Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > The Princess and The Avatar

Chapter Seven: Preperation for Battle!

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The allies have gathered and knowledge is shared…now they need guidance…but will they be willing to follow the mysterious Soldier Pluto?

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-03-13 - Updated: 2008-03-13 - 3601 words

0Unrated


THE PRINCESS AND THE AVATAR

AUTHOR:Zpan Sven

E-MAIL:Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com

SUMMARY:Finding Mamoru in the arms of another, Usagi is saved from the Earth Prince's beating by a mysterious ninja and is brought into a world of mystical ancient tournaments....

CHAPTER SUMMARY: The allies have gathered and knowledge is shared...now they need guidance...but will they be willing to follow the mysterious Soldier Pluto?

DISCLAIMER:I do not own Mortal Kombat or Sailor Moon. If you don't recognize it, odds are it's mine...

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Scorpious is 19, the Inner Senshi and Usagi is 17, Mamoru is 23, the Outer Senshi (Neptune, Uranus) is 21, Pluto looks 24 but is over 5000, Hotaru is 15, Carmen is 16, Scorpio* is over 100, although he looks around his late 20s early 30s. Normally I can't stand Rei/Sailor Mars, but for her fans, I'll be nice and change her character into something I can tolerate while trying to stay as true to her original character as I can. However, it's open season on Mamoru-baka. Kukukuku...

For pics of the crew, head over to my DeviantArt account: www(dot)zpansven(dot) deviantart(dot)com

"Speech"

'Thought'

_"Speech in a foreign language"_

_'Thought in a foreign language'_

-Sign language-

.Telepathy..

TIMELINE: Post-Chaos Arc for Sailor Moon, Post-Mortal Kombat 4. Major AU on both sides.

RATING:PG-13

WARNINGS:LVSY/Y

ARCHIVE:Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer.org, DeviantART.com, Ficwad.com, others please ask.

JAPANESE- ENGLISH DICTIONARY:

Hai - Yes

Iie - no

Kono yaro -jerk, asshole, ect

Bakayaro -asshole, jerk, ect

Onna - woman

hime-sama -princess

Youma - monster, demon

Ore wa - I am. A rough way to introduce one's self.

Atashi wa - I am. Very feminine way of introducing oneself; can be considered flirty, often used by young women and flamboyantly homosexual men.

Nande - What

Nani - What

Tsuki no Hime- Princess of the Moon

Tsuki - Moon

Fuku - uniform, primarily the type worn by the Senshi

Miko -priestess

Gakki - brat

Temee -bastard

Kisama -bitch/bastard

Wakizashi -a smaller version of a katana, usually the backup weapon

Bo Shuriken- dagger-like shuriken

Hira Shuriken- normal Star-shaped shuriken, ranging from three points to six or more.

Tekko - hand covers/wrist guards

Kyahan -shin guards

Tabi - split toe socks worn with the traditional sandals. Modern versions of /tabi/have a hard rubber sole, making them into footwear on their own, generally favored by ninja.

Shinobi -another word for Ninja. Assassin.

Kunoichi -female shinobi

-

CHAPTER SEVEN: PREPERATION FOR BATTLE!



"Sasori," the woman Scorpio called 'Mother' addressed Scorpious, reaching up to brush her fingertips to the faint shadow of stubble on his chin; Usagi had noticed during her stay under his care that he developed facial hair at a much slower rate then Mamoru had, probably an attribute to his alien blood. The towering man looked down at the older woman and she continued."Everyone must be exhausted after what I've heard of your adventures. Let us discuss what we know of the enemy and train on the morrow."



The shinobi hesitated before reluctantly sighing out his agreement of her statement, "As you will."



The GrandMistress Pyre sent the older woman agrateful look as she gestured to the many seats around the table of the War Room. "Please, sit. We have much to do."



The ever-wary Lt Blade sat with her back to one of the corners of the room, where she could watch the doors; her partner sat to her right and the Mortal Kombat Champion sat to her left. The renegade Lin Kuei Sub-Zero sat beside Lui Kang, eyeing the various Sa'hill members cautiously. Kurtis Stryker slid into a seat beside Major Briggs, leaning forward to scan in the map on the table before him in unabashed curiosity, his hazel eyes trailing over the marked places of interest. The GrandMistress called Terra leaned forward, resting her palms on the cool wood of the table as Usagi lead her Senshi to the table; Scorpious sat beside her, with Mars on her other side. The older woman sat across from her youngest son and smiled kindly at Usagi as the remaining Senshi settled with Mercury and Jupiter beside Stryker; Venus took the empty seat between Sub-Zero and Mars.



Pyre leaned forward, bracing her hands on the table, at the edge of the map. "As one can tell, this is a map of our Realm. I'm certain that Lt Blade and Major Briggs can identify many of these marked locations quite /easily/..."



"These are some of the known locations for several/of the Brotherhood's cells," the blonde lieutenant agreed, leaning forward in her seat, her wariness forgotten as she focused on some of the markers in adifferent color. "What are these /green ones?"



On the map, scattered across the continents of the Realm were various pins in different colors - black, green, red, blue, and white. "Those represent the cells we have captured. The blue ones are suspected cells, and the red ones are very active ones - we believe some of the Brotherhood's highest ranked members have command of them."



"And the white?" Jax questioned, noting how many white markers were on the board.



"We believe those are support cells, residences along with medical and research divisions," Tundra informed them, her pale fingers laced together before her mouth as she studied each of their new allies with an icy, calculating gaze. "Perhaps these are even the locations where they keep their prisoners."



"And the black ones represent /what/?" Mercury asked softly, noticing the distance between the few black markers on the map.



"Portals into Earth Realm..." Lui Kang whispered the reply before any of the four GrandMistresses could speak, pointing to one in particular. "That one is near my home, the Temple of Light..."



Pyre nodded in agreement. "They are under the watch of several lesser Gods and Goddesses, whom report directly to Lord Raiden and Lord Fuijin, the protectors of this Realm."



"There's a red and white marker near each of the portal markers," Usagi noted in worry.



"We believe that the Brotherhood's superior/sends them supplies that cannot be found on Earth Realm and are perhaps set up near the portals in preparation to /aid the invadingforces," Terra stated.



"If they have a group of powerful enough Magi, then they can force portals open anywhere they wish," noted adifferent, masculine voice.



Heads turned to look at the man several of the Allied Chosen of Earth and Inner Senshi thought a servant standing at the side table preparing a goblet of wine -- his garb was plain, loose black pants tucked into black leather boots and long sleeved kimono-styled tunic of orangey-yellow wrapped around his torso that was belted with a simple obi of black fabric; his hair was black and fell free around his shoulders, faint traces of silver visible at his temples. When he straightened, turning to look at them, it was with blank white eyes that seemed to glow in his tanned face.



Pyre nodded thoughtfully as she examined the map, tracing faint lines that were neither lines of longitude or latitude, lines that seemed to swirl at random places, forming small star-shapes at various places on the map near several of the black markers. "Very true, Magnus; but Irecall something about leylines and nodes...?"



"Yes. Portals will form best where there is a constantsupply of energy.../permanent/ Portals at least. A temporary, one-way one needs a location with enough energy to be tapped into by the Magi; any nearby leylines and nodes will be siphoned off to help supply the temporary portal however long it's open - it is possible that the more magically sensitive members of the Brotherhood could be scouting for these potential locations..." He spoke as though used to lecturing a class as he placed the goblet he held on a nearby tray with a wide assortment of drinks from bottled water to cans of soda to goblets of wine.



"And you are...?" Mars asked, her eyes narrowed as she studied the aura of the man before her; he was older then he looked - way older- and there was this quiet, contained power that seemed to radiate off him...



"This is Magnus - he's the leader of the Magi around here," Pyre introduced the man as he seemed to glide forward, a tray of drinks in his hands. "As such, he's also the primary teacher of those more magically inclined with-in the clan."



"You five...have very bright auras," Magnus noted of Usagi and her Senshi; his blank gaze seemed to bore into each one as he studied them individually, "Your mystical energies seem to be very connected to your elements and your emotions..."



"H-how do you know that?" Venus stammered out in surprise.



"I cannot see the way that you do, but the way I /can/see allows me to see the auras of those around me. It would take yearsof intense training for a person sensitive enough to see like I do," he informed them. "It is an honor to finally meet the Senshi that my old friend speaks of so fondly."



"Your old friend?" Mars asked, her hackles rising as she shifted in her chair in preparation to leap to her feet.



"Yes. Goes by the name of Pluto, actually," the older man drawled, a slight smile curving his lips.



"Pluto?! You know Sailor Pluto?" The raven-haired Senshi gasped in shock, reeling in surprise as her eyes widened.



"Sailor? No. But I do know a Soldier Pluto."



"Soldier?!" Jupiter asked, exchanging looks with Usagi and her fellow Inner Senshi.



"For each Sailor, there is a Soldier, a counterpart,"a new voice lectured, seeming to echo in the room, causing all but Magnus to tense; the voice was a masculine tenor that was young, yet old. "With your memories not yet fully restored, you probably don't remember, at least, not clearly. Do you recall a male around you always, perhaps one whom resembled you in some degree?"



"Resembled me...? I...remember..." Mercury frowned, recalling the hazy memories she carried, which would return to her in her dreams as she relieved parts of her previous life. "There is a boy that I know, but cannot remember his name. I know he is close to me, because we're /always/studying together and he's trying to get me to go play outside, to explore... He looks like me, the same hair and eyes..."



"There is a boy..." Venus murmured softly, her eyes becoming unfocused. "His hair has more orange in it then mine, but he has my eyes... He loves to practice with his bow... And he loves to tease me even more, always with a game or prank to pull on people and reveling with me in the trouble he makes..."



Jupiter's head tilted back, her eyes closing as she recalled a recent dream she had. "I know a boy. He has a laugh like mine and he looks like a male version of me, with the same color of my hair and eyes... He loves to fight and wrestle, just like me, and we're always sparing and wrestling..."



"I...I...the boy...looks like me..." Mars acknowledged. "He's so serious but he looses his temper easily, especially when he feels like he or I am being talked down to. He...he wants to keep me safe, happy..."



Usagi clasped her hands before her, smiling serenely."The boy I know has an infectious laugh and smile, always able to make me feel better, even when I've tripped over my own feet or the tutors fuss at me for doing something wrong. He helps me get better and stronger. I always tease him that if he grows his hair out and we put him in a dress, he could probably pass as me... But...there's another, not a boy but a young man...tall and golden with such a solemn face..."



"They are your Soldiers, your protectors. A Sailor Senshi is more magically inclined then a Soldier and they are long-ranged fighters for the most part - a Soldier is there to attack close range, to help keep the Sailor Senshi safe while she attacks. They are your opposites, similar but different; there has only been a single female Soldier, and she is one of the Outers' own - technically Mamoru could be considered the first male Sailor," the voice informed them.



"Is there a Soldier for each planet? And why do they resemble us?" Mercury asked, trying to remember the boy's name from her previous life's childhood memory.



"Yes - for each Sailor, there is a Soldier. Soldiers have two duties - protect the Sailors, and to protect the Prince of the Sun, as the Sailor protects the Princess of the Moon." There was a flicker in Usagi's peripheral vision, but when she looked, she saw nothing but a blank wall; she could see the others looking around for the voice's source as well and coming up with nothing. "As for why they look like you...its quite simple/, actually - it is because they are your brothers. /Twin brothers, to be precise. The only non-twin pairs to be born in your generation were the siblings of Pluto and Saturn."



"And the young man? The golden one...?" Usagi asked, twisting in her chair to look for the voice.



"He is the Prince of the Sun, Solaris the Thirteenth," the voice replied softly.



"Not another suitor I hope..." Jupiter asked, feeling both worried and annoyed that another man their Princess had been kind to in her past life might be still pursuing her in this one.



There was a booming laugh. "Oh Gods and Goddess no, dearest Makoto! He is far worse then any mere suitor! You see, he is her elder brother, the heir to her Father's Kingdom of the Sun, as she is the heir to her Mother's Kingdom the Moon."



"What?" Mars yelped, halfway rising from her seat only for Venus to place a hand on her shoulder and gently force her back down.



"Then do I have another sister whom acts as the Sailor for the Sun Kingdom?" Usagi wondered softly.



"No, merely a half second cousin; she's known to you in this life, but her power has yet to waken and that untapped power is a draw to those whom seek to drain the life force of others..."



"What did you mean by Solaris being worse then any of my other suitors? And will the Sailor of the Sun's powers awaken soon?" the reincarnated Tsuki-hime asked the voice.



"Because, /hime-sama/, Solaris, whom was trained alongside his Soldiers, is very over-protective of his beloved younger siblings and his Imperial Golden Crystal is the near equal to yours; think of what that means - any whom dare make you cry has always been on the receiving end of his swift and brutal wrath." They couldn't see it, but they could tell there was asmirk in that voice.



"Imperial Golden Crystal? Is that like Mamoru-san's Crystal?" asked the ever inquisitive Senshi of Mercury.



"Actually, many of the historians in the Silver Millennium believed they are part of the same crystal because it is reputed that millennia ago, the fifth King of the Sun gave a fragment of his Crystal to the first Queen of Earth to show her his favor after she had brought the planet under the rule of her throne in Atlantis, weakening the /original/crystal and giving the Queen of Earth the ability to become the first Senshi for her world; her consort became the first Soldier Senshi of Earth and their titles were passed down to throughout their bloodline, as your titles and powers have been as well."



"How do you know all of this?" Sailor Mars asked with a healthy dose of suspicion.



The air suddenly rippled, causing the more 'jumpy' of the assembled group to suddenly leap to their feet, reaching for various weaponry; the ripple revealed itself to be a swiftly spinning staff that suddenly paused, the butt end tapping against the stone floor. Before them was a teenager in a uniform of sorts with dark blue hair in a loose topknot favored by samurai from ages past and garnet eyes that silently told that his true age was far older then the youth of his face made them think. The uniform was familiar to the Sailor Senshi but they could not swear to having seen it before- a simple tunic tucked into breeches with knee-high boots and a short black leather-like coat fastened by silvery-chains.



He wore the colors of Pluto, the dark, almost black green and garnet. The staff her had resembled Sailor Pluto's in the fact it was shaped vaguely like an older key, though his was half a foot taller then him and topped with the royal insignia of the Pluto royal family, with a small garnet orb resting in the curve of the 'P'. The young man who was not young gave a slight bow.



"Greetings, my fellow Senshi and allies against those that threaten this galaxy -- I am Soldier Pluto." He introduced himself solemnly before suddenly grinning impishly. "No autographs or flash photography, please!"



Somewhere where all of time and space met and converged to form the legendary Gates of Time, Sailor Pluto was very glad no one was around to witness her faceplant - she had a reputation to uphold after all...



For a moment there was a figurative tumbleweed blowing in the background before the self-proclaimed Soldier Pluto straightened, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck with his free hand before lowering his hand and looking solemn once more. "So, are you ready to get to business? I can promise you this right now, if we aren't careful then the possible futures I've seen end in utter and complete devastation for not just the Earth Realm or even this universe, but those beyond it!"





The backs of the assembled allies stiffened at the reminder of the danger they faced, even as he continued. "There is no time to waste/- train and prepare, for this battle will cost you dearly and if you areill-prepared it could cost you not just /your life, or even the life of the man or woman beside you, but the lives of the innocents of Earth and beyond! /Do you understand/?"



"Yes!" Usagi called out, her voice trembling but full of bravery, her Senshi snapping out in unison their agreement with their Princess: "Right!"



"We cannot - will not -- fail!" Pyre vowed, her fists clenched as her assembled clansmen and women murmured their agreement. "So swears the Sa'hill! Our full might shall be unleashed on our foes!"



"Whatever it takes, we will do it," Lui Kang stated



"Then we must gather powerful allies, powerful weapons! All Senshi shall be awakened, all former Chosen of Earth gathered together to help against this threat -- if the Earth falls, then the rest of the universe and beyond is doomed because we've not faced athreat like this and pray to whatever deity you worship it never will again/. Forget Shao Khan! Forget Chaos! Shinnok and his Brotherhood are an evil unlike any you've ever met! Among them the odds of finding a potential ally to help us from within are close to nil; they are /ruthless/, /cold-hearted/, and merciless. Those they don't kill they will enslave and twist to their will, breaking them and remolding them in their own twisted image."Soldier Pluto thundered. "Enjoy this night for it may be the last night of afull, peaceful rest you can /indulge in for a while, because tomorrow you train for war!"

-

-

-

For the reincarnated Sailor Senshi, they had forgotten what a war-rally was like and when the assembled had broke for the night, they were visibly weary and trotted along after the kind mother of Scorpious, whom they had been introduced to as Khara, alongside Lt Blade, who looked as exhausted as they felt; the males had followed after Magnus to the male dormitory.



"Follow me, children. You must be so tired after your adventure today..." Khara murmured, leading the five young women and the female Lieutenant towards the women's dormitory. "I'm certain we have clothing in all of your sizes and the bathroom is fully stocked with toiletries, so don't worry about needing a thing. Breakfast will be around seven/, although knowing both of my youngest sons' training habits you will upbefore /dawn to train..."

-

-

-

It hurt so much, trying to struggle through the heavy veils that shrouded his consciousness. One would think swimming to consciousness from a drugged oblivion wouldn't be so painful, but it was.



But even with the pain, he had to be careful, careful not to alert his captors he was regaining himself. Because if they knew he was regaining awareness, regaining strength to fight them, they would kill them...



And then who would be able to destroy them from within?



It was the least he could do, to make up for what he'd been made to do, for being controlled once more like a puppet into hurting Usa. Because dammit, even if it was the love Endymion had for Serenity, he still loved her, cared about her; she was a ray of light in his dark world and so long she was safe and happy, that's all that mattered.



And if making his little Usa safe, making her happy, meant he had to sacrifice himself in a suicide attack...



Then Chiba Mamoru would do it.
Sign up to rate and review this story