Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

Bothers and sisters, I'm right here with you.

by QuitLollygaggin 3 reviews

Jeph and Quinn share a heart to heart

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-04 - Updated: 2008-04-04 - 747 words - Complete

0Unrated
I took a along well needed rest on the bus ride. I woke up, to low moaning coming from the ground next to my bed. I opened the curtains that separated my bed from the rest of the bus, I looked down to see Quinn tossing and turning on the floor. I shook him gently. He stirred a little and mumbled something.
“Quinn.” I said shaking him some more. I opened one eye slowly and then the other. “Are you okay?” I asked. He nodded and sat up.
“How long have I been here?” He asked groggily. I shrugged my shoulders and got off my bed. I stood above Quinn and smiled.
“Why are you so damn happy?!” Quinn demanded.
“You guys can’t party so much.” I replied and stepped over Quinn and headed to the front of the bus. Dan sat in front of the plasma flat screen that hung high on the walls of the bus. He was playing Halo or something with guns. I glanced around the front of the bus. It was a mess. I started picking up things and throwing them away.
“Morning Sunshine!” Dan said cheerfully. I pulled an empty can from under his legs and shoved it into the garbage.
“Whatever.” I mumbled. “How much farther?”
“Oh I don’t know, couple more hours.” Dan replied, not taking his eyes from the TV.
“Where’s Bert?”
“Stop with the questions, man!” Dan said. “I have the worst headache!”
“Dan, shut up!” I said throwing a dirty sock at him. I ran towards the back before he could attack me. I tripped over Quinn and fell on top of him.
“Jepha!” He screeched. He pushed me up off him and sat up.
“Sorry.” I said ruffling his hair. He yawned and rubbed his face. I sat in front of him on the floor.
“Do you want to talk or something?” Quinn asked pulling his shirt over his head.
“Uh, why are you taking your shirt off?”
“It smells.” Quinn replied shoving it in my face. I pushed it back and coughed. It smelled so bad.
“Is that from tonight?” I asked waving my hand in front of my face to fan away the smell. Quinn nodded. “You’re sick.”
“You didn’t answer my question.” Quinn stated. I thought about it for a minute. Oh, yeah he wanted to know if I wanted to talk. I shrugged my shoulders.
“You seem upset about something.” Quinn continued. I couldn’t believe I was sitting, in front of Quinn Allman, the Quinn Allman I’ve known for all these years, and he wanted to know what was wrong. I shook my head in disbelief. “So you don’t want to?”
“If you want to listen.” I offered.
“I got some stuff on my chest too.” Quinn explained. “Let’s talk.”
Me and Quinn sat on the floor for two hours and spilled our hearts. I told him about the girl at the show. He told me about how he misses home. I said I did too. We both talked about how we missed the old Bert. The Bert that was in it for all the right reasons. We talked about how we missed Brandon and maybe we should call him later, just to say ‘Hi’. It felt good to know, even despite his actions, me and Quinn were on the same page.
I stood up and held my hand out to Quinn to pull him up. He grabbed my hand and I helped him up.
“Thanks.” I said.
“Yeah, that was nice.” Quinn replied.
“You know what I was thinking about earlier?”
“What?” He asked.
“Our first show.” For some reason I didn’t bring it up during our talk, maybe it just slipped my mind.
“Aw, man, I miss that day.” Quinn said smiling. I nodded and gave Quinn a hug.
“This band has been through a lot.” I said. “I guess we never thought about stopping and just talking to each other.”
“We were too worried about how much we’d make today, or how many people would show up.” I nodded approvingly.
“Next show, we should try and meet as many fans as possible.” I suggested.
“Yeah, let them know we still care.” Quinn agreed.
“We’re heeerrreeeeeeeeeee!!!!!” I heard Bert yell from the front of the bus. Quinn and I made our way to the front of the bus and I prepared my self for what tonight had
Sign up to rate and review this story