Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

i could be an accident but im still trying

by watch_the_sky 2 reviews

UPDATE!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-03-11 - Updated: 2008-03-12 - 966 words - Complete

0Unrated
What an eerie, awkward feeling; to dread pulling into the driveway of your own home. As the wheels of Patrick’s car rolled to a standstill at the stop sign at the end of his street, he contemplated not taking the left, continuing on his way in any attempt to avoid the inevitable drama that would take place the moment he returned. As the car took that necessary left onto Elm Street he could immediately spot her car parked in the driveway; the details of the moment coming in clearer with each rotation of his tires against the wet pavement.

Ana was tossing a few bags into her trunk while shielding her eyes from the pounding rain; slamming the trunk shut, she scampered back into the house as his car pulled into the driveway. It would be a lie to say that his hands weren’t shaking as he shifted the car into park, or that he lingered in his car for just a little too long before bearing the downpours that was happening outside of the safe confines of his Honda Civic.

With a slight job, a skip, hop and jump over a few puddles, Patrick was storming in through the front door of his home. Ana was sitting on the steps in the foyer, awaiting his arrival. It was disheartening to find his bags on the floor and his car missing from the garage when she returned; obviously, the fact that he had come home was going to make this decision so much harder to bear. Sitting quietly on the steps, she was sadly admiring the pictures on the walls around her as the silence became unbearable.

“You’re not going to take them too?” The words weren’t meant to sound as bitter as they had come out, but in all honesty, she was leaving him; maybe it was okay to be bitter.

“I just need essentials” With a nonchalant shrug, her carefree attitude did nothing to mask the despair in her voice.

“What happened to us?” Suddenly Patrick was at the foot of the stairs, 9 wooden steps away from the love of his life, and their inevitable destruction. The bitterness had fallen from his voice, but Ana refused to make eye contact because then, he would surely see the uncertainty in her eyes and know for sure that she didn’t want it to come to this.

“Please don’t make this harder than it is” She wanted to say goodbye, a proper goodbye for what it’s worth, but he was going to make it difficult; Patrick always makes it difficult.

“Please enlighten me, how am I the one making it difficult?” And now, the bitterness was back, and she was standing on the step, forcing herself to look him in the eye.

“Patrick, please” A tear broke through the barrier and slid silently down her cheek and her voice cracked with frustration and despair; mentally cursing her week emotions.

“Were you even going to tell me? Or were you just going to hope that when I got home, I wouldn’t notice?”

“I don’t want to fight…” Ana pleaded, but Patrick wanted to fight, he wanted answers.

“You’re taking a page right from Kate’s book with this one. No wonder you two were always such great friends.” Sarcasm was dripping from every word and Ana could see his eyes turning cold.

Descending the steps, it was hard to look at him as she passed by, placing the ring on table sitting against the far wall of the foyer, “I can’t do this right now.”

Trying her hardest to hold her composure, Ana hurried out the door but naturally, Patrick was quick on her heels with a growing desperation in his voice, “Ana please …”

“I’m sorry Patrick” The sound of tears were audible as the volume of her voice raised considerably, but the tears where masked and went visibly unnoticed on her cheeks as the rain crashed around them. “What else do you want me to say?”

Patrick sighed heavily, running his hands over his face in aggravation, “I want you to say that you take it back.” Throwing his arms in the air in heavy frustration, his voice had raised to match hers, “I want you to say that you love me, that we can make it work!”

Tears were ready to fall from his eyes, the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes were always a give away to everything he was feeling, and now he was down the steps of the front porch, just inches away from her.

“Patrick …” There wasn’t much to be said, but either way, he didn’t give her a chance.

“No Ana, please. Tell me that you love me, and that you don’t want this. I want you to tell me that fairy tales are real, that true love exists, that high school romances aren’t doomed to fail. Just tell me that we can do this, we can make it work.”

Patrick’s hands were desperately gripping her forearms now and the tears were streaming down both of their cheeks. Ana wanted to fall into his arms, she wanted nothing more than to do and say everything that he wanted, but sadly, we don’t always get what we want.

“I love you Patrick” Ana tried to smile, but the hope faltered quicker than it rose, “but right now just isn’t our time.”

With a heartbreaking frown on her face, she was in her car almost immediately, backing out of the driveway. And then, in a blink of an eye Patrick was alone, standing in his front yard, his hot tears mixing with the cold rain drops crashing down around him.
Sign up to rate and review this story