Categories > Original > Romance

Rimshot Serenade

by TiffanyRazors 0 reviews

When rockstars take off their masks

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2008-03-25 - Updated: 2008-03-26 - 970 words - Complete

0Unrated
Huey and Tammy.
Toxy and Tammy.
Glamourous trash, Hollywood thrash.
His heels pound the hell out of concrete, searching for his music Romeo. 2:00 P.M., he only woke up an hour before. It's a long ride from hell to Babylon, by Metro. He grabs a coffee from a cafe that had the nerve to thrive in a Mickey D world. $2.00, alright then. Eyes latch onto his body, delicious eye candy for all. Miles ahead of decade rock n rollers, he rocks "FUCK YOU" in red capitals, grey cigarette jeans low on his motor hips, and blaringly pink Barbie pumps. Fuck you world, just like the shirt says.
He's in a rush, and the pidgeons can tell. It's been 7 hours since he saw his love drug, bittersweet between his pouty, glossy lips. Last night was hellish heaven, a flurry of heat, fury and cacaphony on the Cathouse's stage. 7 hours since their gazes seared into the other, harlequin and kitche.
ready tam tam?
ready T-Rex.
The gritty apartment complex is the pearly gates behind his faux-Chanel. Residents not interrested in picking up their shattered dreams watch that boy click across the concrete. Oh damn, a cardshark puffs his cigar in a lawn-chair, here's trouble. He thuds up the stairs, not so gaceful, but the legs have to match the heart. And his heart says thud thud thud, just like hearing his minstrel's distortion. So there's the door. Iconic, deceptive lace shades in the window beside the highway. A clove of garlic hangs from the slammed hook on the splatter-paint door. He doesn't worry. No vampires, just a zombie. Right on, he thinks. With a sigh, he fluffs his chocolate mane littered with red locks, reapplies another coat of Red Hot gloss, and rings the bell. It chimes, welcoming him to his favorite hole in the wall.
who is it now?
who is then?
just one more safety pin
i think...
He awakes from his bored stupor. Tammy's always bored. The only joy he gets is in his Gibson, creating and picturing gyrating. He smirks, no, don't think about your anarchist ballerina. About how you can't have him, 'cause he belongs to the sky, the stars. Oh, there's the carol of the bells. A knock of chipped black nail polish. Sure enough, when he rushes to the door from the loveseat, his blue eye spies a shiny snarl, fisheye shades, and a mahoghany explosion. He's got no time to prepare for a heart attack, a renagade of emotional seizures, just a few seconds to push some blond shag from his eyes. Better, not perfect.
Tamtam!
Oi, there it is. An imp jumps on his gentle giant, arms around, leg around, careful not to poke with heels. Cosmic explosions happen when the two are together. Shit get broken. Minds get fucked. Emotions get handled. one way or another. The rickety table collapses when the giant falls onto the loveseat, more like painseat. But he won't think about that now. He'll think about Huey's scent, indulgent and decaydent incense. He'll think about Huey's touch, loving and rowdy. He'll think about Huey's eyes, glimmering and shimmering chocolate. Starry, the ink over his eyes reminds him.
"Hey."
"Hey."
They're smiles match in different colors.It's barely pass 3 and they already want bang each others' minds. Bodies were not an option. Not yet, Huey bites his lip. He's such a tease. And Tamtam lovehates it. They talk about what they would do for the day, pillage for fun.By then, it's okay for Tammy' s hand to run along the curve of his dancer's back. It's okay for Huey to close his eyes and listen to his musician's rythmic heartbeat. It's okay for the two to let themselves fall.
They decide on the beach.
Puttin' sunshine in a bottle
Puttin' water in your heart
Puttin' love in your eyes
His giggle sprouts wing and soars, way over city lights, over decaydence, over life. The water laps against his bronze legs, Hollywood craved. Tam bites his lip, scans the coast with glassy blue eyes. The coast, his secret admirer, everything in this scene. Tam's eyes flit to the water kissing his pale toes, teasing. He's used to teasing.
"Tam! Tammy, don't stand there like a dimwit! Come swim with me! Tammy!"
Why won't he come to him? C'mon, old sport, play with me. He moves brown strands sticking to his lip, motions again. Hue loves his shy, his timidity, his flushed cheeks when he blows him an air kiss. Because in the end, he catches it.
snap!
A little piece of happiness shoved in his pocket, Tammy takes a chance and leaps into aquamarine. Huey's there to catch him, giggling the whole time. All they do is fall in the water, get the rush of the unknown, smile, laugh, and live. When the sun kisses the horizon, Tammy can taste the salty breeze. Huey points to a seagull and says some day, their music will take them there.
"Take us where?"
"Everywhere."
He can trust that. Huey knows it, snuggled and warmed by an oversized hoodie that feels just right on his wet body. As they slip on their ragged Chucks to go gorge on lemon tangerine ice cream, an impulse catches them off guard. Before Tammy can even sigh, Huey's lips are against his and they taste delicious. Sticky sweet, almost like bubblegum sweet. On his tiptoes, Huey's not sure if he can clutch to this piece of bliss for long, but he tries. Long arms agree fervishly, pulling him closer with a "Mhmm...". Everything, the beach twilight, the salty smell, the black cotton against soaked porcelain skin, is right. They pull away with sparks in their eyes, sparks of young love, and lop-sided smiles to match their hair.
love is fragile
like porcelain hearts
and masquerade smiles
Sign up to rate and review this story