Harry and Daphne's 2nd Date part one. Tracey and Hermione worry, Neville tells them off.
(#) mathiasgranger 2008-03-03 03:55:57 PMHmm, interesting to see how lost Hermione is without Harry to worry about. Bit of a wakeup call when she never even realized that Neville was now his best friend...but hey she has ginger dick the wonder boy...
The Daphne and Harry has been a pleasant change of pace, so far and I look forward to seeing where you go from here.
Author's response- Hermione will be reflecting on her choices...
_ She's turning out to be quite an engaging character. My plan was/is to have Harry dating several girls, but it will be very hard leaving Daphne...
- I may have to reconsider.
- That was a great chapter, and I can't wait for more. and wow tracy and neville really brought hermione down to earth. especally when she had to ask someone else about harry, and realizing that neville is now harrys' best friend. but i'm begging for a scene where ginny finds out about harry and daphnes' weekend date and what her reaction is, especally when he gains friends that cant be ordered around by her or her mother. and you even have a probable confrontation between daphne and ginny, and I don't think that a bat bogey hex will help the red head.
Author's response- Given my feelings about Hermione, that was hard to write. What's coming will be harder.
- The Ginny scene is up coming.
- Oh. Good idea. Daphne vs The Broomstick.
- Keep up the good work, the change from the normal characters is refreshing, but the estrangement from his previous friends is a bit puzzling.
Author's response- Estrangement isn't a good term. Harry found out something about the Adult Weasleys and Ginny. Molly in her calm understanding way forbid Ron from seeing Harry. Ginny informs Molly when ever she sees Harry with Ron or Hermione. To protect Ron from his psychotic mother, Harry stays away.
- Interesting how Hermione was so sure that she could have her cake and eat it too. She could side with Ron, publicly ostracize Harry, even likely engage in the probably common Weasley rounds of Potter-bashing, and yet still, when it was convenient and Ron wasn't around to get upset, have Harry accept her back as his closest friend and advisor. Does she think so highly of herself or so little of Harry?
And introducing a female to shoe shopping and buying her NINE pairs is the surest aphrodisiac on the planet.
Author's response- There wasn't a 'split' with Harry, they just stopped hanging out. No abuse, no hostility. Harry understood and supported their decision. Ron wasn't the problem, Ginny was.
- Well yeah, any guy who pays attention knows that.
- Love the date. I also love how Hermione had been given a reality check. Even though Harry was not mad at her for staying at Ron's side, she still made the decision and now she is seeing what it really cost her. She is not a big part of Harry's life anymore. She has been bumped down from best friend to casual aquiantace. Neville standing up to both Tracey and Hermione was great. Harry introducing Daphne to muggle things was well-done. Keep up the great work.
Author's response- Thanks
- -Laughs- I loved it!! The whole muggle date bit was a great introduction to real muggle life as opposed to what the various incompetents teaching Muggle Studies described it as. I rather suspect that shopping trip did wonders to raise Harry's standing with Daphne, as did the fact that he's a perfect gentleman, even when it's a struggle to do so. That he co-owns a club with Neville has to come as a surprise to a lot of folk.
I agree that Hermione has just had a severe reality check as to just what being with Ron is really costing her and I wonder how long she'll stay with him before deciding that, great as the sex is, he's not worth the cost to her. Tracey's getting a bit different education in that she's finding that not all guys are "after just one thing" and that Daphne's capable of taking care of herself.
I loved Neville's take on things and it's amusing to see him being the voice of reason to Hermione instead of the other way around. He's a good solid guy and Harry's lucky to have him covering his back.
Finally, any one care to bet on just how Albus will take their being gone all weekend? Not that, officially, he can do anything about it. I rather suspect that any unofficial actions are going to be forcefully met by similar actions on Harry's part that Albus won't like at all.
Author's response- It's been suggest by others that Harry will be leading the Slytherin women on Shoe Shopping field trips before long...
- Hermione/Ron will be coming to a head soon. Tracey will be getting an education Sunday night.
- Neville is a good guy.
- Dumbles isn't going to be happy for sure. He hates it when Harry isn't under his thumb.
(#) red_jacobson 2008-03-03 07:17:27 PManother fun chapter; and i'm glad to see that Hermione may be waking up to what she had let go.
Looking forward to more of this, and almost all of your other stories (sorry, still not overly enthused about Merlins Reaper)
Author's response- Thanks.
- What about Hogwarts The Musical? Hah? Hah?