Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Woke Up Next To You

Chapter Two

by frankxgerard 0 reviews

All Mikey wants when he gets back from hiatus is some peace and quiet, but when he finally does get what he wants, will it be what he expected? (Slash, slightly strange pairing)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-04-08 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 387 words

0Unrated
The day went by, and before Mikey knew it, he was the guest onstage, bass strap chafing against his neck with the sweat, and wristband abrasive on his skin. He stared out at the crowd and gritted his teeth, not out of spite; it was just his movement. There was really no reason he didn’t smile on stage a lot. He just didn’t. Just like Frank and Gerard didn’t seem to be able to keep their hands off each other. No reason.

He couldn’t quite get the hair out of his face, so he gave up, stretching one leg as his fingers worked against the metal frets of his familiar. He tried not to think about the fans. He tried not to think about his brother, up there being by rejected by so many, but accepted by even more. Every day, Gerard could get up on that stage and sing his lungs raw, sing until the lyrics felt like they were ripped straight out of his heart, and he could do it every single night. Sometimes the man would retire for the night feeling like he had nothing to do with it anymore, like he wrote the songs for the people taking them from him. He’d be so tired afterward he would forget that he was the one who the songs were meant for, and Mikey just didn’t understand why he’d wanted this life so bad. But that was when he had to stop thinking. If he thought about it too much, he may just go back to the way he was years before, and he’d have to give it up again. Gerard couldn’t deal with that.

Mikey turned to his right, glancing behind the equipment boxes, instrument racks, and techs. He could see Alicia and his and Gerard’s mother, watching like it wasn’t the twentieth time they’d seen My Chemical Romance in concert. Yeah, cause that was how great Gerard was at what he did. He was a performer, and he knew it.

Mikey took a breath and stepped down stage a few feet, closer to the crowd. It had been too long. Too long, and not long enough. When did Gerard ever get a break from the attention? Or did he want it?
Sign up to rate and review this story