Harry Potter / DC Comics Universe crossover. Harry is given the Universe's Ultimate Weapon the summer after 3rd year.
- Was this a one shot? If not, maybe you can make this an Earth II Harry Potter, and have the Justice Society of America instead of the Justice League. Dr. fate would be fun to see here.
Author's response- No, it's a chapter story of 4th year...
- I was thinking about using the magic based GL for a while, but then realized that Harry's summer vacation from 3rd year synched up with Kyle Raynor becoming the last Lantern pretty well. so no wood weakness... Also no cameos, so Fate ain't gonna make to this one.
- Good start, here; gald to see you're well enough along to start posting this one. I'll be looking forard to further installments.
I like the action-packed introduction that pulls the reader in. Now, you need to establish the backstory prior to continuing the action. This is obviously a different HP/Green Lantern crossover since he uses a staff. I like his approach, though, to go bold and make quite the statement at the same time manages to definitely et back the Deeters.
- Good start. Question to a response...no wood weakness? Are you using Alan Scott's version of the GL power then, or Kyle's (which had no weaknesses, the yellow weakness was removed)? Of course they've restated how the yellow weakness works so much it's crazy, so who can tell? Looking forward to more of all your stories.
Author's response-Kyle's as introduced. When I noticed that Kyle got the ring in April of Harry's third year, I fiddled with the vagarities of time space to have Ganthet arrive on Earth in July, and make a slightly different decision...
- I'm using the powerset of Kyle's ring at the begining...
- Ooh neat. So Harry is taking Kyles place? I'm guessing that the staff is just a construct like his staff which while functional is just a prop to fit the look? Well anyways neat prolouge can't wait to see what the rumor mills start saying about "Green Magic"
Author's response- Yes. Ganthet arrived 3 months later than from DCU canon, and made a different choice.
- Re: staff, yep. Why call attention to the fact you have the universe's ultimate weapon?
- He will be scaring more than a few people.
- Nice teaser chapter. Too bad Malfoy appears to still be alive. The only good Malfoy is a dead Malfoy.
Is the green emerald green, neon green, forest green, kelly green, puke green, or what?
I suppose this is Green Lantern appearing at the World Cup and not Harry's new masked personna?
Author's response- Deep rich forest green. The color of life.
- The person in question has the only Oan ring, yes.
- Nice intro, its seems like the Green Lantern is a dark hero, when will you let us know who he is?.
First HP/Green lantern crossover I ever read. I really hope you can continue soon.
Author's response- Yes.
- There are others, pretty good too, though sadly seemingly abandoned. I'm taking a different tact.
(#) PerfesserN 2008-02-15 05:11:38 AMNice job of co-mingling here. I always thought that Green Lantern's powers were magical in nature.
Then again, remember, any highly advanced technology will appear to a less advanced one to be, well, magic.
It’s kind of convenient that both DC Comics and Harry Potter are Warner Brother's properties, eh? It makes
such a paring at least plausible sometime in the future.
I’m a little envious of your prolificacy – read that as challenged to write more myself, I’m following several
of your stories and enjoying all of them.
Author's response- Alan Scotts' were (the Golden age GL with the vulnerability to wood) The Silver, bronze and Tin age Lanterns on the other hand are explained as Alien technology.
- Prolificacy is fine, though there is something to be said for actually finishing something.