Harry has to fix things that once went wrong, leaping from life to life in the hope that the next leap will be the one to Luna's bed...
- Well, putting Harry in the Quantum Leap plotline within the HP reality is new, but done in variouis other genres with either spectacular epics or horribl duds!
With what you have given us so far, it has possibilities. But I limit it to some key people and make it say 4-6 chapters.
Author's response- Yeah, I know. On Caer Azkaban it was suggested that this had already been done in a fic calle "Dimension Hopping for Beginners" or something like that. Never read it, but I am a firm believer that there is very little in HP Fan Fics that are truly original anymore.
- I was actually looking at 7 chapters, just goofy stuff.
- Oh!! This idea has quite some potential for later development after you've gotten some of your present stories completed (or as a mind-cleanser when you hit a block on them - I can speak from a certain experience, here). I like the bit about changing the twins from Percy-clones to pranksters and I can see where that change would make a major effect on being able to stop Tom.
Author's responseTo my mind the fun in this story is Hermione and Luna fighting over him...
- OMG! The idea of poor Sam leaping into a world of Bill Weasley's wedding night, much less Al + veela = ded Al's brain!!
I hope Hermione figures out how to Astral Project, I think Luna is providing perfect inspiration!!
Love: Twins as Percy clones, and how that makes an askew universe!
Author's response- No Sam, Harry. Sam would end up with massive lawsuits for copyright violations, so it's Harrys, who might appear to be quite like Sam, but isn't.
- I was thinking she might end up with a faulty link like that one time Gushie had to link into Sam when someone ran off with his body...
- I thought so...
(#) someguy773 2008-03-15 06:39:40 PMGreat concept, the only major problem I see is that you're only having Harry relive old instances, keeping the status quo. There should be be something specific he needs to change in each jump (being Victor and stunning Cedric in the maze, stuff like that). But your stuff is always gold, can't wait!
(#) someguy773 2008-03-15 06:42:42 PMThe only issue I have with this is Harry should be looking to make changes in the universe, not preserving the status quo (for instance, becoming Victor and stunning Cedric in the maze so he never gets the chance to grab the cup w/ Harry). Make it more dramatic and he can't do anything to Barty/Mad Eye for some reason. Amazing stuff as always!
Author's response- That would come eventually. I just needed a silly one to start out with.