Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Dim Bulb

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Sort of a continuation of my two other Ishida in the afterlife fics, The Last One, and The Letter. For someone who always excelled in academics, Ishida doesn't feel very bright now that he's at the...

Category: Bleach - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Ishida Uryuu - Published: 2008-02-09 - Updated: 2008-02-10 - 248 words - Complete

1Funny
Dim Bulb
by: youkai_girl AKA eternalsailorsolarwind

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only own some merchandising and this fic.

A/N: Written for the Week 6 prompt at bleach_contest: Bright. It is sort of a continuation of my two other Ishida in the afterlife fics, The Last One, and The Letter. For someone who always excelled in academics, Ishida doesn't feel very bright now that he's at the Soul Reaper Academy.

0o0o0o0o0o

Ishida didn't feel particularly bright at the moment. A mere month into his classes at the Soul Reaper Academy, he was at the bottom of the class. For someone who had consistently ranked number one for all his years of schooling – medical school included – it was a huge blow to his pride. No matter that the reason for his low grades was the fact that he had to unlearn how to be a Quincy before he could learn to be a /shinigami/.

The ribbing he was receiving from Kurosaki and Abarai for his low marks was particularly galling. The worst of it, however, was the fact that he was scoring lower than Asano Keigo, who had preceded him into the afterlife be only a few months. Asano, the dimmest academic bulb he had ever met, was soaring past him. It was completely humiliating, but he was determined that he was going to come out on top in the end.
Sign up to rate and review this story