Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"It's like a rusted steel trap illegal in 48 states."

by Syn_INC 1 review

"Ummm, Bobby Flay's on." Gin said matter-of-factly. "And?" "Don't do that." I cringed. "We do not change the channel when Bobby Flay's on." Gin reiterated.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-06 - Updated: 2008-03-07 - 1566 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 10
I looked at Gin and attempted to throw her the keys to her car. I then motioned for her to come on.
"Then I guess. Mr. Stump. I'll leave, therefore I won't make you sick anymore." I said tears welling in my eyes.
My only weakness. Unconditional love. But then again, I'm not Jesus.
"Gin. Keys." Patrick stated.
Genovieve was about to say something and Patrick then put up his other hand to silence her. The keys went into one hand and I opened my mouth to speak.
"you know what. I guess I can live with it." Patrick said softly.
Patrick got into the car with me and Gin got into the car with the other 3 guys. I have no idea what was going on in that car but all I knew is that Patrick took the keys and started to drive.
This was when I remembered that we were in Gin's car. How in the hell did Patrick get the keys to 'The car only Genovieve knows how to drive.' It was one of those things that made you go 'hmmm'.
Before I knew it, maybe 20 minutes later and Patrick and I yelling at each other we pulled up behind the Escalade and Patrick turned off the ignition.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"We are at Patrick's place." He said in the third person.
It didn't occur to me that we had exited on Lake Ave (I was threating to jump out the car) and pulled into somewhere gated. Patrick continued to talk to me as Ginny jumped out the Escalade and pushed Pete.
She then jumped and felt up the muscle car that was in the driveway.
"What kind of car is that Patrick and why do you have it?" I asked.
"Its a something- my boy gave it to me. Not the point Cali. We've been talking for so long and now we're here and I just want to-" He stopped as the words fell short.
"What Patrick?" I whispered.
"Why didn't you call me?"
"Excuse me?"
"You- we, everything was so perfect. After Minnesota I waited, and waited and nothing."
"Here's the story morning glory. It has something to do with my cousin and her fucked up sim card in my phone. And by the time I put my sim card back in my phone everything was gone. I didn't have access to a computer- god I missed you."
This was one of the first times I remember me spilling my guts to someone. Calista Rodriguez doesn't do things like this. And when she does she gets hurt. Something in me told me Patrick was different even if I didn't feel it.
I just couldn't stand getting hurt for no reason.
"That's how you feel?" Patrick whispered.
"Like you wouldn't believe." I said through a small laugh.
"What else do you think about?"
"You don't wanna get in here." I said tapping the side of my head, "its like a rusted steel trap illegal in 48 states."
Patrick coughed then laughed. He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and pointed a finger beyoned the windshield.
"Wanna go in the house?" He asked.
"Yea."
Patrick and I got out the car and he opened the door.
The guys and Gin were all sitting on the couch watching MTV. I can't recall the last time Gin and I watched TV. It was either movies or video games, because we are dudes like that sometimes.
"Is that Rockband?" I asked curiously.
"Yea. They promoted- or are, doing- well for The Young Wild Things Tour. So we all have one." Andy stated.
"Really?" I questioned glansing at Ginny, "ok, what's the point of the game?"
"Tell me you're lying!" Pete damn-near squealed turning and kneeling in the couch.
"I don't think she would ask if she knew Kingston." Ginny said changing the channel to The Food Network, "Cali its Bobby Flay!"
"Whoot Bobby Flay! The game Pete."
"Lets play-" he answered smiling
"Sure."
Pete walked over to the Playstation 3 (because any geek knows its all about the Blue-Ray) and was about to switch it over to AV1. Gin grabbed him by the back of his pants and pulled him back on to the couch.
"The hell?" Pete stated.
"Ummm, Bobby Flay's on." Gin said matter-of-factly.
"And?"
"Don't do that." I cringed.
"We do not change the channel when Bobby Flay's on." Gin reiterated in a ice calm voice.
We all watched Bobby for the next 20 minutes until the show was over.
"Mother may I?" Pete smartass asked.
"Yes you may." Gin responded.
The game started to load and I leaned over where Gin was sitting. We gave each other this look and Joe who was sitting next to Gin who was now next to me, looked at the 2 of us and knew we were scheming.
But Joe didn't care. He just smiled and turned his head back to the TV.
"Ok. So. How do we play this?" I asked.
"Like this." Joe said standing up and grabbing the drum sticks.
"Have you every played drums?" Andy asked.
"Nope." Me and Gin said together.
"Ok then because this game is all fucked up, its got the 2 cymbals here and then the tom is here and then you're like where's my bass and its all the way to the right-" Andy cut short and sat down, "that's my only problem with this game."
I rose my eyebrows and Patrick grabbed the mic.
"I'll sing." Patrick stated, "even though this game, hates me."
"Why?" Gin said laughing.
"Because on our song 'Dead on Arrival'. I hit this note everytime and it tells me I fucked it."
"So you all have a problem with this game?" Gin enquired.
"No." Pete added, "just those 3. The ones who do the acctually thing that coincides with said part of the game."
"Savvy." I said shrugging my shoulders even though he made no sense just then.
The game started I was on hammer and Ginny was on drums. I really thought my ADD wouldn't allow me to play this game because Guitar Hero was so off the wall. But Ginny kept bringing it over to my place and eventually I was hooked.
But back to the game.
It was funny how we were purposefully butchering the hell out of some really good songs. It was when Ginny "noticed" Bon Jovi that she was like lets play that.
"How about we see what Medium looks like?" I asked.
"You're fucking up Easy and you wanna go Medium?" Pete demanded, we gave him the 'Yea so?' look and he just leaned back and sighed "ok."
We just fucked up all those songs and were laughing our asses off in the process. In the end our instruments were conficated and Andy couldn't stop laughing.
"You guys are horrible." Andy laughed.
"Eh."
The guys played for another hour and they were on Expert level. The one song they were stuck on, which took them hours to beat all the time was "Run to the Hills". This was where we came in.
"What?" Pete asked.
"I wanna see." Ginny said rolling her eyes.
"No, no, no. This is Expert." Patrick chimed in from far away.
"And what? We can't try?" I demanded.
"I guess." They all said together
"Joe sing."
"Yes ma'am."
"I want drums." I said slipping the sticks out of Pete's hands.
"Yea! Gotta play my fallic symbol."
"You need to get laid my friend." Joe said sitting there rolling a blunt.
"Says the tattooed Jew. Got it." Gin said rolling her eyes.
"This is pathetic." Pete sighed turning to Andy.
"You said it." Patrick added as he stopped singing.
"Patrick! We're losing!" I yelled.
"You guys suck!"
Gin hit start, then she scrolled down to restart and it was on.
"Patrick sing." Gin said, in more of a demand.
5 minutes and 23 seconds later the song was over and Ginny and I had perfect scores. Gin tossed her hammer at Andy and I placed my drumsticks in Patrick's pockets.
"Hit us up again if you ever want to get schooled by girls in RockBand." I said with a smirk.
"Which way to the kitchen?" Ginny asked.
All their hands pointed around a corner and we laughed as we walked in there.
"What are we doing here?" Ginny asked.
"I don't know. We're at Patrick's!" I said through my teeth.
"No kidding."
I stood there in front of Ginny and she was spinning her SK3. I looked at the phone in my hand and noticed the time.
"Dude. Its 415p." I said softly.
"Yea? NO! Yea? Yea. Where'd our day go?"
"You guys were with us all day." Pete stated.
Ginny looked at me and I saw the wheels turning.
"Well we woke up about 945a, left got to the pancake house about 1015a, Pete was rude to me-"
"Bite me." Pete stated pulling out a blue carton of Silk Soy Vanilla Milk and passing it to Andy.
"Dutily noted. Where was I? Yes. Pete was rude to me, you told people in line I was crazy, we walked in about 1040a, we were seated. The guys walked over, this had to be about 11a, we ordered the food got there about 1130a. We ate talked argued...it was like 140p when we walked in here..."
I nodeed only half listening to her talk.
Sign up to rate and review this story