in the morning.

Category: Criss Angel Mindfreak - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-02 - Updated: 2008-02-03 - 736 words

0Unrated
When he woke in the morning, Criss didn’t want to open his eyes. He was afraid that it would all be a dream. After all, it did sound sort of ludicrous. Meeting a girl on the bus? Whoever heard of such madness?

Especially a seventeen year old girl that he had taken back to his apartment.

While Criss was contemplating this, he felt something stir in his arms. He opened his eyes, and there she was. Her pouting red lips were parted, just a little, and her hair spilled over the pillow. She fussed slightly in her sleep, curling close to him.

“Shh, you’re okay.” He soothed her. Crayne reached out and put one hand on his chest, right over the place where his heart beat. She settled down once she could feel it beneath her palm. Criss smiled. So it hadn’t been a dream. So it all had been real.

“Criss? Criss Angel?” she murmured sleepily.

“I’m here,”

“I was afraid you’d gone and left me here alone, or locked me in your closet.” She yawned before opening her green, green eyes. Criss found himself blown away by them once again.

“Now why in the world would I want to do that?” he smiled. Her cheeks pinked just a little bit and she shrugged.

“I don’t know. Why does anyone want to hurt anyone else?”

“Good point,” he noticed that she was wearing the same clothes from the bus last night. The shirt was wrinkled now, and he thought that skirt had to be uncomfortable. He untangled his limbs from hers and went over to his dresser.

“What are you doing?” Crayne sat up on her elbows, watching him, slightly worried.

“Just getting you some clean clothes.” He smiled, and she relaxed. What was it about those shining teeth that just made her calm down? She lay back down and watched as he picked her out a black t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants. He tossed them on the bed.

Graciously, he left the room while she dressed. He ducked into the kitchen to see if he had anything to feed the girl. All that he found in his fridge was a container of restaurant ketchup packets.

In his cupboard was half a loaf of bread, and a jar of peanut butter. He set about toasting her some bread and slathering it with the tan goo. It seemed like a ridiculous breakfast to be giving nearly grown woman, but it was all he had.

“Hey,” she stepped out of the bedroom, into the kitchen. Criss nearly choked. She looked so beautiful in his clothes. The t-shirt went almost to her knees, and the sweat pants were rolled up above her ankles. She had brushed her hair and tied it back in a low ponytail.

“Good morning. I made you toast,” he offered her the plate. Crayne took one look at him, offering her the food. She smiled sweetly and cross the floor in her bare feet to kiss him on the cheek.

“You’re amazing.” She grabbed a piece and munched. “Eat the other.” He obeyed her. Instantly he knew that was going to be the way it would always happen with them. There was nothing he could deny her.

“So um,” he put the plate in the sink, hoping she wouldn’t notice the way it overflowed with other dirty things. “Should we be calling the people you’re staying with?”

“We could,” her voice was neutral. “It won’t matter. They won’t miss me.”

“No?”

“Criss, where exactly do you think it is I have to go?” her crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against the wall.

“A home? Someone who loves you?” he guessed.

“I told you. No one goes looking for me. No one loves me, Criss. I don’t have anywhere to go but the group home, and I can only stay there through the summer.” Her green eyes swam with trouble. Criss felt his heart twist.

“So what are you going to do?”

“I wish I knew,” she shrugged. “But okay. Give me my book and I’ll send these back to you when I get to the home and---.”

“No,” the magician interrupted. His heart was thumping in his chest. He knew he couldn’t let her walk out the door. “No, you can’t leave. Not now.”
Sign up to rate and review this story