Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Two times the Doctor missed his destination completely, and one time no one cared

Chapter 1

by BringMeSunshine 0 reviews

ummm...the doctor and rose go places. stuff happens. the title says it all really.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-23 - Updated: 2008-02-23 - 504 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Doctor lay under the TARDIS console, with Rose watching him work. He came out and leaned on the console.

“You know what? I think I’m getting better at this navigation lark. Therefore, pick somewhere to go. Anywhere, just to test me.”

Rose smiled, “Anywhere? You really mean that?”

“Yep. Absolutely anywhere. Oh, apart from-”

Rose cut him off, “-my mum’s. Can we go see her? Please?”

“Oh come on Rose. We haven’t been there for ages, she’ll slap me! She always does…” He added, darkly.

“Aww! You can handle aliens but you can’t handle my mum? She teased.

He poked his tongue out at her, “For your information, she doesn’t scare me. I told you to test me anyway. You could have asked for far off galaxies, and instead you want the Powell Estate?”

“I have to see her some time, she’s my mum-”

“-and she hates me.” The Doctor replied gloomily.

“Doctor….!” Rose complained.

The Doctor looked at her pleading eyes and changed his mind. “Okay, fine. We’ll go if you want.” Rose followed him to the monitor where he typed in some coordinates. “There you go! Next stop, London 2006.” He turned back to Rose. “Are you happy now?”

“Yes. Very.” She leaned over and kissed him. He went to deepen the kiss until she pulled away. “Yeah, perhaps not. Once we start there’s no stopping you, remember?”

A faraway look came into The Doctor’s eyes. “Oh yes, I remember it well…”

Rose laughed, “Before I stand here all day, I’m going to get changed, alright?”

“Yeah. I’ll wait here.” He waited until Rose had gone down one of the many corridors, then quickly changed the coordinates and pulled a lever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor grabbed his coat then bounded towards the TARDIS doors, Rose walking after him. “I promise you” she said, “if mum tries to hit you, I’ll tell her to stop.”

“Rose, I really don’t mind. I’m used to it anyway.” He opened the doors, “Here we are, the wonderful Powell….” He stopped. “Do you usually get snow round your area?”

Rose went outside, the snow crunching beneath her feet. “Doctor,” she said darkly, “This isn’t the Powell Estate. I doubt this is even England. Hold on…” She spun round to face him. “This is the North Pole. YOU BROUGHT US TO THE NORTH POLE!” She yelled.

The Doctor ran a hand through his hair, trying not to look guilty. “I guess my navigational skills aren’t what I thought they were, eh?”

Rose smiled weakly, “What am I going to do with you?”

“Oh, I think I can come up with a few things….” He grinned. “Tell you what, we’ll go back inside and test them out.”

Rose grinned and went back within the TARDIS. The Doctor went to follow her, stopping just before he closed the doors. “The best thing is,” He said to himself, “she didn’t suspect a thing…”
Sign up to rate and review this story