Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

8 / Words I Thought I’d Never Speak

by frankxgerard 0 reviews

He was a living horror story to them, like Dracula or Frankenstein to humans. Because, really, werewolves and vampires just weren’t all that scary.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-03 - Updated: 2008-02-10 - 1057 words

0Unrated
(Title from “Famous Last Words” – My Chemical Romance)

Gerard’s thoughts wandered as he watched over Frank, sitting on the floor next to him.

It had been only two years since they had gotten out of the mind-trap Adam had sent them into. Gerard had woken up, dazed, and still in the mausoleum. All the time they had been there up in space, or whatever the fuck it was, frank had been wandering, tormenting the people of Justin’s shelter into sleeplessness. He was a living horror story to them, like Dracula or Frankenstein to humans. Because, really, werewolves and vampires just weren’t all that scary. frank was living dead. He was the eyeless ghost stalking the hallways, and the children were convinced that if you saw him, or touched him, you would die by morning.


Gerard had gotten up from the floor, not even thinking about looking to see what the mausoleum had turned to, and shoved past Mikey at the front gate, being shot and shot at multiple times by Aiden’s men on the way back to Frank. Adam had saved them.
From what? Gerard still wasn’t quite sure.


“I… I slept with Adam…,” Gerard said, his voice than a whisper. “I slept with him when you were still in trouble, when I should have been thinking about you.”

Frank touched the side of his face, icy fingers brushing over familiar scar tissue from a bullet wound beneath Gerard’s eye. The vampires weren’t healing as fast. They hadn’t been for a while, but Gerard supposed it was for the best.

“Well, I slept with a woman,” Frank tried, wiping the blood from his blind eyes. It was somewhat gross.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t count,” Gerard said. “You were drugged. I slept with him by my own free will.”

Frank shifted one leg over the side of the bed and his back to Gerard. He pushed his chin into the pillow, staring blankly toward the wall. His muscles rippled as he tried to keep from trembling too much from the cold fever. “That’s okay…”

Gerard shook his head, disbelievingly, leaning back against the wall from where he sat cross-legged at Frank’s side. “I have to talk to Justin. I’ll be back, okay?” He got up, touching Mikey’s shoulder as he left the room.

He didn’t hate Justin. He didn’t hate him at all. Gerard didn’t hold grudges. Everything happened for a reason, and Adam would have done something different if he had had to.

Gerard flinched at the thought.

Adam had been his friend for since he was less than fifty. Adam was barely older than he was, but he was sort of… psychic in a way. He just knew what was right and wrong, and how it may of may not affect things. He was smart. Smarter than Aiden for sure, and if it meant he could only save one life in the end, he would. However, all Gerard could do was sit back and hope it worked. Hope that Frank would live, even when everyone else died.

“Justin, I need arrangements to get Adam’s mate over here.”

Justin nodded, hunching over his desk, where papers and rescue requests were piled. He didn’t just house werewolves anymore; he saved them from being killed in the bombings and human wars.

“Information, please,” Justin said, waving his hand vaguely.

“Uh. First name, Gabrielle. Human last name was Sulyard. Age in the 200s to 300’s. She lives on 51A in… Tony’s sector. I’m pretty sure. You had teams posted at her place a few months ago,” Gerard recited, racking his brain for the long un-accessed memories.

“Yeah, yeah. Okay, I got it. She’s been trying to reach you for a while. Um. I’ll have her over in a couple hours.”

Gerard nodded and glanced at Ryan, who looked away quickly. Was he always with Justin?

“Are you scared of me?” Gerard asked, stepping toward the man.

“No sir.”

“Gerard. You can call me Gerard.”

“Yes si- Gerard,” Ryan stammered, correcting himself. He straightened up and brushed his messy hair from his face. He looked about Frank’s age.

“Ryan, get me Mia,” Justin ordered suddenly, still scribbling on the notebook under his wrist. Ryan scurried off and out the door.

“What’s up with him?” Gerard asked.

“He was born a slave. You know how the Ross pack was. He was fairly obedient since birth, and he’s just been like that. It’s not like he doesn’t want to, he’s like, insistent or something. He won’t not do what you say. It’s weird...”

Gerard nodded. “Oh.”

Ryan came back, a girl in a yellow dress behind him. Gerard noticed the keys in Ryan’s pocket and beckoned him over as he started to leave the room. Justin had already started talking with the woman.

“Ryan, come with me.”

Ryan hurried after Gerard dutifully. Gerard opened a trapdoor in the main hall. It used to be a wine cellar back in the Renaissance period, but when times got harder they’d converted it.

Gerard glided down the stairs, Ryan tripping down gracelessly behind him.

Gerard’s head throbbed painfully. “Give me the key to this door,” he said.

Ryan looked confused. “I don’t know what’s back there.”

“I do,” Gerard said, grabbing the key when Ryan unclipped it from the key ring. He unlocked the metal vault and then the second beyond it. It was freezing.

“S-sir?” Ryan stood at the door, not daring to step past the thick coat of frost covering the doorway.

“Stay there and I’ll come back.”

Gerard’s boots barely slipped on the ice, but his brain was fuzzing at the edges, red spots invading his eyes. He got to a third blockage, just a flimsy gate this time, and ripped it off easily, hardly making a noise. The inside was like a frozen-over morgue, metal cabinets and freezers lining every wall, each labeled with unreadable cards; the frost was too thick.

Gerard opened the drawer and retrieved what he needed from inside, stuffing it in his pockets.

Ryan locked the door behind them and was before Gerard to run back up the stairs. Gerard smirked.
Sign up to rate and review this story