Categories > Original > Romance

Misery Business

by GhostInTheSnow_X 0 reviews

I’m in the business of misery Let’s take it from the top She’s got a body like an hourglass It’s ticking like a clock

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-04-07 - Updated: 2008-04-07 - 1522 words

0Unrated
I'm in the business of misery
Let's take it from the top
She's got a body like an hourglass
It's ticking like a clock

I watched the way she walked, her hips swaying provocatively her arms swinging loosely by her sides. She took long, confident strides, her high heels clicking against the wooden floor of the backstage area. She cast her eyes around the room, peering out at everyone from under layers of mascara, shooting me a dirty look as she made her way across the room.

It's a matter of time
Before we all run out
When I thought he was mine
She caught him by the mouth

I saw him standing at the other side of the room, leaning against the amps. His thick, dark brown hair flawlessly framing his face. His heavily inked arms were crossed over his perfectly toned chest. His eyes caught mine and he smiled, waving slightly. His smile was perfect, slightly crooked and seemed to make his whole face light up. I smiled back slightly, standing up to go over to him. His eyes shifted away from me, his smile suddenly doubling in size. She sauntered over to him; he threw his arm around her waist and pressed his faultless lips against her fake, painted ones. I swear you could hear my heart breaking all around the room.

I waited 8 long months
She finally set him free
I told him I couldn't lie
He was the only one for me

I'd watched him and her for the better part of the year. I had to sit through him droning on about every month's anniversary, and about how this might actually be the real thing this time. Obviously I smiled and sat through it all, nodding when necessary, holding back thoughts of how she didn't deserve him and telling him how happy I was for him. I always hugged him before he left, cried afterwards and told myself how I should get over him. On their 8 month anniversary, he came in as usual, but this time he didn't come bounding through the door attacking me with a hug and yelling about the funny things she'd done. Instead he came walking slowly through the door, closing it quietly behind him; he looked up into my eyes, telling me how he broke up with her, how he'd never loved herm how it had always been me. I could have died of happiness right then and there, staring into his eyes. I pressed my lips to his telling him that he was the only person that mattered to me anymore.

Two weeks
And we caught on fire
She's got it out for me
But I wear the biggest smile

From that moment on, everything went up. We spent almost all our time together, and I loved almost every minute of it. I loved just talking to him and not having to worry about him running off to meet someone else. I loved waking up with his arm held tight around my waist. I just loved him, with everything I had. I still saw her from time to time, and she still shot me the same dirty glances, the only difference being this time I smiled back, ginning like an idiot and tightening my grip on his hand.

Whoa well I never meant to brag
But I've got him where I want him now
Whoa it was never my intention to brag
Just to steal it all away from you now
But God does it feel so good
Because I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
Because god it just feels so
It just feels so good

From time to time he'd ask me if I'd ever felt guilty about her. I told him everything, about how, in my opinion, she'd never deserved him from the start and how I'd never liked her from the beginning. I told him that I had never meant to ruin someone's relationship, but that I wouldn't change any of it for the world, because in all truth, I'd never been happier.

Second chances
They don't ever matter
People never change
Once a whore
You're nothing more
I'm sorry
That'll never change

She soon started coming around to our apartment, talking to him, acting as if suddenly she was his best friend. He soon stopped talking to me as much, always wanting to spend time with her, because according to him "she was completely over him". I found it hard to believe her intentions were simply platonic; there was no way a Barbie doll like her would stand to be left for someone as plain as me. No I could tell that she wanted something more but I trusted him enough to see it in time.

And about forgiveness
We're both supposed to have exchanged
I'm sorry honey but I pass up
Now look this way

She sat me down one day in our apartment, mine and his; she'd been spending a lot of time there recently. She put on a sickly sweet smile, that didn't quite reach her eyes and started to tell me how she was sorry about everything she'd done or said whilst she was with him, and how she would really love it if we could be friends. I stared at her disbelieving, and walked over to the door opening it and telling her that if she wanted him I wasn't just going to roll over and let her have him. With that she stood up and left a shocked expression on hr cracking plastic face

There's a million other girls
Who do it just like you
Acting as innocent as possible
To get to who
They want or what they want
It's easy if you do it right
Well I refuse, I refuse
I refuse

For the next few months, her and I had an ongoing battle for him. Every time she asked him out for a coffee, I'd be sure to be feeling ill and him being as perfect as he was would always stay home with me. If she ever wanted him to go to a concert with him, I'd have rented out a stupid DVD and grabbed a blanket, ready to whine at him that I was cold. If things ever went that far, I'd be waiting in our apartment with a can of whipped cream. War had never been more fun for me.

Whoa well I never meant to brag
But I've got him where I want him now
Whoa it was never my intention to brag
Just to steal it all away from you now
But God does it feels so
It just feels so good feel so good
Because I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
Because god it just

Soon, she stopped calling, stopped coming around to our apartment, and just stopped talking to him all together. He asked me what I'd done, once again I told him everything, I could never lie to him. I told him everything she'd said to me, everything I'd ever said to her. I told him how I sorry, but I did for him, for us. He nodded, seeming to understand and pulled me close to his chest, pressing his lips to mine in a way he hadn't done since she came into our apartment that first day. I'd missed it more than I had realised.

I watched his wildest dreams come true
Not one of them involving you
Just watched my wildest dreams come true
And not one of them involving...

On our 8th anniversary he sat me down on our sofa we had been on exactly a year ago to that day. He looked me straight in the eyes and told me how he was sorry for anything he'd ever done that had hurt me, how he would only look after me and protect me from anything as long as we lived, if I agreed to marry him. He pulled out a ring, looking up at me, happiness shining through in his eyes as I nodded, throwing my arms around him. This was everything he and I had ever wanted.

Whoa well I never meant to brag
But I've got him where I want him now
Whoa it was never my intention to brag
Just to steal it all away from you now
But God does it feels so
It just feels so good feel so good
Because I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
Because god it just feels so

I never had to worry about anything from that day onwards. He kept his word, protecting me from anything life had to throw at us, and when our baby was born, he did the same for her. Sometimes he would go off on tour or to record but that didn't bother me so much. I knew in the back of my mind that Oli Sykes would always be mine.

It just feels so good
Sign up to rate and review this story