Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

this is the last time, id never say no to you ..

by watch_the_sky 2 reviews

this is just a filler update i basically just threw together. please ignore any and all errors ..

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-02-27 - Updated: 2008-02-28 - 1237 words - Complete

0Unrated
Uncomfortable silence is deafening. Right now, Pete was hanging on for dear life and Patrick, well; Patrick was still pacing the floor of their hotel suite, as he had been doing for the last fifteen minutes. After the sadness, panic set in and the pacing had begun that indescribable look of worry written on his fragile facial features.

Every few laps across the bed, where Pete was currently sitting with his legs to his knees to his chest, Patrick would stop and glance at the cellular device charging in the corner of the room on the bedside table; praying and hoping, willing it to ring. But when it, alas, did not, he would return to his pacing, dragging his heels across the carpet, unable to form complete thoughts or even sentences.

Pete was perched on the end of Patrick’s bed, with his knees to his chest and a familiar look of worry engulfing his features. He still wanted to believe that Patrick was joking, that Ana was kidding and that they weren’t over; it was all just a joke. And that’s when it dawned on him.

“You obviously have to go home; I’ll call Janet right now and get you a flight!”

Patrick stopped pacing, this time, to cock an eyebrow of confusion in Pete’s direction, before, obviously, glancing over at his phone. Shaking his head like Pete had just made the most ridiculous joke he had ever heard, his sneakers once again sent out on their predetermined path.

“That really isn’t an option right now.”

Pete was clutching his Blackberry in his hands when he jumped from the bed, on his feet and in motion before Patrick could protest anymore. “It is, it has to be.”

“It would be ridiculously stupid if I went home” Patrick was always there to counteract any plan Pete had ever constructed, “its done Pete, we’re over, I fucked up and there’s no time to fix it.”

“It would be ridiculously stupid if you didn’t go. It isn’t over, it’s never over and there is always time.” This was one of the best ideas Pete has had in a long time and there was no way he was letting Patrick shoot it down this easily, “It’s fine, we can make it work; we’ll reschedule a show and do some press without you, that will buy you three, maybe even four days.”

“We can’t, it would look terrible.”

“We can and I am” Pete beamed proudly; there was no way Patrick was going to win this fight.

“She was supposed to get her dress altered today.” Patrick absently noted a small detail that happened to slip his mind, and just like that, the pacing began again.

“You’re going. This band isn’t forever, you and I both know that, but Ana is the rest of your life, everything that you’ll ever want and more and you and I both know that too.”

It was hard to admit that Pete was right, Patrick hated when Pete was right and even worse when he had to admit it, but with a heavy, hesitant sigh, he nodded in agreement, slumping down on the bed and burying his face in the palm of his hands while Pete dialed the phone number to make it all happen.

It was ironic how hard the rain fell the next afternoon, when Patrick was finally able to catch a flight back home. Sometimes, it’s odd how perfectly your surroundings convey the way that you feel inside. Raindrops crashed down onto the windows of the car as the cab pulled up in front of their home, his home and Patrick pulled his hat down further over his eyes, to shield his face from the rain as he paid the driver and pulled his bags from trunk of the car. The absence of her car from the driveway was weighing heavily on his heart; he could only hope that meant she was working, or already at the hospital visiting her grandmother.

Up until this moment, Patrick had been trying to believe that the past 24 hours were a bad dream; that Ana had not given up and the moment he surprised her by being home, she would jump in his arms and everything would fall back in to place. But the feeling in the pit of his stomach as he turned his key in the lock of his front door was reminding him of the real events that had progressed. A few, partially packed boxes were sitting at the bottom of the steps and at that moment, he dropped all of his belongings and slumped against the door frame. Without a second thought, he was in his car, backing out of the garage and out of the driveway, heading towards the hospital.

It was eerie how quiet the floor was when he stepped out of the elevator, the rain was still pounding on the windows but the smile a passing nurse had just flashed him relaxed his nerves. A silence hung around Loretta Stumotrolazera’s room, the only buzzing that could be heard were the faint noises from her television, immediately informing Patrick that she was in fact, alone.

When he nudged open the door of her hospital room, he found her seated happily upright, her glasses perched on the tip of her noses as she diligently worked on the crossword puzzle in her lap; her voice breaking the deafening silence.

“What’s a 7-letter name of a rock star that I haven’t seen in ages?”

“Yeah” Patrick smirked as he engulfed his elderly confidant in a loving hug, “… about that.”

“I haven’t died and gone to heaven have I?” Loretta smiled happily.

“I don’t think so, why?”

Loretta Stumtrolazera shrugged her shoulders lazily as she eyed up the boy now seated before her; “I thought the only time I would see your angelic face again would be in heaven.”

“I’m sorry Grams” Patrick frowned, “I’ve missed you.”

“Oh sweetie, I’ve missed you too” Grams smiled warmly, reaching out her hand and placing it on Patrick’s right knee, “Now spill whatever it is that’s dulling the color of your eyes.”

“Oh no” Patrick shook his head, “that’s not why I’m here. You spill; I leave to tour the world and you end up in the hospital, what gives?”

“Eh” Grams shrugged, “you know they can’t keep me here forever, I’ve already started planning my escape.”

Patrick couldn’t do anything but smile warmly, his home life was something he would always miss on the road and it doesn’t get any harder no matter how much time passes. A comfortable silence fell over the room as Grams continued to fiddle with the crossword puzzle in her lap and Patrick’s eyes found their way to the television. As always, her elderly wisdom, or some force of nature pulled out what she needed to know.

“You’re eyes are telling the story that your lips are keeping back” The silence was broken by her voice, and his heavy sigh immediately settled over them both, “Spill.”

With a heart breaking frown on his lips and an incurable sadness in his eyes, Patrick’s attention was forced to return to the woman before him, “Ana left me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story