Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

Making Light Of These Dark Days

by QuitLollygaggin 2 reviews

"Any girl would kill to be here. Why me?"

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-05 - Updated: 2008-04-05 - 1457 words - Complete

0Unrated
I stood on stage playing ‘Cut up Angels’. Bert came by me and wrapped his arm around me, while singing. He kissed me on the cheek. The girls and the front row nearly passed out. I mean it wasn’t that big of deal, it’s not like he hasn’t done that before. Bert left and went and stood on the drum kit. I looked down the stage towards Quinn. He played his guitar and stared straight ahead. I followed his eyes up; he wasn’t staring at anything in particular, just straight ahead. I turned my attention back towards the crowd and kept playing. The song ended and Bert stopped to talk to the crowd for a little while.
I looked off stage to see Caitlin, the girl I met earlier. She waved and I smiled. I looked back at Bert, he was still rambling on, and so I quickly stepped off the stage to say hi to her.
“Enjoying yourself?” I asked. I wasn’t as nervous to talk to her anymore, thank god.
“Very much so.” She replied. “Any girl would kill to be here, why me?”
“Why not?” I responded and stepped back on stage. I looked over my shoulder. She stood there with the biggest smile on her face and she was blushing.
I looked over at Bert, he was still talking. I rolled my eyes and played a couple random chords on my bass, just so it wasn’t dead silence, other then Bert’s voice. Bert motioned for me to stop playing. I mouthed ‘Why’. He shot me a don’t-ask-questions-look. I shrugged my shoulders and stopped playing. Then he started singing ‘On My Own’, with no music. I stepped back and leaned against an amp. I closed my eyes and let Bert sing. He stopped every once in awhile to let the crowd sing. Right before the chorus we all joined in. That was Bert, always showing off. He always had to be the center of attention. So tomorrow when the fans were telling their friends about how amazing Bert sang ‘On My Own’, by himself. But not once would they mention how great the rest of the band played. Maybe a select few, but not all. I mean, I didn’t mind, at least I know I did my best to make the show go smoothly.
We ended our set and as usual Bert, Quinn and Dan threw everything around and walked off. I held onto my bass and stepped off stage. I stood in front of Caitlin and smiled.
“What?” She questioned.
“You are definitely really pretty.” I answered. She hit my playfully on the arm.
“What did I tell you earlier?” She asked
“And what did I tell you?” I put my arm around her shoulder and led her towards the back exit so we wouldn’t be attacked. We quickly exited and headed to the bus. I heard a few fans scream my name. I turned around and put up one finger to tell them I’d be there in a minute. I motioned Caitlin to get on the bus. She looked at me awkwardly.
“Go on.” I insisted.
“Are you sure?” She asked. “I mean I don’t think I should.”
“How come?” I asked.
“Don’t get me wrong, you’re nice and I appreciate all this,” She stopped.
“But?”
“Where do you see this going?”
“Where ever you want to take it.” I replied. Honestly, I wanted to date her. I was willing to make it work. We talked for a very long time before the show and I liked her a lot.
“How about we go on a few dates and if then I like you, we’ll date.” She offered. I explained to her earlier that this was our last date on the tour. So we were on break for awhile. I contemplated it in my head for a minute.
“Deal.” I said and gave her a hug. She pulled away and looked at me for a minute. I thought she was going to kiss me, so I leaned into her. She turned her face away.
“Too soon?” I asked. She nodded.
“Sorry.” She mumbled.
“I just thought,” I stumbled on my words. “I’m sorry.” I said. We stood awkwardly for a moment.
“Are we going on the bus now?” She asked. I nodded and motioned for her to get on. She stepped on and I followed behind her. I got on and looked around. It was a mess and I was really embarrassed, not to mention the smell wasn’t gone. I grabbed her hand and started pulling her off the bus.
“What? Why are we leaving?” She pulled away and looked at me curiously.
“This thing is disgusting. Let’s go.” I said.
“You don’t need to impress me.” She stated. She walked over to a couch and sat down. The couch was covered in bottles, food wrapper, drum sticks, guitar picks and papers. She sat down right on top of all of it. I laughed and sat right next to her.
“I’m going to get changed then I have to go meet some fans.” I told her. “You can stay here, unless you want to be interrogated by the rest of the guys. Or you can come with me.”
“I’ll stay, I’m sure I can handle them.” She said. “Plus, I’d rather be interrogated by them rather then fans.”
“Okay. I’ll be back in like a half hour.” I got up and headed to the back of the bus to change. I pulled on a black sleeveless muscle shirt and a pair of gym shorts. I walked back to the front of the bus.
“If you need me, just come get me.” She nodded and stood up. She looked down at her feet then looked up at me. Before I could react she pressed her lips against mine. I kissed her back softly. She pulled away and sat back down. I didn’t know what to say so I just smiled and walked off the bus. I got off and Bert was coming my way.
“Jepha! Ready to party!” Bert asked enthusiastically.
“No, not tonight.” I said. Bert just shrugged and walked around me. “Hey Bert,” I called after him. He spun around fast and looked at me.
“What?”
“Don’t bother that girl on the bus.” I instructed.
“Jepha, you know the groupie rule.” Bert whined.
“Shut up, she’s not a groupie.” I informed him.
“Fine, I’ll leave her alone.” Bert promised and stepped on the bus.


~Caitlin’s P.O.V~

I got up from the messy couch after Jepha got off. I really didn’t want to sit there, I just wanted to prove I wasn’t a pain. I stood there for a minute taking everything in. I can’t believe I kissed Jepha Howard, from the Used. I smiled to myself. The kiss was perfect. It wasn’t intense, it was sweet and innocent and I liked it. I think I just fell head over heels for Jepha. Before I had one of those crushes, that little ten year olds have on like the Jonas Brothers, but now it was a real crush.
I looked around the bus wondering what to do next. Maybe I’ll earn my keep and clean up a little bit. I’m sure the guys would enjoy it as well. I found an empty garbage bag and started putting things in it.
“You must be that girl.” Someone said. I looked up to see Bert. I smiled and set down the garbage bag.
“Yeah, that’s me. I’m Caitlin.” I said offering my hand for him to shake.
“Cool.” he said and walked right past me. I put my hand down and turned around.
“I hope you don’t mind that I’m cleaning up a bit.” I said.
“Whatever.” Bert said simply and walked to the back of the bus. I guess I didn’t have to worry about Bert. He didn’t seem to give a crap that I was here. I finished cleaning up and sat down on the now clean couch. I took out my Sidekick and IMed my best friend, Ashley.

Taste of Caitlin: Ashley! guess what?!
AshleyBaby: what?!
Taste of Caitlin: I’m on the Used’s bus!
AshleyBaby: no freakin’ way!
Taste of Caitlin: yeah and I kissed Jepha
AshleyBaby: you’re lying
Taste of Caitlin: I’m not.
AshleyBaby: I knew I should of came L
Taste of Caitlin: I’m sorry baby cakes.
AshleyBaby: well I have to go, Jason’s coming over.
Taste of Caitlin: Byeeee
Sign up to rate and review this story