Dumbledore makes a mistake, Thor makes a cameo, Harry takes a hike.
- Your authors note begets the question: Since you DID bring in the Marvel characters, and since Harry IS closely associated with them, and since he IS a child, why would the Avengers NOT intervene on his behalf and smite the bejeesus out of Moldyshorts?
I think that's something that is going to have to be dealt with in-story. I suppose you could attribute it to the prophesy. If, say, Thor DID smack the crap out of Voldemort, would it be a case of the immovable object versus the unstoppable force? A paradox of sorts that could spell the end of all mankind? Or could it even spark a chain reaction that could unravel the entire multiverse?
That then begs the question: Would knowledge of that possibility not drive Voldemort to greater acts of violence? If the Heroes are scared to fight him because defeating him could end all things, would he not push Harry and the wizarding world through more direct violence in order to lure Harry to his death? And, would not Harry's death be the very thing the Avengers need to defeat Voldemort? Fulfilling the prophesy, even by losing, would negate the paradox, allowing Roddle to be destroyed by someone else.
My head hurts now.
Author's response- Well, for now anyway, no one (other than Dumbles) knows that Tom is alive. As time goes on and he reappears, that may change, but for now they can't wrap Harry in cotton batting...
- Prophesies (yes multiple) will be a major part of the story as it continues. The one Dumbles has isn't all that important.
- Tommy isn't going to know and will be expending energy to get the canon prophesy, which Harry won't care about (or likely even know about)
- Neat. I was hoping to see a Thor appearance. Though now that Harry is leaving Hogwarts what will happen to those who remain their? Also will any of the brighter wizards realize that if Harry knows Thor he has a possible source for any and all lost norse magics and runes. Just a thought. anyways keep up the great work.
Author's response- No spoilers here.... You're going to have to keep reading...
(#) Meteoricshipyards 2008-04-10 08:51:51 AMGood chapter.
Warden . Loved Harry's response.
I'm probably biased by my exposure to Thor being the 60's TV cartoon and not the comics, but he never seemed that interesting a hero to me.
Liked Harry's actions at the "trial". Boy, did Dumbledore screw up. There was no way he could have kept Harry in England even if Harry had no super-powered help, unless he kept him locked up in Hogwarts and in whatever family that he was housed with.
Love the story, looking forward to more.
"Thou art a comely woman, and I deem thee a fierce fighter, not unlike the Valkyrie."
"Oh, you make me blush," Amelia answered the Thunder God.
Author's response- Warden seemed appropriate, also insulting to someone with such a high opinion of himself...
- In his own book, I was never that much of a fan... It got pretty silly there for a while, Beta-Ray Bill, The Frog of Thunder et al, Where Thor comes into his own as a being of power is when he is with the Avengers...
- Dumbles just hasn't quite figured out he isn't dealing with a helpless kid yet...
(#) Anaknisatanas 2008-04-12 02:23:43 PMGreat story. I really like how well you've blended the cross-over aspects and managed to keep the plot focused on Harry. I can't wait to see what will occur next. Will the Patils and Grangers visit at all over Christmas break?
(#) Anaknisatanas 2008-04-12 02:23:50 PMGreat story. I really like how well you've blended the cross-over aspects and managed to keep the plot focused on Harry. I can't wait to see what will occur next. Will the Patils and Grangers visit at all over Christmas break?
Author's response- In all honesty I spent a couple of weeks trying to write the chritmas break, and kept coming up with utter drek. So I scrapped the whole thing and jumped to April 1st...
- I have to say I really like Harry/Comic book crossovers, and this is a really good one. Harry strikes me as being exactly who Harry Potter would be if he was raised by Tony Stark and the rest of the avengers besides. That's pretty impressive.
Thanks for writing and sharing what you got so far. Cheers.
(#) HarryGinnyTonks 2008-06-03 12:23:02 PMI absolutely love this story. Your characterization of Harry is great, and his relationship with his father is very well done.
Ill admit, I have looked up a lot of of the cameos on wikipedia (took me a while to realize who Steve Rogers is...) but they are all very humorous, especially Thor's inadequately explained Shakespearean accent.
Keep up the excellent story, I look forward to the next chapter.
PS - The Talk Like a Pirate Day was brilliant, I was laughing hysterically and almost dropped my computer.
Author's response- I try to keep the Comics Geekiness to a minimum.
- The Gang on Caer Azkaban NG are responsible for that. Someone mentioned "Hermione Granger the Pirate Queen" and pointed out that "Talk like a Pirate" day was Hermione's Birthday... I just filed the serial numbers off and ran with it.