Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

trading friends for trips to the coast

by watch_the_sky 0 reviews

.. and another.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 1017 words - Complete

0Unrated
There is just something about the lighting, about the way it reflects off of the drab concrete walls that surround you no matter what turn you take. Or, maybe it’s the small; that smell that suffocates you the moment you walk through the door. Even the elevator was depressing, with its dull lighting and the suffocating feeling of sickness and death. A lethal combination of these unsettling elements was enough to make you sick, if you were there on leisure, or to make you even sicker, if that was your original purpose for entering this depressing institution of life and death.

Even the buzzing of the florescent light hanging sullenly above her head reminded her of sickness and sadness, it’s buzzing loud enough to just barely drown out the dinging sound the metal box made as it climbed each level of hope or eternal destruction. Unconsciously reaching up for her cheek, her left hand gently grazed the bruise on her face, just barely noticeable to the naked eye, but still tender to the touch. There was no need for this to be happening, she had just spend her time in such depressing institution half way across the country, there was no reason for her to be home, climbing the floors of one right now.

As the metal doors slide open, a final, triumphant ding rang through her eyes and her feet his the floor; nearly sprinting to the nearly congregation of nurses or professional looking individuals in lab coats and orthopedically correct footwear; all she wanted was an answer, all she needed was a finger to point her in the right direction.

“Loretta Stumotro—“ Ana’s lips parted to ask the question she so desperately needed an answer to, but before she could finish stuttering out the final syllables of her own last name, her eyes caught site of her father and brother, pacing the hallway that veered off to the left.

Without a quaint smile of apology to the nurse she had just disrupted, Ana was of again, down the hall and embracing her father in a hug before her mind had time to process a simple thought.


“Daddy, please” Ana pleaded as her father lovingly embraced his only daughter in a loving hug, “Tell me it’s going to be okay.”

“Oh Anabella, “I wish I knew the answer to that.” Arthur Stumotrolazera sighed sadly as he placed gentle kisses on his daughter’s forehead.

“I got here as soon as I could” Ana’s heart was racing in her chest and her breathing was ragged from worrying herself sick, “I caught the first flight.”

“Don’t worry, you did good” Arthur smiled, as Ana gently embraced her brother in a welcoming hug, “Go in, she’s been asking for you.”

With a heavy sigh and a deep breath of courage, she slipped idly through the slightly open door and shuffled quietly into the dimly lit hospital room. The undeniable frame of her grandfather was hunched over a chair near the side of the bed and a smile spread quickly to her lips as she cleared her through for emphasis of her entry.

“Anabella dear” Theodore Stumotrolazera was on his feet immediately, embracing her in a tight, welcoming hug, “I missed you.”

“I missed you too Poppie” Ana smiled happily as she waved gently to her grandmother, who was smiling happily at the site of her husband, and her favorite granddaughter embracing in such a loving gesture.

“Hi Grams” Ana breathed out nervously as she took a seat next to the bed, her grandmothers smile fading quickly and her lips pursing together with worry and concern.

“Your face” There was worry in her eyes, the wrinkles in her forehead as she frowned heavily told the story.

“There was a little accident, but it’s okay, everything is fine.”

“Your lips say its fine” Grams furrowed her eyebrows together now, “But your eyes tell a different story.”

At that moment, when the shift in their sacred bond and conversation came, Theodore cough loudly and awkwardly from the corner of the room, where he was absently scratching at the back of his neck, hoping for an exit strategy, “I uh, I think I’m going to go and get some coffee with Artie and Eric.”

Ana and Loretta both nodded in understanding before returning their attention back to each other, Ana letting out a light laugh as sadness pricked at the back of her throat, “I leave you alone for a few weeks and look what you get yourself into.”

Grams sighed in annoyance, she wasn’t one to be held back by the parting of the seas or a natural disaster, “They say heart attack and liver failure, but I say it’s a case of bad Sheppard’s pie.”

Always a stubborn and painfully independent woman, Loretta Stumotrolazera wasn’t one to be held back and she wasn’t about to let a little stint in the hospital hold her down; and as much as Ana wanted to believe that her grandmother’s fighting attitude would prevail, she couldn’t help the tears that were building up in the corner of her eyes now.

“You don’t think he loves you anymore.” Breaking the momentary silence, the words of her elderly grandmother broke Ana’s trance, the fixation she had found on the ground beneath her feet.

Unsure of how to react to such an accusation, Ana just raised a confused and curious eyebrow. There was no way her grandmother could know, she hadn’t said a word, and her eyes were glued to the floor, but without avail, Grams offered her explanation.

“The way you’re holding in your hand, holding on for dear life” Grams smiled knowingly, “He hasn’t returned your calls; you don’t know if he still loves you.”

“He loves me, I know that” Ana sighed, holding onto control of her voice, willing it not to crack under the sadness as a tear silently spilled down her right cheek, “I don’t know if love is enough.”
Sign up to rate and review this story