Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

The Light Left Behind

by schism-ism 7 reviews

Kyo and Tohru's first kiss.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kyo, Tohru - Published: 2006-02-06 - Updated: 2006-02-06 - 257 words - Complete

2Moving

Things had been building up to this point. It really shouldn't have been a surprise, but everything was a surprise to Tohru. Everything was new and shiny and unexpected, which was why Kyo hadn't really had a choice. He'd convinced himself there was no other way. It wasn't really how he'd meant for it to happen.

There was supposed to be a talk. He'd be rehearsing it for weeks, finding the right words and waiting for the perfect time.

That was how they ended up in the yard somewhere near Yuki's secret base kissing.

But the words weren't working right. Everything came out disjointed and broken.

It worried Tohru. She started hovering around him as if he might pass out, and that's when it happened. He grabbed her by the shoulders, eyes filled with grim determination, and kissed her.
Tohru squeaked and stood there frozen, eyes opened wide.

It was nothing special, just lips pressed together clumsily, but when Kyo pulled back, he felt his lips tingling.

"I've been fighting my whole life. Every day, it's a struggle. But when I look at you . . . I think 'I don't want my future to be like my past.' I . . . don't want everything to be a fight, " he said in a near whisper. Kyo let his hands drop to his sides and stepped back as if to say, 'It's ok to run if you want.'

Instead, Tohru glanced up at him, blushing furiously, and offered him her hand.

She might not always stay, he thought, but she was here now.
Sign up to rate and review this story