Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Day by day, week by week

Duty

by Mirime 0 reviews

Every married woman has certain duties. Rin does hers.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Rin,Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-03-03 - Updated: 2008-03-03 - 486 words

0Unrated
Week: 7

Prompt: Sugar and Spice

Warnings: There are some adult situations, probably not enough to warrant M-rating, but better to be safe than sorry.

Rin wanted to be a good wife to Sesshoumaru. After spending a substantial part of her childhood traipsing around the wilderness in a company of three youkais and for some time an undead boy, she was a shock to the ordered court of the Western Lands. However, bright as she was, she took quickly to learning how to be a proper lady. First in a position of Sesshoumaru's ward and, after reaching certain age, as his intended. Her instruction was wide and she sought even by herself to broaden her knowledge. The married women's duties to their husbands were the most interesting topic to her ever since her engagement. Soon she learned she wouldn't be able to fullfill all of them.

Her tendency of overroasting the fish when they had still travelled and the fact she had practically lived on stolen vegetables and fruits left her skills in a kitchen wanting. Her first and subsequently last attempt to cook for Sesshoumaru almost ended in a food poisoning. How was she to know she had sweetened the rice too much and that dumping half of a packet of spice into the soup would make it indigestible even for a taiyoukai of Sesshoumaru's power? She was in tears that night, overhearing Jaken's accusation of "trying to poison Sesshoumaru-sama". Her mood lifted a little when she saw the toad the following day, covered in so many bumps even she couldn't count them all.

As for the other duties, she faired much better. Her gentle soul offered him comfort, her knowing eyes gave him understanding and her sweet body gave him pleasure. When they came together, they were perfect in a way only they could be. When she arched into his touch, she would offer her heart to him. When he traced all of the paths on her body, he would leave parts of his soul imprinted on her skin. When the darkness of her hair spilled over their futon and the shimmer of his hair hid them from the world, when the sweetness of her mouth mixed with the spicy taste of his own and when their mingled breaths echoed as one during the frenzy of their lovemaking, the meaning of completion became clear as never before. Two halves made to fit each other, one soft where the other was hard, one dark in an appearance but not mind while the bright looks of the other belied the darkness within.

Duty. For Rin, the word had never held negative connotations, in fact, it came naturally to her. It was a wife's duty to care for her husband, to please him in any way she could, but above all, her duty meant loving him. And loving Sesshoumaru had become Rin's second nature a long time ago.
Sign up to rate and review this story