Categories > Original > Mystery > ~First Try Always Fails~

Chapter 2 : Is Beauty Only Skin Deep?

by QuietIsTheNewLoud 1 review

What she expected to see was nothing compared to what she saw.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 333 words

0Unrated
What she expected to see was nothing compared to what she saw.

Standing in front of her was not a old, pale, Grey haired woman but a gorgeous lady, stood tall with poise and grace. Fair skin was dusted with freckles, long flowing chestnut locks framed her face. She had long, slender legs with arms to match.

Alyce was captivated and amazed.

She had never seen someone so beautiful and poised.

Aunt Riley smiled sweetly and ushered Alyce inside.

"My dear child, I am so sorry about your lose now, if you don't mind Ingrid will escort you to your room while I tend to some business." Riley pointed towards a small, fair haired lady standing on the bottom step of the staircase.

Alyce was still in awe. "Thank you Aunt Riley, thank you for letting me stay with you, I promise I will find my own place soon."

The Aunt smiled her sweet smile again.

"Please, call me Riley or Ryry if you please and it is my pleasure sweet child of my sister Alica."

Alyce teared up at the sound of her mothers name, the last time she heard it was when she found out the horrible news of her fate.

Because Alyce was only 17 she was still a child according to the Bithem State Law. When she is 18 years of age, she would be able to live on her own.

Riley simply smiled apologetically and waltzed off through the wooden arch in the hallway. Ingrid waited patiently while Alyce finally took the chance to look around the room in which she was standing in.

The floor was a mahogany coloured wood panels with the walls painted a sky, sweet blue. But what really caught Alyce's eye was the grand staircase, positioned in the center of the room.

White banisters and red velvet carpet covered stairs.

Crystal lights hung down, lighting up the oak desk by the side of the wooden arch Alyce had preciously just seen her aunt pass through.
Sign up to rate and review this story