- After telling us on Caer Azkaban that we shouldn't expect a big deal on the potions class you give us this???
I am really looking forward to a chapter when you tell us it will be 'huge' ;-))
Still a great story! Keep going!!!
Author's responseHeh Heh Heh!
Actually; I wasn't certain what was going to happen in the class until I got to the point of Neville helping Ron. And Neville decided he wasn't going to put up with the bat, so he took over that part of the story GRIN
(#) Clell65619 2008-04-08- What can I say but 'Woo Hoo Neville.' I have long thought he should have been the star of the series... Well done.
Author's responseThank you Sir; I'm glad you are enjoying the story.
I'm getting started on Chapter 6 now, so I hope to post it later today.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-04-08Interesting update, I'm somewhat surprised that Snape went after Neville rather than some imagined slight committed by Harry, but I guess Harry was doing so well that even Snape couldn't misinterpret any of his actions.
Looking forward to more.
Author's responseWell, Snape wanted to go after Harry, but, Neville caught his attention, and set him off.
Thanks for the review, and I'm working on the next chapter now.
- Now that was lovely....... I always enjoy seeing Snape treated as he deserves! It's also nice seeing Dumbles getting the facts explained with such skill. Defeinately a fun chapter! Many thanks to you for posting this!
Author's responseYeah; a good Snape spanking is always fun GRIN
Glad you are enjoying the story
- An interesting take on someone knowing the rules of society using them against them.
Author's responseYeah, I figure that Neville, being the head of the Longbottom Family in his old world, and, at least potentially the Family Head in this world, would be quite skilled at flexing his muscles as needed.
- I've seen 'do-over' stories where Harry wound up in a world that had Neville as the Boy Who Lived, but this is the first one I've ever seen that had Neville going back, and finding a world where Harry was the Boy Who Lived.
Kudos on a great idea.
Author's responseThanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it
- OMG!!! hugsss Neville's head at the Snape smackdown**
The backhanded Dumblesmack! is pure icing on a sweet treat. I'll just bet that manipulative old bastard doesn't want anyone else to be able to defang his pet Snape. Looking forward the the more!
Author's responseActually; I'm writing Dumbledore right now, and, once again going where the characters lead me, Albus really isn't that much of a MOB in this story. He's just a very powerful old man who has a duty to perform, and it sometimes causes him to forget that there are people's lives being affected.
Honestly, I'm not certain I could write a MOB Albus even if I tried, and, there are enough stories where he is one that I don't feel the need to force him into that mode for this story.
(#) Wonderbee31 2008-04-08Very nice, and great to see how things went in potions this time, and honestly looking forward to what all Albus will try to do to control Harry, and it looks like Neville as well from the way things are going. Wonder how Halloween will play out now, and what this will mean as the year goes on.
Author's responseThanks for your feedback, and, as I mentioned above, I'm not writing Albus as a MOB in this story, he's just a man who sometimes loses sight of the individuals who are affected while he is concentrating on the big picture. This isn't really a bad thing, when you are a General in a wartime situation; but not when you are Headmaster of a school.
- A wonderful chapter and I love the way you're writing Neville. I do hope he'll manage to continue to "mentor", for the time being, Harry and Hermione without exposing himself. I believe that adjucation process was used in Seel'vor's "Harry Potter and the Quantum Leap", http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3951749/1/ , though I'm sure there are likely other uses.
Author's responseWell, it's funny that you mention Neville exposing himself (and not like that you pervs! GRIN) I am still working on Chapter 6, and, it turns out that Hermione and Harry noticed quite a few things when Neville didn't think they were watching, and are asking him about it!
I'll have the chapter up before I go to bed tonight, so you can see what I am talking about.
Thanks for the link, I've added it to my authors notes, so proper credit can be given.
Sign up to review this story.