The fall of the corps, The Birth of a Villain, Harry has a visitor bearing gifts, Harry sees a new side of Hermione
(#) ROBERT_1958 2008-02-15 02:56:22 PMGreat story.
There needs to be a easy way for Harry to know how to use the new gifts he recived.
There needs to be a way for for Harry to protect Hermie.
I hope Harry & Hermie will be a main pairing in this story.
Please update soon?
Author's response- The Power Ring is definitely a learn as you go tool. That's what Hermione's for.
- He will.
- They are.
- Well, the basic backstory is off to a rousing start. I like the way Harry is cautiously exploring his new abilities rather than just jumping into using them. I'm certain Hermione will be able to help him, there; though I suspect that after seeing her like that, he may have another "problem" he'd kinda like her "helping hand" with. I do hope t his does turn out to be a HHr fic, I rather like the pair of them.
Finally, you're doing a good job of weaving in the necessary background without being overall obvious or blatant about it.
I'm definitely looking forward to more, including, I hope, a developing and more intimate relationship 'tween Harry and Hermione.
Author's response- Well at just 14 and almost 15 they're a little young yet. Though I'm sure that by now Harry has discovered his 'Special Purpose'...
- I do intend this to be a Harry/Hermione ship...
- Oh, I meant to suggest that perhaps Harry's ability to work with yellow objects is a result of a synergy between the ring and his magic.
Author's response- Nope. The 1994 Kyle Raynor ring no longer had the yellow limitation nor the 24 hour charge limitation...
(#) iamspammer 2008-02-15 07:11:23 PMI agree with "Cateagle" on all points.
I'd like to add that I don't think ring is good source of power, JUST BECAUSE if he looses the ring then he's powerless. I wonder if you should mention that only Harry can take the ring of. It can't be taken off or can't loose by accident or something.
And yes, I do hope its H/Hr and you plan on doing something about his "problem" soon.
Author's response- The fact that the ring cannot be removed by another will be shown in a chapter or two... This chapter I concentrated on showing that it only works for him.
- He's only 14, she's almost 15. It's a little early to be taking care of that 'problem' without it being kiddie porn, which I will not do.
- Though Harry is going to have to deal with his 'Special Purpose'...
and probably Hermione with hers...
- Ok this is good so far. I remember a character, Jade, who's somehow connected to the 'Original" Green lantern who wore a cloak and was blone and NOT Hal Jordan (AKA Specter Etc...).
maybe Hermione can be Harry 'Jade' here.
Also he'll not only have his OA ring but his magic as well.
Oh... this has Sooooooo many Possibilities, and there ARE some magical characters in the DC universe that can be very helpful and frightful as well.
Author's response- Jennie-Lynn Hayden. AKA Jade was the daughter of Allan Scott, the original GL (a magic based GL), her powers were natural. As much as I'd like to power up Hermione, I'm not sure how I'd go about it with in the logical framework I want to use.
- Harry will be using his magic as well, yes. And using the ring to amplify the magic.
- Not really planning to have any cameos... Unless I use Major Force in an homage to Kyle Raynor's origin...
- Well at least if you use Major Force, you won't have Hermione end up like Alex did! That whole "stuffed in a fridge" thing would ruin the H/Hr ship.
I had the Hermione/Jade thought too, but I'm guessing she'll be more the Carol/Alex role. But if you do the "Hal from the past pops up and gives Harry a replicating ring" thing...
You mentioned the ring upping Harry's magic...are you going to have the ring able to take an emergency charge from Harry? Until the Ion story, the ring could run out of juice, just based on usage and not time like Hal's.
Another fellow comics geek, of course...I always liked the Kyle GL.
Author's response- If Force shows up, he may well end up in the fridge...
- I hated the replicating ring plot and refuse to use it on principle.
- Re: the ring running out of juice, I've decided that since the ring is semi sentient, Harry is going to order it to inform him when it gets to 1/4 of a tank as it were...
- I liked the GL concepts, who ever was in the spandex... Especially since the entire concept was a Lensman homage...