Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > a vampire?! (hiei story)-1

chp 4

by unlucky13 0 reviews

...

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hiei - Published: 2008-02-09 - Updated: 2008-02-09 - 2226 words

0Unrated
NO RECAP!

I was running with my vampire speed. My family was just as fast if not faster. They were holding torches and pikes from the dark ages. I kept running. My sister ran up to my speed. Her eyes were red. "Why didn't you come back for me?!" she hissed. Her body morphed into a bat. The bat leaped on my and pinned my to the ground. It bit a chunk out of my marble skin. But there was no pain.

The rest of my family caught up turning into their own demons. They all began to feast on my flesh. The blood painted over my eyes. Then it dimmed to black..

I woke up breathing heavily. I was sitting up. Hiei had his arms around me. "Are you ok?" he whispered. I sucked in deep breaths even though I knew it wouldn't help. "N-Not really," I said. I was shaking. "I'm sorry you had to be here for my first nightmare," I said. "You were talking in your sleep," he said letting me go now. I laughed as the mood lightened a bit.

"What was I saying?" I asked. "You were saying 'No not you too, please, not my family' and.. I saw it too," he said. I nodded. It only made sense that he could see my dreams. "What time is it?" I asked. "2 A.M. ," he said. I suddenly got the thirst. "I'll be right back," I said as I ran into my room. I threw opened the fridge and pulled out a bag of blood. I tore off the corner and started to drink. When I finished it I threw it in the trashcan. I felt for my fangs. They were really sharp right now. They soon faded back to the human form.

I walked back to Hiei's room. He was already asleep. I smiled. He looks so cute when he's sleeping, totally defenseless.. That gave me and idea. But it vanished when he started talking. "Yumi.. Please don't -don't go Yumi.." He whispered. My eyes widened. I crawled over to his ear and whispered, "I'm not going anywhere, I'll stay as long as Koenma needs me.

Then he grabbed my shoulders and flipped himself on top of me. "KYAA!!!!!!" I screamed. Hiei immediately woke up and scramble off me. "Oh my God I'm so sorry Yumi," he shouted. He got a bit confused when I started laughing. "What the hell? If it's such a good joke then why did you scream?!" he asked angrily. "Yo-your face!" I said between my fit of laughter. I pictured the image in my mind to let him see it.

Then he started laughing too. Kurama burst through the door and saw me and Hiei on the floor, laughing and holding our sides. Kurama frowned. "Could you guys be a bit more respectful for the other people living here? We do have school tomorrow," he said. I stopped laughing and said, "Sure thing Kurama." I gave him a big cheesy smile. Kurama sighed and nodded. Hiei and I crawled back up in the bed. I smiled and fell asleep again.

It felt like the next second I woke up. I hated sleep like that but beggars can't be choosers. Hiei was still asleep. I smiled. I got up and went to my room and changed into my school clothes. I put my hair in a ponytail today thankful to get it out of my face. Hiei was already down stairs eating when I got down. "You're slow," he said. I hit him playfully and got my backpack together. In no time Kurama was in the driver's seat with us in the back.

School was normal. Rumors were already spread that I didn't eat. I really hate high school drama. Instead of Hiei acting like my boyfriend he was acting like my best friend. I didn't mind though. We were all at the lunch table, only 3 more periods to go. "Man, I hate school," Yusuke said. I nodded. Gym was actually fun for once. In my old human life I was the slowest, here I was the fastest. I had my face in my hands just spacing out.

Hiei wrapped his arm around me and continued talking with Kurama. I looked up at him but he didn't pay attention. I focused on a spot on the floor. The blood wasn't as overwhelming now. I could smell someone approaching. Their blood smelled awful! "Hi Hiei!" the girl squealed. Hiei raised an eyebrow and asked, "Do I know you from somewhere?" "Huh? Oh, no you don't but I was just wondering if, well, if you wanted to go out with me," she said in a sickeningly sweet way. I mentally cringed. Hiei's eyes were wide in shock. Maybe he's never been asked before, he should have been expecting it though. He's hot. ( why thank you) I hate you ( sure ya do)

He smirked at the girl. He turned to me and grabbed my chin. He put a hard kiss on my lips. When he was done I felt a little light headed though I never need air. Her jaw dropped. "How could you like her?! She's so ugly!" the girl screamed. The whole lunch room went quiet. Hiei stood up and was about to tell her off, but I beat him to it. "What did you say?" I asked. She gave me a smirk. "Ugly, that's what you are." My fists tightened and my bangs covered my eyes.

( you said you didn't like killing) today could be a wonderful exception. ( I'm afraid I can't let you) He grabbed my wrist. "Yumi, I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met, there's no way I'd give you up for that slut," Hiei said out loud. I nodded and sat back on the seat. The girl looked horrified. She 'hmphed' and walked away. "You're eyes are red," Hiei whispered to me. I nodded and focused on calming down.

Back when I was human I was called ugly constantly. I was the ugly girl and it really showed when I was with my friends. I missed them a lot too. (they're normal again) thanks (for what?) not letting me kill her, I would have regretted it (no problem) Gym was awful. I got so many stares of disgust that I just wanted to hide away.

"Ok girls! Track today!" the gym teacher said and we went outside on the track. It was really cold outside, I loved it. I started running immediately. I stopped hearing everyone else and just ran around the track. I didn't want to blow our cover so I ran really fast for a human. After I finished a few laps the coach said I could go change back.

The rest of the day went easy since I was in all of Hiei's classes. The ride home was very quiet. It had started to rain. When we got back in the house I was soaked to the bone. I threw my bag down and headed to my shower. I was about to go in my room but Hiei grabbed my wrist. "Here," he muttered handing me some shorts and a tee-shirt. I nodded and numbly walked into my room. I peeled off the clothes. I thought about asking Koenma to not make me go to school, but it sounded so cowardly.

I took a long shower and put on the clothes Hiei lent me. Luckily I had no homework today. I walked into Hiei's room. He was already in there and under the covers. "Did you want to go to bed early?" he asked. I gave him a tired smile and nodded. I crawled under the covers. Hiei wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. "I'm sorry for what that girl did," he whispered. "It's fine, I just thought that part of my life was over," I whispered back, "I was always the ugly girl." He kissed my forehead. I smiled.

Any girl would be lucky to have him. Then I fell asleep.

~HIEI'S POINT OF VIEW~

I couldn't help but listen into her mind. For the most part it was numb, totally blank. I don't really understand though. Just one girl called her ugly. But when she came in the room she said something about 'that part of her life being over'. I wish she would have thought about it more. (any girl would be lucky to have him) If only she knew I want her to be that girl.. But I had no time for this, we have a mission that we need to finish.

But I haven't even sensed any demon's besides the ones here. Maybe one day I can take her to see her friends. Perhaps she would like that. Wait.. She's starting to dream..

~DREAM~

My hair was the old mouse brown it used to be, my freckles weren't faded out, my eye's were hazel, and I was the old chubby me. Sort of. I was older, maybe 18. I was in a coffee shop with my friend Lacey, we were talking about classes. Apparently I was going to Harding. Then a guy a bit taller than me came up. He had black hair and olive skin, his eyes were chocolate brown and he was as chubby as me. He put his arm around my waist and kissed my cheek. I blushed and kept talking to Lacey-

~end of Dream~

I woke up with someone shaking me. "W-What?" I asked. Hiei looked at me. Not with his usual sweet stare but with something of jealousy. "What's going on?" I asked. "Who was that guy?" he said. Wow he really gets to the point. " I don't know, why did you wake me up?" I was getting kind of angry now, this was the first good dream I'd had in 3 years, and he woke me up! He shrugged and laid back down.

I rubbed my temples. "What time is it?" I asked. "5 a.m. ," he muttered. I sighed. "I seriously don't know who that guy was, he seemed familiar but I don't remember him. Sorry my dream woke you up," I whispered. He nodded and turned over to face me. "You'll be able to sleep in tomorrow," he said. " I will?!" I asked. Was I not going to school? "Tomorrow's Saturday," he said. Oh, right, I knew that. (Sure you did) " 'Night," I said. He pulled me to him again and said, "Sweet dreams."

I didn't dream but fell into a long dreamless sleep. I didn't wake up till 12:00. Hiei's red eyes were looking right at me. I yawned. "So what do you want to do today?" he asked. I shrugged. "I dunno," I said , "You?" " I was thinking maybe we could go and get you some pj's," he said. I nodded and said, "That'd be a good idea." "Maybe we can see some of your friends too.." He trailed off. I shook my head. "I'm not strong enough for that," I whispered, "Maybe another day." He nodded and I jumped of the bed.

I went to my room and threw on a black tank top, jeans, and my black army boots. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I actually wanted to go outside today. I hardly ever got to go outside during the day. I was always afraid I would kill some one. I pulled my bag on, drained a bag of blood, and raced down the stairs. Hiei was already there twirling the keys on his finger. I smiled. I still had quite a few gems from when I stole.

I looked down at my finger, the ring was still there. "We need to go to a jeweler's first," I said, "I need to sell these." He nodded and started walking to the car. My jaw dropped. My dream car. A black Jeep Wrangler. He frowned. "Aren't you going to get in?" he asked. I nodded and pulled myself in.

We went to a jewelers where I sold a fourth of the gems for 5,000 pounds. We bought some pjs and walked around for a bit. Something in the window of a pawn shop caught my eye. I was a large Katana with emerald cut as stars put into the blade. The sheath was black with green dragon winding up it. I just stared. Hiei followed my gaze and pulled me into the store. Before I realized what was going on we were headed home and the blade was in my hands.

"Hiei, thank you so much," I whispered. "She speaks! Oh and you're welcome," he said. I smiled at him and studied the sheath. I never was a normal girl. Most girls freaked out over flowers or chocolates. My perfect gift was a bladed weapon of some kind. We got home and we went up to my room. I flipped through my numerous CDS. "Nickelback?" I asked. He nodded and I put the CD into the stereo system.

My room was clean at least. He busied himself by looking through my art book. I unsheathed my sword and kept looking at it. I traced the engravings with my fingers. I hadn't practiced with a sword in a while. (would you like to?) I'd love to.

Hiei went to his room and came back with his own sword.
Sign up to rate and review this story