Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 6

by Inudork08 0 reviews

Everyone visits Ritsuka after he has been Hospitalized and has made peace with his mother. What lies ahead for him?

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1048 words

0Unrated
Ritsuka still lied there his breathing steady and slow. Seimei gently kissed his brother’s hand then went to sleep on the chair beside him. It’s been three days and Ritsuka still stayed in his slumber until a few signs showed that he could wake up soon. Seimei was in one of the corners quietly talking to Soubi.

“How is he doing?”

“He’s still the same, but the doctor’s said he is showing some signs of waking up soon.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah. I swear though, if I ever see Breathless again, I will kill them for what they did to Ritsuka.”

“I will help too.”

“Sei…mei…”

Seimei spun around to see Ritsuka’s half open eyes looking for him.

“Sei…mei…”

“I’ll call you back Soubi. He just woke up.”

“Okay. Call me when we can come and see him okay?”

“Okay.”

Seimei clicked the cell phone shut and walked over to Ritsuka’s bedside.

“Hi Ritsuka, how are you feeling?”

“Like I hadn’t eaten in weeks.”

“It’s only been three days. I’ll be right back okay? I need to get the doctor.”

Ritsuka nodded as he watched Seimei walk out the door and close it quietly behind him. Ritsuka looked around the room then focused on the closet door. It was slowly opening, and his eyes widened in horror.

Seimei walked through the hospital trying to find a doctor, but the hospital was deserted. He turned around and quickly walked back to Ritsuka’s room.

Ritsuka screamed as Ai was on top of him, trying to choke the life out of him.

“This time you will die Ritsuka!”

“No…! Seimei…!”

Just then the door flew open and Seimei stood in the doorway.

“Ritsuka!”

Seimei ran over and threw Ai off of Ritsuka making him crash into a wall. Seimei quickly unhooked Ritsuka from all of the machines and picked him up. Ritsuka clutched Seimei’s shirt as if his life depended on it. Seimei ran out of the hospital and quickly called Soubi.

“Hello?”

“Soubi, meet me in the park, and hurry.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute.”

Seimei took Ritsuka and sat under an Oak tree. Ritsuka coughed as Seimei held him under the tree, trying to keep him warm. Seimei used the sleeve of his jacket and wiped Ritsuka’s mouth off. Then a pair of headlights made Seimei jump up and run towards them. Soubi jumped out of the car and opened the passenger’s door so Seimei could jump in with Ritsuka.

“What happened?”

“Breathless somehow got rid of everyone in the hospital building and tried to attack Ritsuka while I went to look for his doctor.”

“It’s good to see that he’s awake.”

“Yeah…”

Seimei smoothed back Ritsuka’s hair as Ritsuka looked out the window.

“Do you wanna go to my place?”

“Only if it’s okay.”

“It’s fine.”

When they got to Soubi’s house Seimei put Ritsuka in the spare bedroom while Soubi got him a futon so he could sleep in the same room as Ritsuka.

“In the morning we’ll figure out what to do, but for now get some rest.”

“Yeah.”

Seimei looked at his little brother and slowly closed his eyes. The next morning Ritsuka awoke alone. He sat up alert his eyes looking at the dark figure n the doorway.

“No! Seimei! Soubi! No! Help!”

The dark figure rushed forward to Ritsuka, gently holding him down and taling to him in hushed tones.

“It’s okay Ritsuka! It’s okay!”

Ritsuka realized that it was Seimei and stopped thrashing.

“I-I thought you were Breathless…”

Ritsuka sat up and hugged his older brother around the waist.

“I’m scared Seimei…she’s going to come back for me...when I’m all alone…”

Ritsuka gripped his brother’s shirt tighter and Seimei gently rubbed his brother’s back.

“She won’t ever touch you, Soubi and I will always protect you.”

Ritsuka nodded then looked at his brother’s loving face.

“What about mom and dad?”

“They’re on their way right now.”

Ritsuka’s face began to glow as a smile spread across his face. Then the doorbell rang and Seimei got up.

“That must be them.”

Ritsuka bounded out of bed a little fast and dizzily fell to his knees.

“Ritsuka?”

“I guess I got up a little fast…”

Ritsuka got up and followed Seimei to the door.

“Is Ritsuka okay?!”

Tears began to fall down Ritsuka’s mother’s face as she ran up and hugged her fragile son. Ritsuka tightly hugged her back but gasped when a sharp object pierced his skin.

“W-Why…?”

“Ritsuka! You’re not our parents! They wouldn’t do this to Ritsuka!”

Seimei ran over to his brother and pulled out the little dagger that stuck out from his back. Soubi and Kio ran out and looked at the confusing scene.

“What’s going on?”

“Soubi! They’re not our parents! It’s Breathless in disguise!”

“Retreat! You want to leave this place, like a pair of little birds, carried away by a gust of wind!”

Breathless was carried away, but they didn’t struggle to fight back or anything, but merely smiled as Kio quickly closed the door.

“W-Why did they do that Seimei…I thought she apologized…”

“Shh…it wasn’t them Ritsuka, it was Breathless. Do not blame mom and dad.”

“How are you feeling Ritsuka?”

Soubi asked as he knelt down and began to check his temperature.

“I feel fine… It was just a scratch…”

“Why does Septimal Moon want him dead so badly?! I think it’s time we do something Soubi!”

“I agree. We will go tonight.”

“No! You can’t leave me! You can’t Seimei!”

“I’ll be back before dinner okay? I promise. Kio will stay with you the whole time okay?”

“But Seimei…”

“Don’t worry Ritsuka, we’ll have lots of fun together okay?”

Ritsuka looked up at Kio’s smiling face and suddenly felt reassured. Kio walked Seimei and Soubi to the door.

“Protect him with everything okay Kio?”

“I will I promise Soubi. Just come back safe okay?”

Soubi nodded and Kio quickly shut the door then locked the latches.
Sign up to rate and review this story