Dumbledore makes a mistake, Thor makes a cameo, Harry takes a hike.
- -snicker- You have to love it when the wrath of god(s) literally does come down on leaders trying to put something over on the body politic. Dumbles was warned and even the Minister was warned but they just didn't believe; 'tis quite amusing to see them so rudely and easily disabused of their egotistical notions.
I had to love Harry's comment to Thor about restraining his impulses to smite everyone and just "do the leaders". I do have to wonder how many launderings it took after this for Cornelius and Albus to get clean underwear again (or clean robes if they don't bother with underwear). What's amusing is that no one ever seemed to figure on Harry having allies who'd provide the support he needed to let Tony know what was going down.
- PS. I have to admit that I flat-out loved Thor's comment to Dumbledore at the very end. Methinks the good professor really needs to reassess his vision of reality and perhaps nudge it into better conformation with an objective correlation of forces and powers rather than believing his own press; this kind of nonsense it not going to help his position at all.
Author's response- As I see it, the level of control that I have the Headmaster attempting to gain in this story is a pale imitation of the control he had in canon.
- That and I wanted people to remember that while Thor may come off as an amazingly powerful teddy bear in comics canon, he is in fact a warrior in the Norse tradition, which translates to he kills you, your family, all your relatives your neighbors and their pets.
(#) stealacandy 2008-04-07 12:17:58 PMI'd review the chapter, but it pales when compared to the author's note... Loved the author's note! Well... crap.
Anyway: "Thy make sense maiden?" doesn't sound too good.
How about: "Thy words maketh sense"? or "Thou maketh sense"? Or better yet "Thy words ring true" or something like that.
Author's response- Oh sure, where were you at three am when I was trying to write in Thor-eese.
- Seriously, when I do a reedit, "Thy words ring true" will be the new phrasing... And here I thought everyone would comment on crusty old Amelia being called a maiden...
- Still laughing. I do wonder where you can take this from here, as I don't see Harry returning to Hogwarts easily. Would have been cute to have heard more civil disobedience. And I wonder if Umbridge will be demoted for losing the boy who lived? nah. . . .
Author's response- Harry will return for the same reason he went in the first place... He's just angry right now.
- If you're a comics geek, you'll figure it out. If not, well, lets just say the Marvel Universe has Seers too... and theirs aren't soused on cooking sherry...
(#) CrimsonRogue 2008-04-07 01:25:16 PMI was reading this and found myself wondering if, instead of Thor being contacted, what if Henry McCoy was contacted and turned this over to his friend Logan? I can't see that ending well at all.
That being said, I would love to see some sort of friendly interaction between Harry and Wolverine.
Author's response- Harry went for Thor because (a Thor knows what it's like to have a protective father and (b he's a scary sumbitch.
- Logan on the other hand isn't normally all that scary looking, (other than when he's drenched head to toe in blood and grinning of course) In order for Logan to intimidate the Wizengamot Logan would have to actually start killing people...
- I've got a scene with Logan plotted out, but I don't know if I'll be able to use it.
(#) apocalypse_thou 2008-04-07 02:16:24 PMI love this story! I was just thinking the other day, "When the hell is this gonna be updated again?!", and then it was! It was like magic!
I loved the court scene. The Garfield comment made me laugh so hard that i actually choked. An Madam Bones' realization of who the muggle "Anthony" was was priceless!
Author's response- I'm glad someone liked the Garfield joke... It cracked me up...
- Ah, minor homonym typo here in Thor's lines, "Thou try my patients Mortals!” should be "Thou try my patience Mortals!” On the other hand, considering his alter ego's profession, perhaps that's not that bad a typo, if typo it is.
I still say I want to see the scene of Steve Rogers confront Dumbles and tell the real story about Grindelwald's death (as discussed some time back in CaerAzkaban).
Just a thought, at the rate this is going, how long before Dumbles "springs" Sirius and tries to use him to get control of Harry? I could see Sirius and Tony managing to get along quite well, though, and that could really make life interesting all around.
Author's response- The man is a surgeon after all...
- The Cap/Dumbles (re)meeting will be year 4 following the final task...
- Next chapter, thank you very much...
- Shakes head. And Dumbles is considered the premere wizard of Britain? Methinks the records need upgrading big time! You would have thought that having Tony Stark make his previous visit would have settle the matter already. I must admit though I rather wish that Thor had squashed Umbridge on the was out......but hopefully at some point she will be squished by someone! (crossing fingers) Thanks for the chapter!
Author's response- Umbridge's fate is uncertain, but she will not appear in this story again...
(#) red_jacobson 2008-04-07 08:01:15 PMGood to see that Umbitch won't be reappearing.
Glad to see a new chapter of this story; although I personally think this Dumbledore got off way too easily.
By the way; when you had Thor show up; I was expecting at least one "I Say Thee Nay!"
Author's response- I almost used "I say thee nay" but I was sure that doing so would unleash howls of anguish at the cliche...