Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > When you call, my heart stops beating

I am afraid right now, what if you let me down

by kristinluvspete 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-03-29 - Updated: 2008-03-29 - 1244 words - Complete

0Unrated
I opened my door and walked away. I didn't even want to see his face but I wanted to know what he wanted. Pete shut the door behind him and followed me to the couch. I just stared at my TV and I could feel his eyes on me. He didn't say anything for a good twenty minutes. He just sat and watched the TV with me. I will say that it was comforting just to have him here.

"What do you want Pete," I said as I shut off the TV. It almost made me mad that he wasn't saying anything.

"You," was all he said. I laughed at his comment.

"Wow, that's awesome Pete. What am I? Some kind of booty call?" I said sarcastically and threw the remote onto the coffee table.

"No, not at all. And I'm not seeing Ashlee if that's what you're thinking."

"Then why do you keep flaking on me? I mean, we sleep together and then I don't hear from you for days? Did you think it wouldn't bother me?"

"I'm just not ready, I told you that."

"Then why did you sleep with me? You should have something programmed into your brain called self control. You should use it sometime." I got up from the couch and opened the door. "You should leave."

"Kiley," he said and he shut the door gently. "Can we just start out dating, please?"

I didn't know what to do at this point. I mean, I was afraid that he was just putting some lines on me to keep me around for action. If he wanted my time, then he was going to work for it, make me believe what he's saying. Joe told me some of the greatest advice ever once and it's hard to follow when you like someone. Never believe anything a man says to you until he proves it. That's exactly what Pete was going to do, prove it.

"Look Pete, I don't want you to hurt me. I am tired of being everyone's rebound. I don't know if I can trust you after what you've done thus far. If you want to date me, if you have feelings for me then prove it. I don't think that you care about me at all so why should I agree when I feel that way." I opened the door once more. "Call me when you are ready to prove it to me. I don't want you around til you are ready to love me." I was holding back tears at this point. I hoped he didn't notice that my eyes were glassy, but failed miserably. He kissed me softly and gave me a hug before leaving. I shut the door behind him and the tears fell down my cheek. I immediately wiped them off, I wasn't going to cry over him anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pete didn't make contact with me the next day at all. That was expected because I knew he was just using lines on me. Joe came over today and we sat around watching TV. I decided to bring up Pete's behavior. He deserved to get in trouble now.

"So I think that Pete is just messing with my head," I said nonchalantly. Joe sat up.

"What? What did he do? I'll kill him!" He looked angry. He picked up his phone and dialed a number. "PETE! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" His voice trailed off as he walked out onto my front step. Fucker deserves to get yelled at by someone. I flipped from Jackass to HGTV. Joe hates this channel so I better get some time in with it before he stops yelling at Pete. It took him 5 minutes of yelling before he came back inside.

"Castrating him?" I asked before changing the channel back.

"No, the stupid bastard convinced me otherwise." What?

"How?" I looked over confused.

"Can't tell you. You'll find out."

"Oh come on Joe, you can't do that to a girl! Not tell her a secret that involves her! Tell me!" I threw a pillow at him and he shook his head.

"Nope, just wait and see." I frowed. You could never get a secret out of Joe if he didn't want to tell it. Now I was made that I brought Joe into it. I wish I didn't know something was coming. When was it coming? What was it going to be?

I continued to rack my brain for the rest of the day after Joe left. I wish I could turn my imagination off for just a little while so I could take a nap or something. All I could think about as I laid down and tried to nap was what was going to happen. And how the hell was Joe talked out of injuring him? I slowly drifted into sleep what seemed like hours later.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked into Starbucks the next day and ordered my usual white chocolate mocha with caramel and waited for it to be ready. I never ever sat down in Starbucks to drink my coffee and sometimes I wondered why. They had some pretty comfy couches. The barista called my name to let me know my drink was ready and there was a little note attached to my drink. I read it and instantly recognized the scribbles on the page.

Good morning

That's all that was written. Did he really think a good morning note would make it all better? Joe fell for this? I walked out of the store and back down the sidewalk to my place. There was a note taped to my door. I opened it and smiled.

I hope you're ready for a surprise

I was a little excited right now and I'm not gonna lie. After unlocking my door and walking in I gasped. A vase full of orchids and a big shiny wrapped box was sitting on my table. He was trying to buy my affect and I didn't really care right now. I love presents! After pulling off the paper and bow I was pleasantly surprised with a new laptop. He had put a note in the box.

Joe told me how you'd been complaining about needing something better to write on. I bought the best one available

It took me about twenty minutes to set it up and turn it on. All the software was already installed on the computer, which was awesome. A lot of times you had to install it when you opened the box and that took at least an hour. The wallpaper was a picture of us that day we went to the beach together. We were laying in the sand and we had our tongues sticking out. It was a great picture and made me smile. I pulled out my phone and dialed Pete's number.

"Hey, do you like it?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Pete you really shouldn't have, but yes I love it. I completely forgot about that picture of us."

"I thought you'd like it. I look at that picture everyday." AWWW! "Let me take you to dinner tonight."

I thought for a minute before agreeing. "Ok, I guess you deserve one date." He laughed.

"Good, and how is tonight around 8?"

"That works."

"I'll see you tonight then, bye," and with that we hung up the phone. Wonder what this man has cooked up in that dark head of his.
Sign up to rate and review this story