Categories > Cartoons > Danny Phantom > Danny Phantom: Fanning The Flames Remix

Phantom

by Kairi-kun 0 reviews

6 Months ago, Danny's life was altered, for better and worse.

Category: Danny Phantom - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2008-03-07 - Updated: 2008-03-08 - 21384 words

0Unrated
Danny Phantom: Fanning the Flames Remix
Verse 4: Phantom

(Fade in to the roof of Amity High with Prof. York, binoculars in hand.)

York: I’ve lived for 2 millennia now, longer than any mortal man should. The details behind my prolonged existence are a bit long winded, so let’s save that tale for another day. However, I think I’d like to tell you the tale of one of my most unique students, Danny Fenton, or as this world knows him as, Danny Phantom. And this tale starts on a rather odd November day…

(The door to the roof opens and Tucker joins the professor, with headsets and a soda in hand.)

Tucker: Made it! So, how are they doing?
York: Better than I anticipated. (York grabs a headset.) Of course, no one expects 3 different attacks in the same day.
Tucker: Or that Freakshow would be able to coordinate them so well.
York: Danny just took care of one ghost in the downtown financial area. Called himself Avarice.
Tucker: Wow, these ghosts are getting creative with the names.
York: And Dani just took care of Skulker at the museum. I also learned something very important: Don’t call her a sidekick.
Tucker: Ah, I take it Skulker is still removing pieces of himself from the wall.
York: Yes. In any case, they’ll be back soon. Meantime, I think we need to check up on our dynamic duo. (York takes the time to press the side of his headset.) So, how are things over at your end?

(Cut to the Amity Expo Center. Ember & Sam are currently in battle with Freakshow & Lydia.)

Ember: Oh smooth, all things considered. Real easy.
Sam: Your definition of ‘easy’ seems to be different from my own. And given Freakshow now has the Armlet of Prometheus…
Freakshow: I’d love to hear your witty banter with your colleague here, but I’ve got a lot of evil deeds to perform. Lydia, be a good little ghost & dispose of them!
Sam: Pale & baldy’s mine. Care to dance with Lydia?
Ember: Sure, let me take a shot at the walking canvas.

(Sam raises her hands. Several Will O’ The Wisps gather all around her in a circle. Raising her right hand, she directs several of them towards Freakshow, who leaps backwards in time to avoid the explosive spirits.)

Freakshow: You know what they say, fight fire with fire! (Activating the Armlet, Freakshow creates a wall of flames around himself to counteract Sam’s assault.) Now this I like!
Sam: Swell a closet pyromaniac.

(Freakshow waves his arm out and the wall of flames spreads forwards to Sam. Sam ducks behind a stone statue to avoid the attack.)

Sam: Alright. Fire spirits are a big no-no. So let’s try this. (Concentrating, Sam summons two ice sprites besides her.) Ok, plan B!

(Sam steps out from behind the statue & points towards Freakshow. The ice spirits each unleash concentrated ice mist blasts at him, but Freakshow senses the danger & quickly raises a fired shield to ward off the attacks.)

Freakshow: Really girl, I’d think a fledgling shaman like yourself could have come up with a better attack this time. A pair of ice sprites was the best you could conjure?
Sam: Funny thing about the ice sprites. They’re the distraction.
Freakshow: The what?

(Suddenly, vines wrap around Freakshow’s body & bind his arms together. He turns to see that they have come from various plants located in the botany exhibit across from their location.)

Sam: I kind of learned some time ago that I seem to have this rare little gift of retaining certain powers from ghosts I come into contact with. And funny enough, I got this power in addition to the whole talent to summon spirits at any time. Pays to be one with the Earth, you can say.
Freakshow: Enlightening. But I still have the Armlet, girlie. And unless these ferns of yours are of the fire resistant variety, you’ve got a huge problem on your hands.
Sam: You would be right, if I didn’t take the time to bind your arms. Long as you can’t move them, you can’t control any fire.
Freakshow: Good analysis, but one problem: It’s not just my limbs that can control flames. The Armlet can allow me to produce flames from anywhere on my body. I think a demonstration is in order.

(Ember materializes besides Freakshow & takes possession of the Armlet from his wrist. Lydia is dumped right alongside him, dazed.)

Ember: Sometimes, it helps to keep info like that to yourself. It makes defeats like this less common.
Sam: Honestly, I never thought I’d spend my lunch hour doing things like this. I guess the police can give you a nice cozy room to spend the night.
Ember: I don’t suppose you have a spare thermos for Lyds here do you? The girl’s not the type to adapt to handcuffs.
Sam: Oh, right. I got this. (Sam fishes out a small, rectangular piece of paper with some writing on the front. Then, kneeling down, she places it on Lydia’s forehead & does a small prayer. Within seconds a blue light envelopes Lydia.)
Lydia: …thank you… (Lydia fades away.)
Ember: She talked. I kind of figured her for the strong silent type.
Sam: I still can’t believe that actually worked. I was just winging it.
Ember: The sutra you used? Yeah, it works provided you’ve got enough spiritual harmony to activate it.
Freakshow: What did you do to my ghost?!
Sam: I helped her pass on o the next life.
Ember: She kind of figured that if we took care of Lydia, you’d be less likely to pop up every few months. Meanwhile Tattoo Girl gets some well deserved peace. Sucks to be you now.
Sam: Looks like busting out of prison will require you to do it the hard way. Say hi to those Guys in White while you’re in there. (Sam & Ember leave the arena.)
Freakshow: Well this can’t get any worse. (A puppy walks by & sniffs around one of the vines wrapped around his legs, then lifts one of it’s hind legs.) In hindsight maybe I should just shut up.

(Back at the roof, Tucker & York wait for the others to arrive.)

Tucker: Wow, 15 minutes. That’s a new record!
York: You’ve been keeping track?
Tucker: Gives them a sense of self importance, you know. Danny better hurry though, Lancer’s test starts in 15 minutes!
York: Ah, here they come now.

(Danny & Dani, flying at top speed, race towards the roof of the school. At the last second, Dani gains a burst of speed and lands on the roof first, pumping her fist in the air as she lands.)

Dani: YES!! Beat you!
Danny: Damn it!
Dani: You owe me a weeks worth of tacos for this one!
York: Man, I tried to warn him.
Tucker: Evidently we failed to warn you about Danny’s competitive side.
York: Yes you did.
Danny: Here, take good care of this! (Danny tosses the thermos over to Tucker.) Today’s ghost went by the name of Avarice & tried to rip off the gold depository. Believe me I have enough money problems as it is. Now all I need to worry about is Lancer’s test.
Tucker: No pressure dude. It’s not like the school trip to go to Japan is on the line if you get the lowest score.
Dani: We can save that speech for Dash.
York: Oh don’t worry. With my tutoring capabilities, he’ll manage at least a C+. Of course, slipping subliminal messages into his iPod can be considered a bit unethical.
Danny: Says the guy who lies about his age.
York: Touché. Ok, change & get to class.

(At this point in time, as the two begin to revert to their teenage human forms, Star opens the door leading to the roof.)

Star: Hey Tucker, Valerie’s having a party this weekend to celebrate—OH MY GOD!!!
Danny: STAR!
Tucker: YIKES!!!!
Dani: …yikes?
York: …shimatta…
Star: What the…Danny, YOU’RE DANNY PHANTOM?!
Danny: Well, when you put it like that, yes.

(Star looks dumbstruck and stays that was as Valerie rushes in behind her.)

Valerie: Guys, heads up! Star is headed this way right—oh. Never mind. Just how much did she see?
Star: The part where two energy rings surround them & they change into their human alter egos.
Valerie: So, everything.
Tucker: Yeah.
York: Might this be an inappropriate time to suggest a memory wipe? It’s perfectly harmless and everyone leaves happy.
Tucker: No, no that’s ok. I think she deserves to know the truth.
Valerie: And we need all the allies we can get. She can keep a secret, trust me.
Tucker: Although I’m not sure how we’ll be able to explain all this. Two years of supernatural adventures can’t be summed up so easily in one day.
Danny: Don’t worry Tuck; I’m sure you’re up to it. Star, nice to see you, I’ll fill you in on some of the finer points later. Valerie, we have a test right now.
Valerie: Shoot, you’re right! Hang in there girlfriend, this will take some getting used to. (Danny & Valerie leave the roof.)
Star: Ok Star, relax. Take a deep breath…Tucker, Danny’s been the ‘Ghost Kid’ for a while, right?
Tucker: Yeah.
Star: But what about Danielle? She a cousin or something?
Dani: I’m sort of Danny’s ‘sister’ actually. A clone to be precise but Mr. Overprotective here says biologically, I’m more of a sister than cousin.
York: You’re still mad because I gave that boy the evil eye, huh?
Star: Clone?
York: Vlad Masters, Valerie’s former secret benefactor. That’s his department.
Star: She was right. This will take some adjusting.
Tucker: Babe, we have 45 minutes. We’ll break it down gently.

(45 minutes later.)

York: So that’s it basically. Any questions you have?
Star: Danny & Danielle are half ghosts, Sam Manson is a shaman in training, ember McLain is working with you, you’re a 2100 year old mage, Vlad’s a former villain, the world will face a global threat in a few months & you’re all in training…but Danny STILL hasn’t gone on a proper date with Sam?
Tucker: I know. Weird, huh? I think those two are just afraid of commitment.
Dani: I think Sam’s gotta grab him, pull him into the nearest classroom & snog his brains out.
Star: God, I wish. Ever see how she looks into his eyes, I swear that’s just what she’s thinking.
Tucker: Yeah, and if you suggest anything like that to them, they freak out. And what’s with Ember?
Dani: Oh, not you too.
Tucker: It’s a valid concern.
York: So much for the adjustment period.
Star: Professor, I live in Amity, a town where ghosts and other supernatural insanity is routine. This kind of thing is normal for me.
York: I noticed.
Star: And I think it’s sweet of me to vouch for me like that. (Kisses Tucker on the cheek.)
Tucker: It’s been kind of getting harder to explain our sudden disappearances. Coming up with 4 different alibis is tough work. (Sam enters the roof area.)
Sam: There you guys are. What are you doing up here?
Dani: Long story short: Star’s in.
Sam: Star knows? Tuck, you told her?
Tucker: It was an accident!
Sam: I thank you. So, how much did they tell you?
Star: Everything up to the fight they had with Vlad. So, where’s Ember? (Ember appears from Sam’s amulet.)
Ember: Wondering when you’d catch on. Welcome to the party. Get one more person to join & we have ourselves a pretty nice baseball team.
Star: I’d pick your brain about certain details, but we’ve got to get downstairs fast. Our tests are starting soon.
Sam: Oh, right! Almost forgot about that! (Sam tosses York the Armlet.) Wish us luck! (Star, Sam & Tucker race downstairs.)
York: My imagination or do they seem a bit over energetic?
Ember: Hey, a trip to Japan is on the line here. You give people enough incentive, they can do anything. But there’s another reason.
York: Sounds exciting.
Ember: No, it’s the complete opposite of that. It’s gonna be the 6th month anniversary tomorrow so things around here are gonna seem a bit uncomfortable.
Dani: I don’t like where this is going. Something bad must have happened to get you to say that.
Ember: Uh huh, none of us really like talking about it in the Ghost Zone either. Just make sure you keep an eye on those two. While you’re at it keep an eye on Dash as well. (Ember disappears.)
Dani: Any clues?
York: I’m in the same boat as you. (York’s cell phone rings.) Uh oh, business.

(Later on, Dani is walking the halls to her class when she sees Kwan at his locker.)

Kwan: Oh hey, you’re the professor’s daughter, right?
Dani: Huh? Oh yeah, I’m Danielle. Just Dani will do.
Kwan: Lancer’s looking for him right now. I think it has something to do with the test results.
Dani: I kind of figured that. Lancer’s been dropping hints about wanting us to score as high as we can.
Kwan: I think making us read ‘The Tale of The Genji’ in period robes was pushing it. Anyway, if you see him, let him know.
Dani: Kwan, wait up, I have a question. What happened here 6 months ago?
Kwan: 6 months ago? Strange, I thought you knew by now.
Dani: I’ve been busy, don’t really get too many chances to mingle.
Kwan: In that case, I’ll fill you in. Danny got into a real bad fall in the BMX track at the mountains a few miles from here. He got hit on the side of the head by a rock and fell off his bike over the side of the rail.
Dani: Whoa. He survived that?
Kwan: Yeah, but he broke his arm and got hurt real bad. Worst part is I saw who threw the rock.
Dani: Dash I presume.
Kwan: Yeah. I should have stopped him sooner when I had the chance. After that, well, things kind of changed.
Dani: It certainly seems that way. I mean I heard Danny got hassled a lot, or just had people snickering behind his back. All I ever noticed when I watch him is people either saying hi, waving or giving funny looks. And Dash, he just seems to have people stare funny at him too.
Kwan: Throwing a rock & nearly making someone lose their life isn’t exactly what some people would find funny. After that, Danny had changed a bit. He became quiet for a few days, and when he came back to school. He blew up at Dash and a lot of kids. It was just surreal seeing it happen. I mean he even tore into Paulina & he was ga-ga over her. I never thought he had that kind of anger in him.
Dani: No, it doesn’t sound like Danny at all.
Kwan: You never know. I mean, I visited him at the hospital and it looked like some bad stuff was getting to him. He looked like something really heavy was on his mind and it hurt just to think about it. I hoped my apology helped a little bit, but then again…
Dani: I think when you get picked on and laughed at for as long as he did, some kind of bad mojo builds up. I’m surprised, Sam & Tucker never brought it up.
Kwan: Tucker wasn’t here when it happened. Sam though, I think it affected her the most since she was the one who got to him first. Well, that and the fact that she totally loves him.
Dani: Oh, seriously.
Kwan: You think those two will ever go on a proper date?
Dani: Vegas odds are 500:1

(Later on, at the teacher’s lounge.)

Testlaff: What’s eating you? You look like you just received a cup full of sewage.
York: I’ve been called away for a bit of an emergency in one of the company’s labs. Looks like it’s facing a critical shutdown.
Testlaff: Just how critical?
York: Oh, just a bit of a spatial warping problem that could transform part of Baltimore into a medieval quagmire.
Testlaff: Oh, that’s pretty bad. Good luck with that.
York: Since won’t be here for the rest of the day, give this to Dash. (York hands over the results of the test Dash took.)
Testlaff: Oh my God, he passed?
York: Yes, barely scraped a 75%. That’s good.
Testlaff: I guess the training regiment you have can wield results. Still think you’re a little too hard on him.
York: You make your gym class students run 2 miles everyday.
Testlaff: Hey, it builds character. Endurance is a plus too.
York: Oh yes, there is something I’ve been meaning to ask. Apparently, there was an incident with Danny & Dash a while back.
Testlaff: Oh yeah, the 6th month anniversary is tomorrow. Was that ever uncomfortable.
York: Just what happened?
Testlaff: It’s kind of hard to explain every detail. The boys, well they never did get along. Dash has always been the most popular, the most gifted athlete we had and Danny…
York: Average.
Testlaff: In a nutshell. And given how much his athletic achievements have contributed, we may be guilty of looking the other way from time to time. The incident though, it almost cost us our jobs.
York: I take it this was extremely serious.
Testlaff: Here’s the file, you be the judge.

(15 minutes later.)

York: This is more serious than I thought.
Testlaff: Yeah, I guess you understand the Baxter-Fenton situation a bit more.
York: Not only does it clarify the policy changes, it helps to make me understand why they let me come here.
Testlaff: If you want more answers, you can talk to the parents.
York: That may not be a good idea. It’s too soon to bring this sort of thing up, especially with Jack.

(At the homeroom, Danny is slumped in his chair as Sam jostles him awake.)

Sam: Yo. Rise & shine! The nightmare’s over.
Danny: Oh thank God! I never thought I’d be so sick of Richard the Lion Hearted.
Sam: Lucky you. My deep dislike of German Fascism increased a mere 200% this week.
Danny: The feeling is shared. Where are the others?
Sam: Scattered all over the place. The two lovebirds went off to the Nasty Burger. Care to join them?
Danny: Tempted, but I’ve got things to do. Maybe tomorrow instead.
Sam: Yeah, sure…Danny, something’s bugging you. I know.
Danny: I guess you can say that. It’s been 6 months since you know what. I thought I was fine during my last training drill but, well, it almost happened again.
Sam: You don’t mean…
Danny: It was my right hand. I felt the energy building up again & I was barely able to stop myself. What surprised me was that the professor didn’t even notice it. Then again, he was too busy casting a fire spell to see.
Sam: I don’t think we can hide this forever from him. Kwan just asked if Dani was asking about what happened a few months ago.
Danny: Don’t worry about it. I’ll talk to the professor about this soon. But for right now, I just need to be on my own. I’ll fill you in later. (Danny pats Sam on the shoulder and smiles.
Sam: Yeah, you do that. I’ve got some training of my own to do. (Danny nods, rises from his seat and leaves the room.) Ah, men. So, how much did you hear? (Valerie steps out from behind the skeleton.)
Valerie: How could you not notice me cleaning this damn thing?
Sam: Danny never notices much when he wakes up. You could practically juggle mummified cats next to him.
Valerie: I’ll take your word for it. In any case, don’t take what he said too personally.
Sam: Huh? What do you mean?
Valerie: Danny thinks he’s protecting you by not letting you get too close to him. He probably figures whatever is hurting him could hurt you too.
Sam: You seem pretty sure about that.
Valerie: Well, I had gone through the same thing myself.
Sam: Oh right, I remember.
Valerie: Danny will find a way to open up, I’m sure of it. It’s not like he’s killed anyone & the guilt of that one act messed with his mind & made him question himself.
Sam: …well…
Valerie: Sam, I was joking.
Sam: Sadly, I wish I wasn’t.

(On the streets of Amity, Star & Tucker walk to the Nasty Burger.)

Tucker: My mind…drained…
Star: There there. (Star pats Tucker on the back.) Just a few more blocks & a burger meal will make you forget all about trigonometry.

(In a flash, Prof. York appears before the two.)

York: Ah, there you are!
Tucker: GAH!!
Star: A little warning next time!
Tucker: You couldn’t just run like every other teacher?
York: I could, but teleportation spells are more practical.
Star: This aspect will take some adjusting.
York: Anyway, Tucker, I’m leaving Amity for a bit. Seems like one of my labs has an emergency & I need to get there. This means someone has to look after the mansion & the lab there.
Tucker: So you’re asking me?
York: Pretty much. Also, keep an eye on Dani, I think she’ll eat the snack bar into oblivion if I don’t keep her appetite in check. Also, I need to ask you 3 some questions before I leave.
Tucker: Sure…wait, 3?
Star: There’s only two of us.
York: Oh, I forgot. Tucker, take out your PDA.
Tucker: Sure, but why?

(As Tucker withdraws his PDA from his pockets, a red light on it blinks. A miniature portal opens & Sydney Poindexter materializes.)

York: Hello!
Sydney: Professor, good to see you!
Star: Since when can your PDA summon ghosts?
Tucker: It can’t! Wait, when we first met, you asked to see my PDA!
York: I knew there was something I forgot to mention. Then again it was a rather busy day.
Sydney: Perhaps we need to have this conversation somewhere else.

(At the Nasty Burger, the 4 are seated in a corner booth.)

Star: This is new.
Tucker: Yeah, no one’s freaking out about the fact that a teacher, two students & a ghost are sitting down & having a meeting.
Sydney: That would be because of your PDA. It’s been fitted with a unique ecto-concealment chip that masks the presence of anyone or anything with ecto-energy within its field. It also has the ability to summon a ghost as long as it’s registered in the PDA’s ghost roster.
York: I asked Sydney to be your familiar, of sorts.
Tucker: I’m a techno geek, we’re not especially known for mystical abilities.
Star: Clearly, you have never heard of Shadowrun.
Tucker: How do you…
Star: Cousin Ralph is an RPG fanatic.
Tucker: Never mind.
Sydney: The technology you have in your PDA is of my own design. Unlike Technus, I try to put my tech skills to more practical use.
Star: Ok, explain why you need to see all of us, professor.
York: I need to know precisely what happened 6 months ago. The school files only glanced over the basics, but I think something more happened.
Star: Oh…that.
Tucker: I wasn’t here when it all went down.
Sydney: I was part of it actually. I’m surprised Danny or Ember never told you guys about it.
York: I would have asked her, but she’s not available at the moment.
Star: From what I know, Dash did something really stupid & Danny got really hurt because of it.
Sydney: The truth, though, is that Danny did not get his injuries from the fall. He got them from a very big battle. And it was bad.
Tucker: Just how bad was this one?
Sydney: Bad. Real bad. The one Danny fought, he actually destroyed a ghost and when it was all over…Danny killed him.
York: Danny…killed someone?
Sydney: More or less.
Tucker: Oh man.
Star: I never would have thought…this must have been serious.
Sydney: Tucker, do you remember Dark Danny?
Tucker: Sort of. My memory’s kind of hazy about that day.
Sydney: Yes, Clockwork did say that temporal energies might cause some memory lapses.
York: Dark Danny? Did I miss something?
Tucker: We need to start at the beginning. Star, can you fill us in on what you saw?
Tucker: Then I can tell my side of the story.
Star: Sure, no problem.
York: It was then that I learned the truth…the truth of what happened on that mountain…and the truth about the day that Danny Phantom had to kill his worst enemy…


6 Months Ago…

(The scene is at a campsite on the mountains near Amity Park. Danny’s class is gathered for the annual junior school trip. On a makeshift podium stands Mr. Lancer & Mrs. Testlaff, microphones in hand.)

Lancer: Well, once again all of you have managed to survive yet another year of study in our esteemed Casper High. But this year is different. You are all one step closer to graduation & one step to either your dream careers or a 9 to 5 soul crushing grind at the local greasy spoon. Judging by some of your grades, that future may sadly be inevitable. (Lancer is pushed aside by Testlaff)
Testlaff: I believe what our vice principal was trying to say is that it’s time to celebrate all of your hard work and what better way to do that than with a little sports.
Lancer: Of course, the barbeque lunch & DJ we hired doesn’t hurt.
Testlaff: Now listen up; We have a BMX course set up, along with a baseball field & obstacle course. Every one of you will be expected to participate in at least ONE of these events, no exceptions.
Kid in Wheelchair: Ahem!
Testlaff: Unless otherwise noted. Dismissed!

(Somewhere off to the side, Danny & Sam are having their own conversation.)

Danny: You know, it’s kind of hard to sort out her serious side from her playful side.
Sam: That’s assuming she HAS a fun side. The woman’s on permanent drill instructor mode. Rice cake? It’s BBQ flavored.
Danny: Thank you, no. I prefer the foods I eat to be unlike cardboard. I see you have a whole sack of them.
Sam: You didn’t really expect me to seriously eat any of what Lancer has to offer here, do you?
Danny: Yeah, I ought to know you better than that. Tuck’s probably gonna regret not being here.
Sam: Hey, he opted to go to a massive 5 day comic swap meet, let him have his fun among the elite of geekdom.
Danny: As opposed to being someone who elbowed her way to the last tickets for Goth Gala last year?
Sam: It was self defense.
Danny: The girl needed 20 stitches.
Sam: Ok I admit it, I have a bit of a competitive streak. (Dash & his crew approach the pair.)
Dash: Heh heh, looks like the lovebirds are having another spat!
Danny: Hardy har har, Dash. Your humor never fails to impress me.
Dash: Whatever Fen-toad, I still don’t see what a weirdo like her sees in a loser like you. Oh wait, I know, maybe it’s because you’re BOTH losers.
Sam: Uh huh, see while I believe in non violence, I am pretty liberal in my beliefs on self defense! (Sam raises her fist, but Danny restrains her.)
Danny: Easy there tiger, no need for euthanasia.
Dash: Isn’t that sweet, getting your girl to do your fighting for you.
Danny: For the record, I think history will show that I’ve had more luck than you in the dating department. While I’ve had a couple of girlfriends, you’ve consistently held the record for being dumped the most.. Star, Paulina, Valerie, and Star again…there’s probably more girls I can think of, but I don’t have a yearbook handy right now. So, if you’ll excuse us, we ‘losers’ will go & do something fun.
Sam: And that is what we call a ‘burn’. (Danny & Sam walk off.)
Dash: Feh, whatever. I’m still top dog!
Kwan: Yeah, but he’s right. You do get dumped. A lot.
Paulina: Totally.
Star: No argument there.
Paulina: Hate to admit it, but the geek burned you real good.
Dash: Oh, come on, you can’t possibly be siding with Fen-turd.
Paulina: I don’t want to repeat some of the rejections I’ve heard come your way this week. It’s really undignified for a lady of my stature.
Star: If we have to grade you on your performance with the ladies, it’s in the negatives.
Dash: Whoa, bummer. Strange, I always thought I did well.
Paulina: Maybe if you took the time out to ask us what we want your chances would improve. This is getting depressing and that’s definitely not good for my skin.
Star: Come on, let’s go to the baseball field & check out some butts!
Paulina: I’m in! (Star & Paulina head off.)
Dash: Serious let down, Kwan my man.
Kwan: Just what do you do with girls anyway?
Dash: Oh the usual; talk about ports, my biggest scores, greatest tackles, what I can bench-press. (Kwan sweat drops.)
Kwan: I, uh, see what Paulina meant.
Dash: Damn it, it’s all Fenton’s fault! If he didn’t grow a spine, it wouldn’t get to me like this!
Kwan: Let it go, the guy’s pretty harmless. And if you try anything here…
Dash: Ah, don’t worry. My payback is more subtle.

(At the BMX course, Danny is preparing his bike as Sam & Lancer look on.)

Lancer: Fenton, I never thought you’d be one to take up this sort of sport.
Danny: Well, my dad has me testing the Fenton ATV’s every now & then, so I’m pretty familiar with these kind of vehicles. Of course, a BMX bike doesn’t have any ecto-blasters & nitro boosts.
Sam: I’m a bit worried. The course looks a little more treacherous than the usual BMX courses I’ve seen.
Lancer: Yes, the designer of this course, he went a wee bit overboard on the ‘extreme’ motif. I can vouch for his safety record though. Just be mindful of the side of the track.
Danny: Right, right. Anything else? (Lancer tosses Danny a helmet.)
Sam: Try not to break a limb.
Danny: Gee, thanks mom. (Danny jumps onto his BMX bike & motors off.)

(Nearby, Kwan is walking around the campsite, where he bumps into Valerie eating a bag of chips.)

Kwan: Hey Val, what’s up?
Valerie: Oh, usual thing, kicking back and watching the world go by. (Yawns)
Kwan: I see you didn’t get much sleep.
Valerie: Yes, sadly my work keeps me up all sorts of ungodly hours. Where’s the BMOC?
Kwan: If you mean Dash, he disappeared. I think he said something about ‘getting his throwing arm in shape.’
Valerie: Then in that case, you might want to try the BMX track. I saw him headed there some time ago.
Kwan: That’s not what I wanted to hear.

(Back at the BMX track, Sam looks on as Danny races through the course. Paulina, alone for once, walks in.)

Paulina: Wow, he’s pretty skilled at that thing. Well, for a dork, at least.
Sam: Yes, DANNY does seem to know his way around a bike.
Paulina: Oh, defensive much?
Sam: Hardly. Just some of us appreciate keeping certain comments to ourselves. Unless, of course, I should start calling you by your given nickname of ‘shallow’.
Paulina: Ok, ok, put the claws away. I can’t help it if I feel the need to identify his geekiness. He just has a habit of dropping his pants.
Sam: I know. It’s not like he actually enjoys that.
Paulina: I’m still surprised you two still won’t go out together.
Sam: Really?
Paulina: Yes, surprising as it is I am pretty sharp in the subject of love. Any moment he’s spent not ogling me is spent hanging out with you. It’s so blatantly obvious.
Sam: Riight.
Paulina: Meh, deny it all you want, you two are meant to be together.

(As Danny seeds down towards a particularly precarious ramp, Dash sneaks through the brush nearby.)

Dash: Ok Baxter, time to put your quarterback skills to good use. (Dash picks up a large rock.) Let’s see if the Ladies Man will look good face down in the dirt.

(As Sam & Paulina watch Danny, Kwan approaches their location)

Kwan: Paulina, Sam, have you two seen Dash?
Paulina: No.
Sam: You two are practically joined at the hip. How’d you lose him?
Kwan: Long story. A brunette was involved.
Paulina: Say no more!
Sam: Wait, there he is!

(Kwan looks at where Sam is pointing. Dash pops out from the brush, arm cocked and a large rock at hand.)

Dash: HEADS UP!!! (Kwan realizes too late where Danny is located.)
Kwan: NO!!!

(It all happens quickly. Dash tosses the rock hard at Danny, striking him on the side of his head. Disoriented, Danny & his bike veer off course violently, crashing through the railing over the side.

Sam: DANNY!!!
Dash: Score! Uh oh!

(Before Sash can react, Sam is on him. She forcibly grabs him by his collar & punches him in the face. She practically strangles him before Kwan & Paulina restrain her.)

Kwan: Calm down Sam!
Sam: You ignorant, self centered, pig headed son of a bitch!!
Paulina: Don’t Sam!
Dash: Hey, ease off!
Sam: Do you have ANY DAMN IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?! (Lancer & Testlaff rush in.)
Testlaff: Break it up you two! Kwan, what’s the problem?
Dash: Funny story that…
Kwan: (grim faced) Dash chucked a rock at Fenton’s head & Fenton fell over the side of the track.
Lancer: Salem’s Lot! This is bad!
Testlaff: We need to find Fenton, ASAP!
Lancer: Right! (Lancer turns to Kwan & Paulina) You two, get the other students organized right now & form a search party! Sam, notify Danny’s parents. I’ll phone for a medical crew immediately. Dash, you will…where did Baxter go?
Testlaff: He must have run off when you were talking to the kids.
Sam: That weasel! I’m gonna…
Testlaff: Cool it Manson. We’ll deal with Dash. Best thing we can do right now is to get to Danny & make sure he’s ok.
Kwan: I hope so. That area down there looks pretty rough.
Lancer: Less taking, more action. Roll out!

(Later on, Sam makes her way, alone, through the woods & finds the wreckage of Danny’s bike. Danny sits on a tree stump nearby, rubbing a bruise on his head. Part of his shirt is torn.)

Sam: Danny!!! (Sam rushes over & hugs him tightly)
Danny: I’m ok, really. I had enough time to go ghost & get off the bike before I hit.
Sam: That’s not the point stupid. I’m just…glad you’re ok. (Sam breaks off the hug & sits down besides Danny.) I think you’d like to know how this happened.
Danny: I kind of know already. Dash’s handiwork, I’m sure of it. He won’t slime his way out of this one.
Sam: I may have scared him off. Funny what a punch to the face will do to a guy.
Danny: You really are very liberal about your non-violence policy.
Sam: It really gave me a scare, you know. I mean, I actually thought that you…
Danny: But I’m not. Don’t worry Sam.
Sam: I can’t help but worry Danny. You’re a walking target now, ever since the asteroid. And as if being Danny Phantom wasn’t stressful enough, Danny Fenton is constantly targeted by every bully wanting to take out his aggression on anyone.
Danny: Yeah, I know Sam. I was thinking…look this will sound really weird coming from me but…

(Before Danny’s thoughts can be vocalized, a ghost portal opens before them & Sydney Poindexter pops out.)

Sydney: Oh my, the Infini Map really does work! Danny, I’ve been looking everywhere for you!
Danny: Poindexter! Look, I don’t want to fight you, hell you haven’t even been known for picking fights!
Sydney: I’m not here for any acts of aggression! We need your help, right now!
Sam: Sam: Wait, you need Danny? Why?
Sydney: I’ll explain on the way! We need to get to the Phantom Sanctuary now. Clockwork & Pandora specifically requested your presence!
Danny: Crud, then it has to be serious! (Danny transforms into Danny Phantom, grabs Sam’s hand & follows Poindexter through the portal.)

(Sometime later, the three arrive in front of the Phantom Sanctuary, a large building that resembles an ancient Greek state building. As Danny looks away from the sanctuary towards the rest of the Ghost Zone, he sees that several sections of it are in ruin.)

Danny: What in the…
Sydney: We were hit. Hard. He came out of nowhere & just started laying waste into everything. My area of the zone, we barely made it out before he destroyed it all…(Desiree & Spectra rush by, carrying a badly beaten up Klemper.)
Desiree: We got another one!
Spectra: Geez, what did I tell you about eating your weight in snicker doodles?
Desiree: If I recall, you are the reason why he eats his weight in snicker doodles.
Spectra: Oh, silly me. Danny, be a dear & open the door to the infirmary.
Danny: Klemper! Holy smokes, you look like you went 9 rounds with the Hulk & lost.
Desiree: Believe me, he’d be better off if he fought the Hulk.

(Danny opens the door as Klemper is carried in. A veritable laundry list of ghosts are all staying inside being treated for various wounds.)

Sam: Oh my…I didn’t think ghosts could be hurt like this.
Sydney: Ghost physiology & biology is vastly different from human biology.
Desiree: What the encyclopedia here means is that it takes an extraordinary amount of energy to wound us.
Spectra: The guy that did this, he has way more than any of us though. He may even be stronger than Pariah Dark.
Danny: I didn’t need to hear that.
Desiree: Alright, here’s a spot. (Klemper is laid next to a bandaged up Bertram, currently switching between his humanoid & ghost form.)
Bertram: This bites.
Spectra: It could be worse. You could be sent out there to fight him again.
Bertram: In that case, it isn’t so bad.
Danny: If someone can fill me in on the gory details here, I’d appreciate it.
Sam: Yeah, usually we’re not exactly called into the Ghost Zone.
Spectra: A few days ago, a prisoner that Clockwork had broke free from his prison. Ever since then, he’s been running amok. We tried solving the problem on our own, but that’s been about as successful as a snowman in hell.
Desiree: We threw everything we had at the guy, but we’ve come up short.
Sam: That explains why Danny’s here.
Danny: I’ll wager a uses & say that not even the big ghosts could do anything.
Spectra: Overgrowth, Vortex, even that huge ugly pug we keep locked up, they got hit real hard. (Sydney rejoins the group with a small view screen in hand.)
Sydney: Oh dear, looks like he’s heading towards the outer areas again. (Danny is given the view screen.)
Danny: Oh no…him. (Sam looks at the view screen & her eyes go wide.)
Sam: Wait, what is he doing here? I thought that…
Danny: I thought so too…he shouldn’t exist.
Bertram: A little clue here, some of us aren’t up to date.
Danny: This, sadly, is Dark Danny.
Sydney: Ah yes, the evil doppelganger from an alternate timeline scenario. That’s still new to me.
Spectra: Evil? You? Oh please, you’re as straight laced as a sneaker. I do admit, the resemblance is uncanny.
Desiree: And if he is an evil version of you, what is he doing here?
Sydney: I believe Clockwork holds the answer to that. But for now, Danny come with me. The others are waiting.

(Sydney leads Danny & Sam through a pair of double doors into a corridor, lined with statues of people in robes.)

Sydney: We gathered what capable fighters were left here in this place to plan our next move.
Sam: Just what is this place anyway?
Sydney: They say it’s a relic from the old times, from even before Pariah Dark. It’s used mainly to store records & artifacts deemed too dangerous for mortal or ghost hands. We also use it as a staging area & relief center. Ah, here we are, just a couple more doors.

(As they approach their destination, Youngblood peers out from behind a statue.)

Youngblood: They got YOU? Man they must be desperate.
Danny: Youngblood? How the heck did you get here? Shouldn’t you be off playing with finger-paints or something?
Youngblood: REAL mature, coming from someone who just started shaving his mustache.
Danny: At least I can grow one!
Sydney: Please, settle down, both of you. Youngblood, you were specifically told not to wander around this area.
Youngblood: Right, like I’m listening to anyone over the age of 14. It’s boring in the medic area, I wanna fight the guy.
Sydney: And I want a girlfriend to go with me to the sock hop, but that’s not happening anytime soon. March, Buster Brown.
Youngblood: Feh, whatever. You’ll need me sooner or later. (Youngblood skulks off muttering.)
Sydney: Now then, let’s go on, shall we?

(Sydney opens the door to a huge conference room. Seated at a huge table, which has a bowl of oranges, are various ghosts, which include Clockwork, Pandora, Johnny 13, Ember, Skulker & Technus. Kitty stands off to the side behind Johnny. At the head of the table is Frostbite.)

Skulker: HIM? We’re relying on his help?
Technus: Strictly speaking, he does stand a better chance than even I, master of technology in this case.
Skulker: I would like to point out that it was HIM that caused this mess to begin with.
Johnny: Dude, mellow out. Harshin’ on the kid won’t solve this one.
Danny: This is going as predicted. Frostbite, good to see you.
Frostbite: Same here, great one.
Ember: Good, you exchanged pleasantries with Baby Pop, got that out of your system? Good. Now can someone please tell me what’s going on?
Skulker: If you’d stay awake, you would know.
Ember: In between your droning on about ‘feasible battle maneuvers’ and Technus’ slide show, it’s a miracle I wasn’t in a coma.
Technus: My presentations no longer induce sleep!
Pandora: Do NOT make me use my big girl voice, any of you! Now then, Danny, be seated. Clockwork, refresh us.
Clockwork: Thank you. Some of you do not know this, but a few years ago I was asked by the Observants to take care of Danny here, to prevent this from happening. (An holographic image of Dark Danny pops up.) This would have been Danny ten years from now had he continued down a certain path.
Technus: I must admit, the cape and goatee is a nice touch.
Pandora: He would have been borne from Danny’s grief at losing his friends and family in an accident after he cheated on a test. Dark Danny is the amalgamation of Danny’s ghost half and Vlad Plasmius merged into one being. The crisis was adverted but at a cost.
Ember: Ok, I get the evil part, but why is he here? I mean, really, you’re as squeaky clean as they come why does he still exist?
Danny: He came here to make sure his future would happen, one way or another. I managed to trap him in the thermos.
Clockwork: Sadly, the thermos wasn’t strong enough to contain him forever. He has managed to free himself & is wreaking havoc here.
Sam: So that’s why you called us in.
Frostbite: In a matter of speaking, yes. You are most familiar with him, so any input will benefit us.
Technus: I’m getting word from Walker’s team; they entered the area where the dark doppelganger is now.
Skulker: I still don’t see why we should let Walker go off and hunt for him.
Ember: Hey, better him than us.
Sydney: Hey, Walker, can you tell that guy to focus? I can’t tell a tree from a rock!

(Switch to an abandoned, run down citadel. A soldier adjusts his helmet camera as several different guard, all with various gear and weapons, converge on it’s entrance. Standing near the back of the team is Walker, megaphone in one hand, a radio in another.)

Walker: Poindexter, keep your voice down; I’m trying to delegate here. All right gentlemen, the perp seems to have taken up residence here. Let us show him what our brand of justice means here. (Bullet, his right hand man, raises a fist.)
Bullet: Uh, how do you want this done?
Walker: As swiftly and painfully as possible.
Bullet: With pleasure. You heard him. GO!!!

(In a matter of seconds, the team acts; a flash-bang grenade is tossed in the doorway, and after a few seconds it bathes the interior of the building with an intense bright light. Then the guards, weapons drawn, swarm in. For several seconds, there is nothing but the sounds of intense fire, screams & blasts. Then, as quickly as it started, it stops.)

Walker: …
Bullet: …
Soldier: Something’s wrong sir. I’m not detecting any movement at all.
Bullet: Maybe they have him cornered somewhere.
Walker. Highly unlikely. These soldiers don’t let any of their prey out of their sights once they see them.

(A lone guard exits the citadel, ecto-rifle in hand. The barrel is still smoking.)

Soldier: Sir, one of our men is coming out!
Walker: See, what did I tell you? Good work, number 187.
187: Sir, we have a problem.
Walker: Oh? Is there anything left of the fugitive to identify?
187: Actually sir, he’s here
Bullet: That doesn’t make sense.
Walker: The C4 must be getting to your head. Of course he’s here, we tracked him to this building.
187: No sir, allow me to show you what I mean.

(187’s eyes glow green. Before Walker realizes what’s gone down, several rapid fire blasts rip through Bullet’s body. 187 aims toward Walker & fires, but Walker, in a cowardly fashion, uses Bullet’s prone body to shield himself before entrapping his own weapon & fires, one blast disarming 187 & the other going right through his chest.)

Walker: That was pretty sneaky overshadowing one of my men.
‘187’: Oh that’s rich, coming from you! (A transparent figure emerges from 187, then becomes visible. It is Dark Danny, or Phantom.)
Walker: Looks like my best men couldn’t even stop you.
Phantom: Oh, were they your best? I’m sorry I couldn’t tell. No way to assess ability while ripping them limb from limb.
Walker: Cute. Your days of running amok are over. I’m judge, jury & executioner of the Ghost Zone, and I can tell you right now I’m particularly fond of the executioner part.
Phantom: That makes two of us.

(Walker fires his weapon at Phantom. Smirking, Phantom generates a ghost shield around himself to ward off the blasts while gathering energy in his right hand.)

Phantom: This got dull real fast.

(Lowering the shield, Phantom fires a quick blast, knocking back Walker. Startled, Walker raises his weapon, but it’s too late; Phantom is already on the move. Phantom lands a vicious hook & then follows up by grabbing Walker by the throat.)

Phantom: You disappoint me Walker, really.
Walker: What…are you…
Phantom: Do you know what the human side of me hated about you? Your arrogance. The sheer gall you had shown, coming into my town & trying to make my life a living hell. Of course, my human side is long gone, so it won’t bother me when I do this! (Phantom raises his free hand, which is a dark green.)
Walker: You can’t get away with this! There are other who will put a stop to you!
Phantom: Too bad you won’t e around to see it.

(Phantom punches & his right fist goes right through Walker’s chest. Walker’s whole body begins to glow.)

Phantom: You know this is the second time I’ve killed you. Never thought it’d be this much fun.

(In a few seconds, Walker glows brighter & brighter until an explosion engulfs the two. When the smoke dies down, only Phantom remains, his fist still smoking. He turns towards the soldier with the helmet camera & smiles.)

Phantom: Boo. (Fires an ecto blast.)

(Back at the sanctuary,. All assembled are in a state of shock.)

Ember: Holy smokes!
Kitty: impossible…
Skulker: There’s…there’s no way he could have killed him! He’s a ghost! He’s already—
Clockwork: It is entirely possible.
Sam: I thought ghosts were, you know, already dead. You can’t kill someone who’s already croaked.
Frostbite: No, Sam, Clockwork is right.
Pandora: You see, ghosts in the Ghost Zone are two categories; Ghosts like Ember & Johnny are in the first category. They were originally human, but after they have passed on for one reason or another they stay here. Ghosts like myself, Clockwork & Skulker are different. Since we’re originally from the Spectral Plane, we develop differently.
Pondexter: Also, if a ghost is strong enough or if a weapon is made the right way, strong & permanent damage can be done.
Danny: In short, it really is possible to wound or kill a ghost.
Frostbite: Yes it is. Your evil counterpart seems to be able to do that.
Technus: The breaking down of ghost energy seems to be his specialty. This is something we were not able to anticipate.
Skulker: In any case, Dark Danny will not rest until we are all dead. I see only one viable solution.

(Skulker raises his arm. A rather large laser cannon pops out & he aims it at Danny.)

Danny: You know, if you dragged me all the way out here just to kill me, you could have at least made the effort to give me a cup of tea.
Skulker: Dark Danny is the future incarnation of you! We eliminate you, he goes away, end of story!
Danny: That very well may be the dumbest thing you’ve ever said, and you have said a lot of dumb things!
Frostbite: Skulker, unless you want to spend a considerable amount of time frozen in a glacier, I suggest you lower your weapon.
Skulker: Oh be sensible! I was going to kill him sooner or later. The continued existence of Dark Danny only justifies it!
Clockwork: The only reason Dark Danny exists is because he is taken out of his original time stream. Honestly, I wish you people would take the time to research the ins and outs of time travel.
Technus: But who is to say that Danny will not become the very thing that could destroy us all? Even if the circumstances behind his creation had been adverted, something else could happen that would turn him down to the dark side.
Skulker: All the more reason to kill him now!
Pandora: I will not tolerate that sort of talk! The future is uncertain, that is a given. I believe we can trust in Mr. Fenton here.
Ember: Sure, whatever.
Kitty: You’ve been uncharacteristically silent.
Danny: Yeah, this must be a record.
Ember: Shove it, dipstick. Look, I don’t really understand this dark side mumbo jumbo, but I isn’t here because I’m feeling noble like one guy here or feel like my dominance is threatened like most of you. I just wanna get this over with so I can get back to doing my own thing.
Sam: You mean cranking out badly written pop songs.
Ember: My stuff’s WAY better than that Goth crap you’re into.
Sam: I’ll have you know---
Johnny: Uh, pardon me? Look, I’m not exactly the voice of reason but this really isn’t getting us anywhere! We need a plan to stop the guy.
Danny: Johnny’s right. He’ll be here sooner or later & we’re too busy being at each other’s throats to think of a plan.
Pandora: Yes, well the situation is a very difficult one. The only capable fighters we have are you, Ember Johnny & Skulker.
Sam: Wait, Frostbite, you can help.
Frostbite: Yes, but I have to go back & assemble my men to aid you. They’re organizing as we speak, but we may not get here in time.
Technus: Pandora & I have been scouring the archives for something we can use to get the Dark One, but we’ve been coming up short.

(The door to the chamber open & Youngblood enters the room.)

Youngblood: Man, you guys are lost.
Sydney: Hey, I told you to stay in the medic area.
Youngblood: Yes, well I’m bored. And if you guys want to stop that guy I know something that can help.
Danny: What, we strap him to a rocket & send him to the sun?
Youngblood: Hmm, no, we don’t have any rockets. But we have something better. Mainly this temple.
Johnny: No offense, but that sounds sort of…lame.
Skulker: Although I always did fancy dropping a building on someone.
Youngblood: Sheesh, grownups. Look, I’ve been reading up on this place. The Ancient Ones, they built this in a specific area in order to plug up a hole.
Skulker: Ok, but I fail to see how this will aid us.
Youngblood: The hole just happens to be a gateway into Limbo. This hole would have spread throughout the place if they didn’t build a field to stabilize it.
Danny: I get it. If we can get control of the gate into Limbo, we can trap him in there.
Pandora: That seems like a good plan, but we don’t even know how to open the gate.
Youngblood: This might be useful. (Youngblood holds up a book that reads ‘Interdimensional Gateways For Nimrods.’)
Technus: Where’d you find that?
Youngblood: Duh, internet!
Frostbite: Then it’s decided: the gate to Limbo is our key weapon. We must get it open before he realizes what’s happening.
Pandora: Technus, you’ll assist me in finding & operating the controls for the gateway.
Technus: But of course. Who else can you trust to operate such machinery?
Danny: Says the guy who conjured up Carputer to attack me.
Technus: I stand by my inventions! And Hasbro settled the lawsuit.
Pandora: Everyone else, stand by. If what Danny says is true, then our enemy will no doubt be on his way.

(Sometime later in the hallways, Danny is looking outside the windows of the sanctuary as Johnny approaches him.)

Johnny: You look grim.
Danny: Yeah, I know. Not very day your own evil counterpart breaks out of prison and goes on a rampage.
Johnny: Well, don’t let it get to you. It’ll work out in the end, somehow.
Danny: I kind want to believe that, but…
Johnny: I saw it too kiddo.
Danny: It just spooked me, you know. That look on his face when he attacked them. And that face of his when he killed Walker, it was like he was experiencing the greatest moment in his life. The guy is worse than Vlad, and the worst part is that it’s me.
?: You, scared? Never thought I’d see that.

(Danny & Johnny turn to see Ember walking towards them, hands in pockets.)

Johnny: You’re mighty perceptive.
Ember: Couldn’t help but hear Baby Pop spout all that nonsense about the ‘Dark One’. So he’s an evil version of you. Deal.
Danny: You make it sound as it that’s the easiest thing to do.
Ember: It should be. Far as I’m concerned, that jerk is cramping my lifestyle. At this rate all the joints in the Ghost Zone will be trashed.
Johnny: Can’t argue with that logic.
Ember: Just be clear, I can do my own share of brawling & I certainly don’t need your help. So stay out of my way & let me do things on my own.
Danny: Feh, fine by me. I was hoping you wouldn’t be holding me back.
Ember: We’ll see. (Ember walks away.)
Danny: Real friendly girl that one.
Johnny: She’s kind of a loner, despite the band. But I gotta ask you something. You do realize most of the folks here hate you.
Danny: That fact has never eluded me.
Johnny: Yeah, so why stick your neck out for any of us?
Danny: Because it’s the right thing to do. When I first started out, I met this ghost at Vlad’s mansion & he told me ‘most ghosts just want to be left alone, don’t cha know?’. And as I continued to meet more & more of them, I realized a lot of them were pretty cool. I can’t exactly explain this too well.
Johnny: No, I get it. It’s a pretty broad explanation. ‘Do unto others’, a lot of people try to live up to that. I don’t know why a lot of ghosts hate the human world, I guess it’s some old grudge or something. But way I see it, it’s pretty pointless to harsh on humans. There’s a lot of crazy ones, sure, but there’s been a lot of cool ones too.
Danny: Right…
Johnny: But what is the deal with this Dark Danny guy anyway? Most people with his power try to rule the world, not kill everyone.
Danny: He’s way beyond crazed up fruit loop.

(Elsewhere, Sam & Kitty are in a conversation of their own.)

Sam: You seem awfully quiet about this.
Kitty: Am I? Well, there’s not too much I can say to stop this. There’s a sociopath that can kill ghosts & they need all the help they can get. Just my luck Johnny’s the help.
Sam: I know the feeling.
Kitty: Ah, but you don’t have to worry about Danny hitting on any cute girl within eyesight, human or ghost.
Sam: Oh well, we’re not exactly…it’s complicated.
Kitty: Wait, you two still aren’t going out? Even after…
Sam: It’s kind of hard to explain. Danny’s track record with relationships is best described as murky.
Kitty: I dunno, I always thought he was a real good kisser.
Sam: Thanks, there’s one memory I didn’t need back.
Kitty: Sorry. I only did that to get Johnny’s attention.
Sam: I’m surprised you two are still together.
Kitty: I know, but he’s a real sweet guy, once you get around the flirting & incessant need to show off his bike.
Sam: Sadly, that’s true of all guys. Hey, is that Youngblood? (Sam points to Youngblood sitting down in a corner, lost in thought.)
Kitty: Hey, it is. Young, Yo, you ok?
Youngblood: Not exactly. I mean, who could be ok when the Ghost Zone seems to be going to hell.
Kitty: Yeah, I suppose.
Youngblood: And not only that, I did a measurement. I’ve grown 2 inches.
Sam: Yeah, well most kids your age kind of look forward to getting bigger.
Youngblood: Not me. I’m supposed to be a ghost of rebellious youth, getting older’s bad for my rep. And that’s not all.
Kitty: Let me guess, you’ve got hair growing in odd places.
Youngblood: Hardy har har. There’s word that if your boyfriend can’t stop Dark…
Sam: Officially, we’re not dating!
Youngblood: …they’ll completely evacuate the Ghost Zone & seal it off. I don’t want to spend my days haunting a Chuck E. Cheese.
Sam: I don’t think we have to worry about that. Danny’s stopped this guy once, he can do it again.
Youngblood: Can he? I have my doubts.
Sam: considering he’s saved the world more times than I can count, smart money’s on him.
Youngblood: That’s just it; Danny’s fighting an evil version of himself. A guy who’s stronger & faster & has no problem with killing any of us.
Kitty: I have faith in him. He’s a pretty cool guy, you know, for a halfa. And what other guy you know would help out a place like this?
Sam: He could have just as easily said no.
Youngblood: So why didn’t he?
Sam: Because if he didn’t we all would die. It’s as simple as that.
Youngblood: Geez, being older seems like a lot of hard work.
Kitty: You think? I always thought it was easier staying a kid.
Youngblood: You would think that. But no one takes a kid seriously. No one gives someone my size the same sort of responsibilities. Even if they did let me go out there & fight, no one would consider me a threat. All I am to them is a kid with a hook & a peg leg. But at least when you’re a kid you don’t have to worry about such stupid crap like war.
Sam: Well, think of growing up as a trade in. I mean yeah, a lot of stuff grown ups do is pretty petty and to be frank, borderline insane, but you have room to improve. You get to show people hat you can really do. Yeah, it’s awkward as hell but it’s better than nothing.

(Suddenly, an alarm blares through the hallway.)

Voice: Alert! Omega Level Criminal is approaching! All essential personnel are to report to the Main Hall at once! This is not a drill! Our asses are on the line!
Sam: Looks like it’s time.

(In the Main Hall, Johnny, Ember, Skulker & Danny gather as Pandora addresses the group.)

Pandora: He’s coming much sooner than we thought. We’ll need to act fast.
Skulker: In that case, allow me to go first.
Ember: Meh, glory hog.
Skulker: No, I want to go first since my suit’s boosters can give me an edge. Ok , maybe a little bit of glory seeking is involved.
Johnny: I’ll back you up on my bike. Danny & Ember will run interference.
Danny: That plan I have no problem with.
Ember: Ditto!
Skulker: In that case, let the hunt begin. Try to keep up with me.
Johnny: You’re asking the dude with the fastest wheels in the Ghost Zone to keep up with you? You are cocky.
Skulker: Damn straight I am. (Skulker flies off.)
Johnny: Alright Shadow, let’s do this! (Johnny’s motorcycle, controlled by Shadow appears. As Johnny gets on, Kitty appears besides him.)
Kitty: Hold on there, lover.
Johnny: We’ve been over this babe. Someone needs to stop this guy & I’ve got nothing better to do.
Kitty: Yeah, I figured you would say that so…

(Kitty grabs Johnny & frenches him for a full minute.)

Ember: Wow.
Johnny: What the…
Kitty: It’s incentive to get your ass back here in one piece. I could have just made you disappear, but it would be pointless to bring you back if our home’s gone to hell.
Johnny: Gotcha. (Johnny jumps on the bike, revs his bike and winks at Kitty.) C’mon Shadow, time to rock.

(As Johnny rides off, Kitty turns and faces Danny.)

Kitty: As for you…
Danny: No kisses, please. Sam would have my head.
Kitty: For someone who’s not dating, she’s very protective of you.
Danny: Ah, well, we have known each other for a long time. You know how it is.
Kitty: Yeah, well look, I’ll make this simple. Promise me nothing will happen to Johnny out there.
Danny: What?
Kitty: Just say it.
Danny: Kitty…
Kitty: Johnny’s tough, I know. But this one’s not like Vlad or Pariah. And I’ve been with Johnny for so long. He’s all I’ve got, I’m lost without him. So I’m asking you, please, don’t lose him.

(Danny notices a small tear forming in one of Kitty’s eyes. He clasps one of his hands into hers.)

Danny: Ok Kitty, I understand. I swear, nothing will happen to Johnny. We’ll stop Dark Danny.
Kitty: Thanks.
Ember: Bleh, so cliché. I can’t believe I’m watching this.
Pandora: Oh hush! I find this rather sweet! If you had a boyfriend you’d do the same.
Ember: I had one. The metal clad lug is the whole reason why I’m soured on the dating scene.
Danny: I always thought you had a way with the guys. Or am I overlooking the ones under a spell.
Ember: Yuck it up, Baby Pop. You’ll be singing a different tune once I win this fight. (Ember flies off.)
Danny: I find the oddest causes to work for. (Technus appears.)
Technus: Hold, Ghost Child.
Danny: I’m 16 for crying out loud!
Technus: Take this communicator before you go into battle. We may have important information to dispense later. Also, it doubles as a superb media player.
Danny: Good to know. Now to business. (Danny flies off.)
Technus: Ok, now for the other pressing matters at hand.
Pandora: What our your chances of properly operating this portal to Limbo?
Technus: Even though I am a master of technology in all it’s forms, my ability to predict how to properly control the energies involved is limited. We must first find the chamber Youngblood mentioned & examine it.

(Outside in the Ghost Zone, Skulker & Johnny race towards Phantom’s location.)

Skulker: I’m surprised. You’re actually able to keep up!
Johnny: When I said I had the fastest ride, I wasn’t kidding!
Skulker: Look, here he comes!

(The two come to a stop as they confront Phantom.)

Phantom: Ah, the welcoming committee. Skulker was it? I see you opted not to merge with Technus.
Skulker: What nonsense are you babbling about? Why would I bother merging with that egomaniac?
Phantom: Oh yes, I forgot. I confused you with the Skulker I regularly manhandle in my era. You don’t seem any different.
Skulker: so you believe. Normally, I’d take pleasure in verbally knocking you down a peg or two, but I think I want to make this brief.
Phantom: That pride of yours, as always, will be your downfall.
Johnny: Ha, you ought to know.
Phantom: Johnny 13, the biker who tried to use my sister to bring that sycophant of a girlfriend into Amity. Nice to see you again.
Johnny: Uh huh, before I begin to hammer your face in with my two fists, could you do me a favor & never utter Kitty’s name?
Phantom: Ah, sensitive spot. That same weakness that got you crippled if I recall. I think I’ll show just how I did that, step by step.
Skulker: Just bring it.
Phantom: With pleasure.

(The battle begins with Skulker pressing a button in his right arm. A large barrel emerges from the palm of his right hand & he fires a rapid barrage of blasts at Phantom. Phantom manages to raise his shield to deflect the blasts while generating energy in his hands.)

Phantom: Semi automatic in the right arm. Does that bring some memories. A shame really I need to destroy them.

(Phantom lowers his shield, but before he can make a move, Shadow sneaks up from behind & grips onto his arms.)

Phantom: What the---
Skulker: Your pride will be your downfall! Johnny, now!

(Johnny leaps over Skulker on his bike & fires a blast from the headlight, hitting him in the chest. As Phantom reels back, Johnny leaps off the bike and with a chain wrapped right fist, hammers one into Phantom’s jaw, sending him crashing down into a platform below, face first.)

Johnny: Easier than I thought!
Skulker: Indeed. Walker was weaker than we thought.
Phantom: Oh, I agree. (Phantom picks himself up and rubs his jaw.) It seems I may have underestimated the two of you. Confusing you with the weaklings I thought is a mistake I won’t make again.

(Meanwhile inside the sanctuary, Pandora & Technus approach a large door, with many ornate symbols carved into it.)

Technus: Strange, you never really notice these things until you face an apocalyptic emergency.
Pandora: Human designed door in a Ghost Zone area, who’d have known. The writing’s all Greek to m.
Technus: You mean you can’t understand it?
Pandora: No, I mean it’s in Ancient Greek. I understand it fully. The writing here says “This shall only open to those who are at one with the lands of the living and the realm of the dead.”
Technus: So we need Danny to come & open this door.
Pandora: No not Danny, someone else. Doors like this were meant to be used by people with strong spiritual power. (It is at this point that Youngblood appears with Sam.)
Youngblood: I think I found your candidate.
Sam: You think I can open the door?
Youngblood: Why not? You get possessed a lot, you’re pretty handy with ghost relics, you have knowledge of spirits.
Technus: You do seem to qualify.
Sam: Well, I suppose I could give it a try. Pretty wicked looking door. So all I do is touch it like this and…

(Sam presses her hand against the door. It pulses purple and swings inwards, revealing the way into a large chamber. Long dormant machines slowly spring to life. In the center of this chamber is a large chair with a gold headset. Nearby is a huge view screen.)

Technus: I have had wet dreams involving rooms like this.
Pandora: I think I will put the ‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’ policy into effect now. Thank you Sam, now we can get started on opening the gateway.
Sam: Don’t mention it, least I can do. Let’s just try to figure out how these things work.
Technus: Leave that to me.
Pandora: Odd, I never knew someone as young as Sam had enough spiritual power to open a gate like this one on her first try. There must be some sort of hidden bloodline in her family I was not aware of. If she taps into it, who knows what she can do. For now it’s best I keep this to myself.
Youngblood: You have that look.
Pandora: What look?
Youngblood: The look of someone who ha just discovered a major revelation concerning the abilities of an associate of hers.
Pandora: You are quite shrewd.

(Meanwhile, back outside, Skulker & Johnny are continuing their battle with Phantom.)

Phantom: Alright gentlemen, show me what you got. Come on,, I’ll even let you have the first few hits for free. Do whatever you want.
Johnny: A glutton for punishment.
Skulker: Yes, he’s obviously baiting us. He wants us to rush in.
Johnny: Yeah, I figured as much. I got an idea.
Skulker: I imagine it’s reckless.
Johnny: Always. Just make sure your shots count.
Skulker: I’m certain they will.

(Johnny dashes in, throwing several punches at Phantom. Phantom smiles as Johnny hammers away relentlessly with rights, lefts & hooks.)

Johnny: For someone who’s getting pummeled you’re enjoying this way too much!
Phantom: Really? I was just thinking how someone as underpowered as you could try so hard.
Johnny: Let’s see you laugh this off! (Johnny reels back &, using his chain wrapped fist, hammers it right in the center of Phantom’s forehead. A small trickle of blood runs down his face as he smiles maniacally.)
Phantom: Congrats to you, you managed to draw blood.
Johnny: What in the world…
Phantom: My turn!
Johnny: Not so fast! Shadow, now!

(Shadow emerges behind Johnny & binds Phantom’s arms together.)

Johnny: You still have a habit of underestimating us!
Phantom: And you believed I would fall for the same trick twice. Let me show you a handy little trick I picked up.

(Suddenly, Dark flashes brightly, illuminating his own body. Shadow is forced to shrink & release his hold.)

Phantom: A pity Johnny that Shadow is the only thing you can use to actually fight me. Then again, you weren’t much of a fighter to begin with.

(Phantom uppercuts Johnny hard, sending him straight up. But as Johnny rises, he lets out a smirk.)

Johnny: This will hurt.

(Phantom sees Skulker has a large rifle aimed at him, as well as several rockets sticking out of various areas of his body. Before he can take action, Skulker fires the rifle hitting Phantom in the shoulder & chest. As he continues to fire, the rockets are launched & Phantom is assaulted with a barrage of ecto blasts & rocket fire, kicking up a cloud of dust. After 2 minutes, Skulker finally ceases his attack.)

Skulker: Well, that should do it. (Phantom steps out of the cloud of dust, brushing it off.)
Phantom: Really, I beg to differ. You’ll have to do much better than that.
Skulker: I guess I’ll just have to get my hands dirty. (Blades pop out of his arms.) Have at you!

(Skulker moves in & takes several swipes at Phantom. Phantom merely grabs one of Skulker’s arms in mid swing, smiles & tears it off, right before using the arm to bash Skulker about the head with it.)

Phantom: I never dreamed I would actually get to beat someone with their own appendage. Guess there’s a first for everything! (As Phantom closes in to finish off Skulker, Johnny nails him from above with a fist to the face.)
Johnny: I hope you didn’t forget me! (Phantom responds by burying a fist into Johnny’s gut, making him double over.)
Phantom: Actually, no, I didn’t. (Johnny is grabbed by the collar & lifted up.) I’ve been meaning to show you just how I did cripple you. Pay attention, this will be quite painful.

(A sudden shockwave painfully separates Phantom from Johnny. Johnny lands on one knee as Ember & Danny arrive.)

Ember: Now that I have your attention, I’ll kindly ask that you lay off the greaser!
Phantom: It’s you. I didn’t recognize you without the baggage!
Ember: Spare me the taunts.
Skulker: Ember, wait—
Ember: Not my style!

(Ember rushes in & starts her assault on Phantom.)

Danny: Johnny, you ok?
Johnny: Yeah, I’ll be fine once that ringing stops.
Danny: Right. Skulker?
Skulker: I can do without your help! It’ll take me a while to repair myself.
Johnny: We’ll have to be careful, that guy is a freak. I hit him dead on with a clean shot & he just smiled. (Johnny slowly gets up, but he staggers.)
Danny: Ease there killer. You’ll have to sit this one out for now.
Johnny: Kitty, huh?
Danny: You know your girl better than me.

(Back at the hidden chamber, the others work frantically to operate the machines.)

Pandora: Please tell me we’re getting somewhere!
Sydney: Do you want the good news or the bad news?
Pandora: Surprise me.
Technus: I managed to initiate operations of the machines here so we are free to operate them. However…
Sam: I hate that word.
Technus: The code is in a language unfamiliar to me.
Sam: Let me see. (Sam overlooks a computer screen.) I recognize this!
Technus: You? How does a human like yourself possess knowledge of an ancient language?
Sam: It’s covered in my subscription to ‘Goth Quarterly’. There’s a section on dead languages in the back. (Sam tosses him a copy.)
Technus: Perhaps I need to invest more in these books I hear much of.
Sam: Basically, what this computer says is that someone needs to sit in that chair & let the security system use their energy to manipulate the gateway to Limbo. Everyone else needs to man these machines & set a point for the portal to be opened.
Sydney: Wait, I thought the sanctuary was built on the gateway.
Youngblood: Sort of. The idea is that while we can’t chance using the gateway ourselves, we can create a sort of shortcut into it.
Pandora: In short, we’re creating our own portal so we don’t have to interfere with the deign of this building.
Sam: The range is limited though, and if I translated it right, the portal can stay open for only a minute.
Pandora: Right…the only thing left to decide is who gets to sit in the chair.
Sydney: Gulp! Well, in that case…
Youngblood: Leave it to me.
Sydney: What?
Youngblood: Look, Technus & Pandora need to operate these computers. You need to keep the other informed. That just leaves me & Goth here. Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’ve got way more energy to spare than you.
Sam: I don’t know if that should be called an act of nobility or a slightly chauvinistic stance.
Youngblood: Whatever. Just strap me in tight. (Youngblood takes a seat in the chair.)
Sam: If you’re sure about this…
Youngblood: Hit me.

(Technus flips a switch on a console. The machines begin to increase their activity & suddenly a surge of light washes over Youngblood. Seconds later, his eyes glow decidedly different voice speaks.)

Voice: Who…has awakened me?
Sam: Something tells me Youngblood is not home now.
Voice: Pandora…is that you?
Pandora: I’m sorry, I don’t think we’ve met.
Voice: But I remember you. It’s me, Hermes!
Pandora: Hermes! Oh my goodness I remember! But they said you were lost in the war!
Hermes: In some ways I was. My spirit is integrated in the sanctuary & its security system. It was the only way for me to retain some sort of form in this realm.
Sydney: War?
Pandora: There was a bitter war long ago between forces from the human world & the Ghost Zone. It was because of this war that the Observants & the Shinigami were formed.
Hermes: Yes, it was an event that must never be repeated. But tell me, why are you here?
Sam: There’s this guy, called Dark Danny, he got loose & he’s tearing the Ghost Zone apart. We need to open a portal into limbo & force him in.
Hermes: Dark Danny?
Pandora: Yes, it’s a rather long story.
Hermes: No, allow me. (Hermes loses his eyes for a few seconds.)
Technus: You didn’t just read our minds, did you?
Hermes: No, although that would be just as useful. This building is unique in that I can look through various time streams. Clockwork’s initial design was brilliant. I’ve just seen the time line where he originated from. He’s caused so many acts of destruction & killed far too many.
Technus: I will assume that you’ll help us.
Hermes: Yes. But be warned.
Sam: I knew it. There is always a catch.
Hermes: Operating the Limbo Gates requires careful focus & timing. But even if the plan succeeds, there is no guarantee that he will not force open a way back into your world if he is strong enough.
Sam: So he could find a way to come back here.
Hermes: In theory. He must b weakened before I can aid you in opening the gate. Are you still willing to do this?
Pandora: We have no other choice.
Hermes: In that case, Sam I believe your name is.
Sam: Yeah.
Hermes: I will help to maintain the power, but you will be the one to help focus.

(Back at the battlefield, Ember is engaged in a fierce battle with Phantom. Ember unleashes a series of rapid punches at Phantom, who manages to block each and every one.)

Ember: Damn you’re tougher than I imagined!
Phantom: And you are unusually energetic. That’s something I really hated about you!

(Phantom attempts to land a swift hook to her face, but Ember leans back & counters with a swift kick to the jaw, allowing her the time to unstrap her guitar.)

Ember: Ok gramps, let’s play you a lullaby!

(Strumming quickly, Ember sends several large shockwaves from her guitar towards Phantom. Phantom quickly goes intangible, letting the waves pass harmlessly by him. Phasing back in, he charges & elbows her in the gut.)

Phantom: Sorry, my tastes in music are a little more adult. (Before he can attack again, Danny dives in, kicking Phantom across the face & sending him back.)
Danny: I hope you enjoy the tune of Sweet Chin Music! You alright?
Ember: What part of ‘I can take care of myself’ do you not comprehend.
Danny: Remind me never to send you a candigram on Valentines.
Phantom: Concern for your enemies. You’re more pathetic than I thought.
Danny: Yeah, this ‘pathetic’ person kicked your ass before & I’m more than capable of doing it again!
Ember: Not before I do.

(Ember rushes at Phantom, fists raised, but Phantom sidesteps & elbows her in the back of the head, sending her down.)

Phantom: Now where were we? Oh right, you were going to ‘kick my ass’. Well then, let’s see you live up to that.

(Phantom fires off a volley of ecto blasts at Danny. Thinking quickly, Danny dodges the blasts & responds with a few of his own as he closes the gap between them. Danny then connects with a fist to Phantom’s jaw, before adding a rising knee shot.)

Danny: Gotcha!
Phantom: Do you now?

(Danny raises his fist for another punch, but Phantom, with the speed of a cobra, lays into Danny with a stiff right, sending him flying right into the side of a rock wall.)

Phantom: Like I said, pathetic. I can’t believe someone as laughable as you ever managed to beat me. Then again, you do have a habit of surprising me. Not today. (Dark creates 3 clones of himself & they all rush towards Danny.)
Danny: Crud!

(Danny concentrates & unleashes the Ghostly Wail stopping all the clones dead in their tracks before they can reach him.)

Phantom: I keep on forgetting you developed differently from me. (Danny slowly removes himself from his place on the wall.
Danny: Face it. I’m nothing like you.
Phantom: Am I not? I’m much more than just two powerful ghosts fused together. I am what you secretly want to e. What’s more, I am everything you will be!
Danny: No I’m not! I stopped my friends & family from dying. You’re just a leftover from a lost era that can never happen!
Phantom: Don’t be so dense! I know you better than you know yourself. Beneath that so called noble hero shell there is hate. Hate of those humans who want your ghost half dead & hate of the humans who constantly ridicule & torment that weak human side of you. And the hatred you have of the ghosts, it’s understandable. All they have ever done I give you even more misery than you can tolerate. And even if you help them, they will try to kill you again. Face it, it’s only a matter of time before you let go of such foolish ideals & give in.

(Suddenly, a blast of intense flames batter Phantom & send him flying off in the direction of the sanctuary. Ember rises, her face a mask of grim determination.)

Ember: Blah blah blah, we get it you are a bad ass. (Ember flies off in pursuit of her foe.)
Danny: Uh, thanks, I suppose. (Suddenly, Sydney contacts Danny via the communicator.)
Sydney: Danny, are you ok?
Danny: I’m stable, let’s leave it at that. Tell me some good news.
Sydney: We need you to lure Dark Danny closer to the sanctuary!
Danny: No problem there.
Sydney: Good. Listen, we can open the portal, but only for a minute. Before we open it, you need to weaken him as much as possible!
Danny: Weaken him? Are you serious? I’m doing all I can just to keep all of my internal organs intact!
Sydney: Just do something! If you can, try to hold out until Frostbite returns!

(Meanwhile, Ember continues her assault on Phantom.)

Phantom: That actually hurt!
Ember: That was the intent!
Phantom: One of the things I found annoying about you, other than your song list, was that brash confidence in yourself. I need to fix that!

(Ember goes for her guitar but Phantom, moving fast, punches her in the gut & grabs her by the throat.)

Phantom: You know, in the future, I did something that would completely ruin your life. I think I’ll show you just what I did.
Danny: GET AWAY FROM HER!!!

(Danny slams a massive haymaker that sends Phantom down, hard, into a rocky outcropping.)

Ember: What in the---
Danny: You ok?
Ember: Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. Look, don’t get too worked up over me, ok?
Danny: I can’t. It’s kind of true, when I think about it now. In the future, I hurt you pretty bad. I’ve hurt a lot of people actually.
Ember: Hey…
Danny: But I will end this RIGHT NOW!!!

(An intense field of green energy surrounds around Danny as he rockets towards Phantom & tackles him. Before Phantom can mount a counterattack, Danny lets loose with a heavy, savage barrage of punches a kicks, the shockwaves felt by anyone within distance of the two. Danny at one point kicks Phantom in the jaw before grabbing him by the collar & unloads with a point blank ecto blast to his face.)

Danny: Home in on my location & get ready.
Phantom: Urgh…I was right…there is much hatred in you.
Danny: Stop saying that! We have nothing in common!
Phantom: Really? You could have fooled me! Don’t tell me you just did this to me under the false pretense of being a super hero. The only way you managed to get me into this state was because you tapped into that hatred of me. Let go of any pretense you have of being noble & you’ll be at the same level as me.
Danny: I said SHUT UP!!

(Danny lunges forward for another blow with his left arm, but Phantom grips it.)

Phantom: Even now, you’re thinking only of others & how to protect them. Believe me, you’re better off severing the ties you have.
Danny: Says you! You killed me the very first chance you got!
Phantom: No, I killed off a remnant, someone who never did appreciate what was given to him!

(A loud snap can be heard as Phantom breaks Danny’s left arm. Danny screams in agony as Phantom smiles & punches him in the ribs hard. Danny coughs up blood as he is dropped to the ground.)

Phantom: Perhaps you need something to spur you into your transformation. Oh I know! I’ll kill Sam! You seem so attached to her. Maybe her dying screams will inspire you.
Danny: D-don’t you dare…(a mass of green energy is wrapping around Danny’s right arm.)
Phantom: Or maybe I should kill everyone in Amity. Ah, that’s it. I can’t take any chances! Kill all of them. Even my parents. They were such idiots, not being able to tell their own son had ghost powers. Valerie, so wrapped up in her hatred of ghosts to care about you. Tucker the sad techno geek. Oh, but be assured I will spare no time in exterminating all of them right after I destroy this temple I leave you here to wallow in your weakness!
Danny: I SAID STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

(In a matter of seconds, it all unfolds; Danny summons whatever strength he has left to lunge forward at Phantom with his right arm & punches at his chest. At the same time, the energy surrounding his arm builds up & takes the shape of a sword, forming around his elbow & fist. The blade pierces through Phantom’s body, going right through him until the point juts out at his back. A mix of shock & horror washes over Phantom’s face as he realizes, too late, what has just happened.)

Phantom: Im…possible…you can’t…no one has…this power…
Danny: …
Phantom: I was…right…there is a killer…in you…

(Ember & Johnny grab Danny & pull him away from Phantom.)

Ember: Got him!
Johnny: Hang in there kid!
Danny: Sydney…do it…

(A few seconds later, behind Phantom, part of the area’s reality becomes distorted. Suddenly, a rectangular doorway forms & opens up, pulling in Phantom. One final sinister grin creeps up on his face as his is absorbed into the portal. Seconds later, the doorway closes.)

Ember: Whoa. Did you see that?
Johnny: Yeah. The kid pulled it off alright. (Danny reverts into his human self & the communicator falls out of his ear.)
Ember: Baby pop’s not looking too good right about now.
Johnny: His arm’s broken &if I’m right, his ribs might be too.
Ember: You take care of him then. My job’s done.
Johnny: Wait, you’re just leaving?
Ember: I’m not feeling too hot myself, dig. Just need a place to sleep this off. Dipstick here will be fine. Laters. (Ember flies off.)
Johnny: Sure, I guess. (Johnny picks up the communicator.) Hey, anyone there?
Sydney: It’s me! What’s going on?
Johnny: We’re doe here, but Danny’s hurt real bad.
Sydney: Ok, I read you. Meet up with me & Sam, we’ll get him back to Amity right away!

(Johnny sighs as he struggles to pick Danny up.)

Johnny: …just what do you think you’re doing Skulker? (Johnny turns to see Skulker, who is missing an arm still, but manages to have a large pistol ready.)
Skulker: I’m seeing this mission through to the end.
Johnny: Dude, it’s over. Danny’s stopped him & Phantom’s sealed up now. There’s nothing left to worry about.
Skulker: You say that now, but remember what Pandora & Clockwork said: Dark Danny is born because of all the negative & deeply seeded emotions of the boy. We have adverted disaster for now, but it’s a matter of time before he gives in to those feelings.
Johnny: Oh come on, don’t tell me you buy into that bull!
Skulker: What makes you so sure he won’t?
Johnny: What makes you so sure he will? I ain’t a saint, but me & Danny always had an understanding! He didn’t have to lift a finger to save our asses, but he did anyway! So back off!
Skulker: You’re in no position to tell me what to do.
Johnny: For a guy with one arm, you’re pretty sure of yourself. I can kick your ass without Shadow!

(At this point, Desiree & Spectra join Skulker.)

Desiree: I hate to say, you might find this tougher than you expected.
Spectra: I can’t imagine a better opportunity than this to be rid of our biggest problem once & for all!
Desiree: It’s better this way Johnny. He will turn on us. You may not want to take advantage of this, but we will.

(A large blast of fore is shot over her head. Kitty, armed with a rifle of her own, jumps down next to Johnny. Overhead flies Dora, who transforms from her dragon persona into her regular self.)

Kitty: Don’t even think about it!
Johnny: Kitty?
Kitty: I got impatient, so I hitched a ride.
Dora: I’m in agreement with Johnny. I owe quite a debt to Danny & his friends. Anyone who tries to hurt hi, they have me to answer to.
Spectra: Oh great, she grew a spine.
Dora: I can also grow scales, fangs & claws if you catch my drift!
Desiree: Oh really? (Desiree summons a dragon of her own.) This is what we call a stalemate.

(Suddenly, Frostbite jumps in between the two groups.)

Frostbite: Checkmate.
Skulker: Oh perfect, now you show up!
Frostbite: And just in time too! I’ll thank you for not terminating he life of the Great One here.
Spectra: You and what army?(The bulk of Frostbite’s forces all emerge & encircle the area.) Oh, THAT army. Never mind.
Kitty: Oh man, Johnny, you look a wreck.
Johnny: Yeah, well I took some serious blows but Danny’s gotten the worse of it.
Frostbite: Let’s go. The doctors in his world can take better care of him.

(Hours later, in Amity Hospital, Jazz shows up to find Kwan & Sam sitting outside of Danny’s room.)

Jazz: I came as soon as you called! How is he?
Sam: Fine, just fine. Your mom’s in there with him now. She hasn’t left his side since he left the emergency room.
Kwan: The doctor says he’s got a broken arm, a concussion and several cracked ribs. But he’ll be able to leave the hospital in a short while.
Sam: By the way, thanks for showing up.
Kwan: It’s the least I can do, you know. I mean I picked on him sometimes, I know, but I would never think to go that far.
Jazz: It’s ok Kwan, no one is blaming you.
Kwan: I’m just so mad, you know. Why the hell would he even do something like this?
Sam: Kwan, this is Dash we’re talking about. He doesn’t exactly use rational thought.
Kwan: Tell me about it.
Jazz: What about everyone else? Where’s Tucker?
Sam: Tucker won’t be back for a few more days, but I called him already. Valerie was the only other one, aside from Kwan, to even bother showing up. (It’s at this point that Jack appears, with some Styrofoam cups in hand.)
Jack: Here, drink up. Glad to see you here Jazz.
Jazz: Yeah, these two managed to fill me in.
Jack: Your mother & I will have to attend an emergency disciplinary meeting tomorrow morning, so we’d appreciate it if you would stay with Danny.
Sam: What do you think will happen?
Jack: It’s hard to say. I’m fairly certain that Baxter kid already has some sort of fancy lawyer feeding him lines. We’ll be lucky if I don’t go berserk & strangle the kid.
Jazz: The important thing to remember is that Danny’s fine. We can focus on how much you want to manhandle him later.
Kwan: In any case, I’ll head on home now.
Jack: Alright, thanks for coming Kwan. I think that might have helped to cheer Danny up.
Sam: I better get going too, my parents are probably worried sick.
Jack: Take care, Sam. Come on Jazz, let’s go see Danny.
Jazz: I’ll be there in a couple of minutes Dad, I just need to talk to Sam about something.

(A few minutes later, Jazz & Sam have a talk in front of the maternity ward.)

Sam: …and that’s it basically.
Jazz: Oh my God, Danny…
Sam: This isn’t something we really ever planned for. I mean killing is one thing, killing what is possibly you…
Jazz: Don’t say that Sam.
Sam: I’m not saying he is or will be that guy, but…
Jazz: Look, Sam, Danny is who he is. None of what that guy said is true. Guys like him prey on our emotions & try to weaken us mentally. It’s one of his primary weapons. Danny’s not perfect, but he always managed to make the right choices when it mattered. And the minute Dark Danny killed his human side was the minute that the Danny he was ceased to exist. Danny will realize that sooner or later.
Sam: I hope you’re right. He’s his own worst critic.

(A few days later, the halls of Casper High are filled with tension due to the events of the week. Sam walks down the hallways alongside Danny. His left arm is in a cast & part of his forehead is bandaged up. He has a less than thrilled look on his face.)

Sam: Hey Danny, you’re sure you’ll be ok with this?
Danny: Yeah, I’m sure of it. The last thing I need is to spend more time lying in bed not doing anything. I can only stand so much of Jenga.
Sam: I see you’ve had one too many games with Jazz.
Danny: Yup.
Sam: The good news is that Lancer’s willing to give you an extension on the term paper. The faculty’s been acting different lately.
Danny: I wonder why. (Kwan & Valerie join the two at Danny’s locker.)
Kwan: It’s because of the city council.
Valerie: Nice to see you’re up and about.
Danny: Hey, thanks. You look tired.
Valerie: Sorry, but my, uh, new job has me up & about, so I don’t get to see people much. So, have your parents talked to you about what happened yet?
Danny: Only about the fact that Dash got off with a light sentence. Summer School & dismissal from all but the football team was what he got.
Sam: Yeah, imagine how pleased we are about that.
Kwan: After that, the city council somehow got word and decided to step in. The school board is now being forced to revise their policy on bullying.
Valerie: So in short, everyone in the staff is paying for Dash’s stupidity. Again.
Danny: That sort of bites.
Valerie: Danny, maybe it’s better if you don’t stick around today, just chill out for a bit at the park.
Danny: Maybe.
Kwan: Heads up. (Dash & Paulina, as well as most of the football team, approach Danny.)
Sam: Oh, this will not end well.
Dash: Fenton.
Danny: I have a name, you know.
Dash: Whatever. I’m just here to deliver a message to you.
Danny: I’m REALLY not in the mood to deal with you right now, Dash.
Dash: Too bad, you’re gonna stand there & listen to me.
Valerie: So much for a peaceful resolution to this. (Star shows up.)
Star: Hey, where have you been?
Valerie: Busy.
Dash: Despite my sincere apology, the school decided to cut me from every team except the football team.
Danny: I heard. Cry me a river.
Dash: Look, I’m just putting you on notice right now, it’s your fault that I got stuck in summer school, Fen-turd! Just because you got out of the hospital don’t expect any sympathy from us.
Danny: Are we through?
Dash: No, there’s more. The minute I get done with summer school, I will track you down & wail on you like there’s no tomorrow!
Danny: Oh, is that right? (Danny at this point is practically seething with anger.)
Kwan: Dash, back off. I think you’ve said enough.
Danny: No Kwan, I’ll handle this.
Dash: Oh, what are you gonna do, report me to Lancer?

(Danny, with his good arm, grabs Dash by the collar & slams him against the lockers, with enough force to shake the walls.)

Sam: Danny! Calm down!
Kwan: Whoa!
Dash: Hey man, what are you doing?
Danny: Something someone should have done a long time ago! You think that just because you’re the best athlete in this school & the most popular, that gives you the right to be an asshole? You think I like the idea of having you stuff my head in a toilet because it makes you feel superior?
Dash: Uh yeah?
Danny: It was a rhetorical question you dumb ape! It’s bad enough half of the school hates me because I’m not a mindless drone like them who falls in line to the in-crowd just to fit in, you have to go the extra mile every day to try to make me feel worse!
Dash: Ok, ok, ease up man, calm down!
Danny: WHY THE HELL SHOULD I CALM DOWN? YOU ALMOST KILLED ME YOU PRICK!! As far as I’m concerned, you’re a muscle bound jackass who picks on anyone he feels like to make himself feel good! You’re pathetic & don’t even give a damn about who gets hurt! I’m fed up with your crap & I’m sick of the fact no one has the guts to tell you to your face just how big of an ass you really are!

(The crowd of students all look on in stunned silence, not sure what to make of Danny’s angry tirade.)

Paulina: Whoo hoo, the dork’s making a stand. Real stand up moment. Anyone wanna clap?
Danny: Oh that’s right, I’m a dork. Real cute, princess. Since we’re on the subject of handing out labels, why don’t I give one to you, like say ‘stuck up bitch’?
Paulina: Hey!
Danny: Oh, I’m sorry, was that insensitive of me? Too bad, I doubt you even know what insensitive means! I can’t believe I had the hots for you, what the hell was I thinking? God, how can anyone put up with someone who thinks the entire world should always revolve around them? Here’s a tip, most guys like a girl who can count to ten.

(Danny finally releases his grip on Dash’s collar, grabs his book bag & glares at the rest of the students.)

Danny: If you thought that was shocking, that it was uncalled on, I really don’t care! Far as I remember, all most of you ever did was mock me or call me names! I would have figured nearly dying would get at least one of you to drop by the hospital to say hi. Guess I was wrong huh? Feel free not to give a damn about the weird kid, I’ll be leaving now.

(Without even looking at anyone else, Danny kicks open a side door leading outside & stalks off.)

Sam: Oh, Danny.
Dash: What was that?
Valerie: That was about 6 or so years of pent up adolescent anger & aggression let out in 3 minutes.
Sam: And all it took for him to unleash it on everyone was for you to open your big mouth.
Kwan: Smooth move bud! Why not kick some kittens while you’re here!
Dash: Oh come on Kwan, I didn’t mean for this to happen!
Kwan: dude, you’re my pal and all, but I can’t even defend this. (Lancer & Testlaff finally appear.)
Testlaff: Ok, ok, break it up.
Lancer: What’s going on here?
Star: Long story short, Danny had a bit of a emotional outburst & freaked on just about everyone.
Sam: You may want to ask the star quarterback here for all the finer points.
Dash: This is not my day.
Testlaff: Dash, I’d like to have a word with you. NOW.
Kwan: I better come too. She’ll want to hear all sides of this story.

(Testlaff escorts Dash to her office while Lancer talks with the others.)

Lancer: Where’s Danny?
Sam: He just bolted out of school.
Lancer: I see. Sam, could you please go & find him? I doubt he’d want to see me right now.
Sam: Yeah, I have an idea where he’s at. But I don’t even know if it’s a good idea to bring him back.
Lancer: I’ll leave that to you. In the meantime, I’ve got crowd control. (Lancer pulls out a megaphone.) All right, nothing to see here, resume your regular routines.
Valerie: Hey, you want me to come with you?
Sam: Nah, I don’t want to risk having him bite your head off too.
Valerie: Oh right, the breakup deal.
Sam: Later. (Sam runs off.)
Paulina: This is weird.
Star: I know, I never imagined Danny had something like that in him.
Valerie: You’d be surprised what people are capable of. Anyone feel like discussing this over a latte?
Paulina: I’ll pass. I think I want to be alone now. (Paulina walks off.)

(Somewhere on the outskirts of Amity, Sam enters what’s left of a ruined cathedral. She finds Danny sitting by himself in one of the few remaining pews, looking up at a cracked stained glass window.)

Sam: There you are. I was kind of hoping I’d find you here.
Danny: Hey, where else would I be? This is the only place I know where I can sit & think in peace.
Sam: Maybe next time you have an outburst like that, you can hide out in the Goth teahouse.
Danny: I doubt they’d want anything to do with me either.
Sam: Danny, come on.
Danny: I’ve been thinking for the past two or three days, Sam. I’ve been thinking about everything that he said, what he told me about myself. In a way, he’s right.
Sam: No, Danny stop you’re a whole different person than him!
Danny: I can’t say that for sure Sam. I mean, let’s face it, I know what those kids in school think about me. It’s been building up for so long & it felt so great to lash out at them! Why do we have to put up with their crap anyway? And with the exception of one area, just about every ghost in the Ghost Zone either hates my guts or wants me dead! Why should I even try to save them if they plan on putting me 6 feet under anyway?
Ember’s Voice: Wow, you really are your own worst critic, huh?

(Danny & Sam turn to see that Ember is sitting atop of a angel’s statue, guitar in hand.)

Danny: If you’ve come to pick a fight, don’t. I’m not in the mood.
Ember: Geez, relax Baby Pop! Never thought someone like you can get wound so tight.
Sam: You can’t really blame him, can you? He almost died saving you guys.
Ember: Yeah yeah, I know the deal, then I get cranky about the fact that he did save me even though I can fend for myself, yadda yadda.
Danny: Like I said, not in the mood.
Ember: Save it, kiddo. Now look, as far as I know that Dark Danny guy is not you. I seem to recall someone mentioning that he killed his human self before he went all temperamental in the future. So don’t be feeling ‘responsible’ for anything he did. He did it, not you. You’re just a guy who has an annoying habit of helping everyone out whether they want to or not. That’s the Danny Phantom I know.
Danny: Uh, sure, I’ll go with that.
Ember: As I hear it, there are quite a few ghosts who stood up for you when Skulker wanted to waste you, so don’t think your little boy scout thing isn’t appreciated. The way I figure, if those jerks can’t show a little gratitude, screw them.
Sam: A pep talk? From you?
Ember: The week’s been full of surprises.
Danny: You’re telling me this for a reason, right?
Ember: Damn right. This fight made me realize that I’m not as strong as I wanna be. Also pissing me the hell off is the fact that my rival will get all emo & quit, or at the very worst seek out some complete whack job to gain more power & forsake all the friends he made.
Sam: Rival?
Danny: At least it’s not Box Ghost.
Sam: I see your logic.
Ember: So, here’s the deal; One month from now, I’m coming back to town to fight you. You better be healed up by then, because I won’t be taking it easy on you.
Danny: Maybe you ought to worry about me taking it easy on you. You know I have a wicked right.
Ember: I bet. And I ain’t gonna stop until I know for sure which one of us is better!
Danny: Fine by me. See you in a month!
Ember: Ditto! (Ember flies off.)
Sam: I could be mistaken, but I think she just succeeded in that pep talk of hers.
Danny: Ember? Pep talk? Are you for real, she wants to rip my head off.
Sam: True, but she didn’t. She could have easily attacked you right now but she gave you a whole month. And you look excited. I say that qualifies for a successful pep talk.
Danny: You’re delusional!
Sam: Do you feel depressed?
Danny: No.
Sam: Angry at yourself?
Danny: No.
Sam: Do you feel like every person & ghost out there is a weakling deserving of your unrelenting wrath?
Danny: Hell no! You need to stop reading Tuck’s comic books!
Sam: See, it worked! That’s the Danny I know! Look, it’s tough being who we are, but we’ll be fine. Sure we’re not the most popular or the most athletic, but really, did it ever matter to you? You became friends with me & Tuck because of who we are & you always tried to find the good in everyone you meet. It’ll take others some time to see that, but when they do, they’ll appreciate you more for it. (Sam hugs Danny.)
Danny: Wow…thanks Sam. I really needed to hear that.
Sam: No problem. Come on, let’s get you back to school. Lancer will probably want to have a counseling session now.
Danny: I probably should go. (The two walk off together as Ember, unknown to them, looks on from a distance.)

Back in the present, York sips his soda as the story is finished.

Star: After a couple of sessions, Danny eventually mellowed out more. And after the special assembly the other students started to talk to Danny more.
Tucker: There’s also been activity going on with certain cliques.
York: ah, I see now why some of the staff was so uneasy to discuss the policy changes. The incident in that other school also helped to spur the change, or so Lancer told me.
Star: There are some who think Danny wants to overthrow the cliques & start a new order within the high school.
Tucker: That’s going a little too far.
Star: Trust me, most of the popular kids are more paranoid than you think.
Sydney: The Dark Danny incident changed things in the Ghost Zone too. Many feel wary of Danny while many more see him as a new hero.
York: What surprises me is that he has that power you told me about.
Tucker: The Spectral Sword you mean?
Sydney: I think Banshee Blade is better!
Star: Wait, why not call it a Spirit Sword?
York: Someone else has that trademarked. Point is, I’m surprised he’s been able to restrain himself from using that power for so long.
Tucker: He killed someone with it, I think that could be the catalyst.
York: Yes, I see. Anyway, thanks for the info, all of you. I’ll be off now. Oh, before I forget…
Tucker: I swear, I didn’t forget about the essay! I’m only human man!
Star: Chill out babe.
York: Weird outburst aside, do me a favor& tell Danny whatever happens do not enter the Ghost Zone.
Tucker: Uh, sure.
York: Well, good day. (York leaves the money for the food on the table & leaves.)
Star: So…2100 years old.
Tucker: Give or take a century. Sydney, can you explain that?
Sydney: There is one possible explanation, but even I have a hard time believing it.
Star: He could be an alien.
Tucker: Or a demigod.
Sydney: Perhaps. Ember once told me that he was the last of his kind. If I remember correctly, there was a group of people whose specialty was ancient magic. He could be one of them.
Tucker: This looks like a job for Tobin’s Spirit Guide.

(Sometime later, in the Ghost Zone, at the front of the Phantom Sanctuary, Youngblood paces back and forth.)

Youngblood: What’s taking him so long? (A portal opens up & York, in his Monk attire, steps out)
York: So, you’re the one who called me?
Youngblood: Yeah, that I am. We’ve got problems
York: Obviously. Clockwork filled me in on the finer details. How does it look?
Youngblood: At the rate it’s been the gate will open in…(Youngblood looks at his watch.) 5 minutes. If you have a plan, now is the time to tell me.
York: Wait, I’m confused. Since when do you trust adults?
Youngblood: I don’t, but Danny’s cool with you, so that must mean you’re alright.
York: Ok then, this will be a bit tricky. What do you think, Ember? (Ember pops out from behind a rock.)
Ember: You knew I was here?
York: Hello, mage who can detect spiritual energy! Does that surprise you?
Ember: No, I suppose not.
York: Right. Now, I’m gonna work on sealing that portal back up when it opens. I need you to run interference.
Ember: Rock on!
Youngblood: Oh crap, here we go!

(Part of the fabric of reality is distorted as a black portal gate is literally ripped open. From within, reaching out & clawing his way into the Ghost Zone is Phantom. His eyes are blood red &on his chest, there is a huge glowing scar from where Danny fatally stabbed him.)

Phantom: Ah, it feels so good to be back! Now isn’t this pleasant, a welcoming committee. Looks like I get to start the killing in earnest.
Ember: Like spit you will.
Phantom: Oh really Ember. Do you have a short memory or do you not know what I did to you so easily last time.
Youngblood: Wait, you died! Danny stabbed you in the chest!
Phantom: Yes, that pesky little human did score a lucky hit. Sheer hatred alone was what brought me back.
York: Actually, I believe it’s different. Judging by the wound on your chest, you’ve been absorbing the energies of Limbo into your body. It’s the only other way you could have come back to life & rip a hole back into this plane.
Phantom: You seem…familiar? Are you someone I killed?
York: I’m sealing the portal. Ember, take him down! (York makes several hand signs & begins to chant.)
Phantom: Take me down? I think you trust her too much! (Phantom creates several clones of himself.) I’ll kill all of you, right here & right now.

(Ember, raising an eyebrow, unstraps her guitar, twirls it over her head several times & sticks it right in the ground in front of her.)

Ember: No. You’re not even gonna lay so much as a finger on any of them.
Phantom: What makes you so sure you can even be a match for the copies of me?
Ember: This.

(As quick as a hiccup it begins and ends. With vicious speed & precision, Ember rushes & elbows one clone in the throat, kicks the second at the base of his neck & yakuza kicks the last one hard in the face before returning to her spot behind the guitar. All three clones fall down & disappear.)

Phantom: That’s not possible.
Ember: Oh, it be possible!
Phantom: Ok then, if it’s speed you want.

(Suddenly, Phantom appears before Ember. He tries to land various blows on her, but Ember manages to evade & parry all of them.)

Ember: See, I’ve been training with Dip Stick’s gal & I’ve steeped up my game a lot. I’ve been forcing myself though hell just to be stronger!
Phantom: Stronger than me?
Ember: No! Stronger than him!
Phantom: That weakling? You should set your goals much higher!

(Phantom goes for a haymaker, but Ember actually catches his fist in one hand)

Ember: For the record, that ‘pathetic weakling so going to be so far beyond you it’s unbelievable! So I’m gonna get stronger to show him I have what it takes to keep up with him! Oh, by the way…THIS IS FOR DESTROYING MY VOCAL CHORDS!!

(Ember’s left arm is set ablaze as she delivers a rising uppercut that sends Phantom to the ground. Ember takes a deep breath, waiting for his next move.)

Youngblood: Shoryuken!!!
York: Ok, I got the portal sealed! No worries there.
Ember: Cool, but what about this joker?
York: Let me handle the cleanup.
Phantom: Urgh…wait, now I remember. You’re Altair York. You were the friend of my parents.
York: I seriously think you need to refrain from calling my friends your parents.
Phantom: You were also a meddlesome person. I had to seal you away in the future to stop you from coming after me. It looks like I’ll just have to find a way of killing you later.
York: Sorry. You don’t have a later to look forward to. (York unsheathes the sword in his staff. Suddenly, red kanji becomes visible on the side.)
Phantom: You seriously believe you can stop me?
York: Yes.
Phantom: Your future self didn’t have the nerve to try, he believed in reforming me. What makes you different from him?
York: There was one thing that version of me had that I lack: mercy.

(Phantom rushes forward, energy blasts ready, but York blinks, takes a single breath & in a second, slashes Phantom across the chest. Phantom is frozen in place.)

Youngblood: WHOA!! That was so Mifune!
Ember: And that was…
York: This technique is called the Edge of Judgment, a high level Shinigami technique that can only work on spirits. What ever ghost is hit with it, the past deeds they have done will be used against them.
Youngblood: Ok, so is he going back to Limbo?
Ember: That will be a pain in the ass, he’ll break out again.
York: No, not this time. Dark Danny has so much damage here & in his era. The sins he has committed are unforgivable and there’s only one place to send him. By the way, we all need to step back about 5 feet. Yeah, that’s good.
Youngblood: So what now? Where do we send him.
York: Where else? Straight to Hell.

(Suddenly, a red circle forms beneath Phantom’s body. Black chains erupt from the ground & bind him head to toe as much as possible, before a giant skeletal hand grabs him. Phantom is dragged down, screaming in terror, as an ominous voice laughs. When he is taken deeper into the circle, flames shoot up & the circle closes up. All is silent.)

York: Well, so much for him
Youngblood: Dude…freaking METAL!!

(Back in the human world, Ember & York arrive at the abandoned cathedral via a portal.)

York: So, when did you know I was gonna show up.
Ember: Right after I got a call from Youngblood. He said he was detecting some weird activity in that area & wanted to call in Danny. I convinced him to get you instead.
York: Right, right? Uh, why?
Ember: Look, the kid killed him and he feels plenty bad about that. I can’t fight a guy who keeps on kicking himself when he is down.
York: Oh, of course not. I guess I should focus on sword training then, get him to not be so hesitant about that power. It could be useful.
Ember: Will that affect the plans for Japan? I mean, the kids have been looking forward to that.
York: No, actually it fits in rather well. We need to see my sensei anyway. When we get there, it’ all gonna make sense. I’m going home. I just hope Tucker & Dani didn’t destroy the lab.
Ember: Meh, it could be worse. Later teach.
York: Yeah, later.

(As York walks off, Ember sits down at a pew & looks up at the statue of the angel.)

Ember: Come to think of it, it was a night like this…

Back 6 Months. Maddie adjusts Danny’s covers for him as he lies asleep in the hospital bed.

Maddie: You get some rest dear. I’ll come visit you first chance I get tomorrow.

(As Maddie gets up she sighs before turning off the light & leaving the room. A few seconds later, Ember appears next to Danny.)

Ember: Yeah, um…look, I know you’re asleep and all, but it makes this much easier for me so… (Ember bends down & kisses Danny on the forehead.) Thank you.

(Sighing, Ember goes & sits on the window sill with her guitar & strums a few chords, watching over him.)

Ember: Why is it always the nice ones?

END OF VERSE 4


And now, for a very long, LONG overdue session of Filler Theater!


Dani: Hey, did you miss us?! (I walk in.)
Me: I’m so, SO SORRY I MADE YOU WAIT!!! THE WAIT TIME FOR THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE!!! AS A WAY OF MAKING AMENDS I WILL HAVE A RANDOM PERSON COMMIT SEPPUKU RIGHT NOW!! (I grab Box Ghost.)
B. Ghost: Wait, no I’m too young to have my belly slashed open for ritual suicide!
Dani: This was one hell of a long chapter!
Me: Oh yeah, I know. The planning for everything took so long, and there were so many false starts too. And the discs I used kept on getting corrupted, so I had bought a flash drive to save it all.
Dani: Well, the important thing is you lived up to your word & chapter 4 is done. And what a doozy too.
Me: Tell me about it. Now I can focus on what we all know I’ve been waiting on for the past year. Don’t make me say it…(Timmy & Aang pop in.)
Timmy: Allow us.
Aang: It’s time to BRAWL!!!! (All three of us hold up Wiimotes.)
Timmy: Wait, where is DarkDp? He usually has a cameo at the end of these things.
Me: He has bought the Japanese version. I haven’t seen him since Groundhog’s Day.
Aang: Say no more! Come on, let’s play!
Mysterious Voice: NOT SO FAST!

(Everyone looks up on top of the building to see, standing majestically, Prince Eragon.)

Me: Uh, can we help you?
Eragon: You dare to feature that weakling of a sister instead of me in your story! I challenge thee to a round of real Smash Bros!
Me: Uh…ok. Dani, can you please kill him before I have to?
Dani: Oh, sure, why not? I didn’t get to do too much. (Dani flies atop to the roof and reverts to her Dani Phantom persona.)
Timmy: Ok, the rules are one round, one stock life, all items on. And no, we don’t allow wave dashing.
Eragon: Prepare for a sound thrashing, small one!
Dani: Sure, whatever.
Timmy: Ready…GO!!!

(As Eragon runs towards Dani, a Smash Ball floats above her.)

Dani: Well, this was quick! (Dani grabs the Smash Ball & glows blue.)
Eragon: There is no one in this realm that can stop me from destroying you!
Dani: Oh really?

(Dani activates her Final Smash. As Eragon comes into range, she forms a giant glowing green sphere & slams it into Eragon’s gut. It explodes & sends him flying skywards.)

Aang: Wow that was quick!
Timmy: Dani wins! (Anita walks in.)
Me: Is it me…
Anita: You’re wondering too whether she just used her own version of Rasengan.
Me: I would not be surprised if they watched Naruto a lot.
Dani: Well, that’s it for Filler Theater. See you guys later!
Anita: Wow, 100 pages. You had way too much spare time on your hands.
Me: Yeah, and thanks to this game, it’s all going to good use.
Anita: Yup. I can’t help but think this ending is missing something.

(Speeding by on a motorcycle similar to Wario’s, Tootie rides in, grabs Timmy & rides off into the sunset.)

Anita: Never mind.

Theme Songs for Phantom:

Rain- By Yoko Kanno, Vocals by Steve Cante
Scattered Rain- Tsuneo Imahori (From ‘ Trigun- The Second Donut Happy Pack’ OST)

Afterword:

Well, the first story arc is finally complete. And, I am proud to say, it turned out better than I expected. I mean, seriously, I had a lot of fears about half assing this one, and the length of this one really had me on edge. I mean, damn, it's 54 pages. I NEVER did a chapter that long. The paper one was twice as long. Eventually I had to do some editing and the final results are before you. Now then, more thoughts before my need to Brawl consumes me again...

-Writing Dark Danny was apparently the easiest thing to do. Let's be frank: we're not really dealing with a villain that has certain complex emotions like Vlad or Magneto. We are dealing with a sociopath who has only one desire; to hurt as many people as possible and to do it as much as possible. The guy is a true blue asshole, no doubt about it. Writing the scene for Danny letting loose with all of his anger however was tough, because Danny by all accounts really doesn't let his anger consume or overwhelm him that much. However, I wanted to illustrate that over time, the stress of being Dany Phantom & Danny Fenton was slowly beginning to creep up on him. The added factor of his admitted dislike of Dash only helped further this little change. Of course, the events of this story actually have a ripple effect, as it will be revealed in the next story arc.

-I gave a lot of characters some equal footing in tis story to expand the universe & give the story more life. I mean a good story is only as stong as it's denziens and the DP universe has a variety of characters. The Ghost Zone characters, as well as the people in Danny's school, are gonna see a little more action soon, and there will be a focus on certain characters & their relationships to the heroes.

-I see that I did indeed comment on the Danny/Sam shipping aspect a lot. Seriously, I didn't even notice until I read some of the comments I received when I initially released the first version of this. Of course, now that I reflect on it, it does seem fitting I address it like I did, eh? Oh, and the next story arc will feature Sam a bit more

-The Danny & Ember rivalry/friendship, that will also be looked at too, but not right away. I don't wanna spoil too much, but I think I have a good idea on how it will develop.

-Chapter 5 will be done as soon as I finish some research on Japanese schools, Japanese ghost stories & certain other aspects. So don't worry too much about Brawl eating up all my time

-There are a few sneaky little references to certain Shonen Jump titles, one not so subtle and one that is almost easy to miss. See if you can find them all...










Sign up to rate and review this story