Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Girlfriend

Fall to Pieces

by jengrey 0 reviews

I don't want to talk about it And I don't want a conversation I just want to cry in front of you. 3 little words.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-10 - Updated: 2008-02-11 - 1243 words

0Unrated
Theresa quietly closed the door behind her as she wiped her tears on her hand. She sniffled and breathed in and out heavily.
'Theresa! Where the Hell have you been?'
She whipped around to see Jay, standing up and a chair that she suspected he was sitting on, lying on the floor behind him.
'We were all so worried!'
'Yah well I'm sure you were,' she mumbled and tried to pass him but he was much larger than she was.
'Look Theresa,' Jay said as he held her still by her shoulders. 'I really am not in the mood for your crap, okay?'
'Well then that makes two of us,' She said bitterly. 'Yours, I mean.'
She swiveled her head to find Brooke sleeping soundly on the couch by the TV. 'Well I see that Sleeping Drunkie is out like a light.'
'Hey,' Jay's tone was suddenly much colder and stronger, a tone that she had never heard him speak to her in. 'Theresa I know that you don't like her very much but if you could just make a little effort to like her. Once you get to know her you realize that she's actually a--'
'Much bigger bitch than she is in real life? Yah, I know that much.'
'A much nicer person.'
His voice was strained, like he was trying not to scream.
'I'm going to bed,' Theresa said, pushing herself out of his arms.
'That's not all,' he said, spinning to face her. 'Theresa, we think that you might have an eating disorder.'
She froze, mid-stair, and twisted her head around.
'I do not have an eating disorder,' she shuddered, her voice quavering.
'Oh really? No dinner again Theresa, no breakfast again, no lunch again Theresa!'
'I have food at restaurants and Starbucks and--'
'Who are you fooling here Theresa.'
Jay's voice was so quiet it sent a shiver down her spine.
'I'm just losing some weight, it doesn't mean that I have a--'
'Yes it does!' Jay shouted and she was sure that the whole house had woken now.
'Just,' she whispered, slowly walking down the stairs. 'Just leave me alone Jay.'
'No, Theresa I care about you so much--'
'And?'
'What?'
'And that's it? Jay don't you dare say that you've never felt anything? What about on Valentine's Day last year? What about on missions when you always pair up with me? Or when you'd save me first? Or when you'd always make sure that I was okay? Or how about when we were fighting Cronos and you stayed behind when I was trapped in my dream? I know about how you apologized by my bedside when I was 'asleep'? What about all of those time Jay? Well?'
Jay was standing still.
'If Cronos knew--'
'Oh my God, just enough with all this Cronos shit! I am sick and tired of you toying with me and my feelings here Jay! You love the chase and nothing more. So you know what? You can have it, you can have all of it. See, when I fall in love with you over and over agin I end up getting hurt. When you fall for me then I still end up getting hurt and, and I am tired of getting hurt! I am tired of crying Jay.'
'I apologize for that--'
'Jay I don't want an apology,' she trudged down the stairs towards him and held his hand that slowly relaxed in hers.' I don't want to talk about it. I don't want a conversation, I just want to tell you that I...'
It felt like a block of dry ice was caught in her throat and the three little words that wanted to come out were trapped.
'All I want is for one guy to prove to me that they're not all the same. And what's more is that I want you to be that guy.'
'Theresa I really care about you and I--I,' Jay was practically hoarse now. 'I really like you.'
'Same here Jay but I am tired of crying and getting hurt.'
'So then what are you?'
Voices were raising again.
'I am in love with you!'
The minute that the words had left her lips she immediately regretted freeing them.
'Dammit.'
'You, you're in love with me?'
'You know what, Jay I want you to decide because I am sick of talking to you.'
'No Theresa I want to talk about this!' He held her in his arms as she cried into his shirt.
'I looked away
Then I look back at you.
You try to say things that you can't undo.
If I had my way,
I'd never get over you.
Today's the day.
I pray that I make it through.

'Make it through the fall,
Make it through it all.'

'Theresa,'

'And I don't to fall to pieces,
I just want to sit and stare at you.
I don't want to talk about it,' she held him tighter
I don't want a conversation.
I just want to cry in front of you
I don't want to talk about it.
Cuz I'm in love with you!'

Jay stood dumbfounded, the words that he, not any other guy in this household could say, Theresa was singing.

'You're the only one,
I'd be with till the end
When I come undone
You bring me back again,' she sang with somewhat dry cheeks.

'Back under the stars,
Back in to your arms.

'And I don't wanna fall to pieces
I just want to sit and stare at you,
I don't want to talk about it,'

Jay held her tighter.

'And I don't want a conversation
I just want to cry in front of you
I don't want to talk about it
Cuz I'm in love with you.'

She left the warmth and comfort of his arms

'Wanna know who you are,
Wanna know where to start,
I wanna know what this means.'

'But Theresa,'

'Wanna know how you feel
Wanna know what is real
I wanna know everything,
Everything

'And I don't wanna fall to pieces
I just want to sit and stare at you,' She held his hand tightly.
'And I don't wanna talk about it
And I don't want a conversation
I just want to cry in front of you,' And she let go.
'I don't want to talk about it!'

She walked closer to him.

'And I don't wanna fall to pieces
I just want to sit and stare at you
And I don't wanna talk about it
And I don't a conversation
I just want to cry in front of you
I don't want to talk about it
Cuz I'm in love with you,

'I'm in love with you,
Cuz I'm in love with you
I'm in love wit you
I'm in love with you!' Theresa trudged back up the stairs with Jay still standing in the kitchen, at a total loss for any kind of word.

'I guess I'm a fool, thinking that you're thinking of me,' Theresa's thought hung in his mind as the one thought flew throughout the house like a bird taking the first sip of guarded freedom.
Sign up to rate and review this story