Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If I Woke Up Next To You

Chapter Five

by frankxgerard 0 reviews

All Mikey wants when he gets back from hiatus is some peace and quiet, but when he finally does get what he wants, will it be what he expected? (Slash, slightly strange pairing)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-04-08 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 469 words

0Unrated
Alicia’s phone calls weren’t very comforting. Listening to Gerard talking to his new, so-called ‘long-term’ girlfriend wasn’t very comforting either. He went out to lunch a few times by himself, but he couldn’t get his mind straight.


“Hey, Mikey. Just called to let you know I’m out with LynZ for a while, but you didn’t answer... I’ll be back in an hour or so. Bye-- Oh, and this is Gerard.”

Mikey sighed and closed his phone. The hotel room was lonely and cold. Mikey wrapped the sheets around his shoulders and shivered. He rolled over onto his back and stared at the ceiling, taking a deep breath and licking his dry lips. There was a glass of water on the bedside table, but he didn’t touch it. He sat up on the edge of the bed and stretched. He couldn’t sleep at all. He pulled on his discarded jeans from the floor and stepped out into the dim hall. He sat down outside his door and stared at the carpet.

Minutes passed and the door across from his opened. He jerked his head up and was staring up at Adam.

“You okay?” Adam asked.

“Yeah. ‘M fine,” Mikey answered. “Just couldn’t sleep.”

“Me too.” Adam crossed the hall and sat down next to Mikey against the door. He was holding his sunglasses. “So how’ve you been? I mean, with Alicia and all. Heard you got hitched.”

Mikey realized he hadn’t talked to Adam a lot about what had been going on recently, even though they’d spent almost a week of time together. “Oh. Yeah… Just got back.”

Adam nodded. “Nice girl. A lot of people get depressed after they get married, you know. It’ll pass. And if it doesn’t, there’s always Bob.”

Mikey shoved him gently, scoffing. Adam smirked. They were interrupted a moment later when voices came from the end of the hall. Adam pulled his legs in, and pushed Mikey back, peeking around the corner. It was Gerard’s voice, laughing. Then a higher voice spoke. LynZ.

Adam made a face, turning to Mikey. He made smooching noises and fluttered his eyelashes. Immature, Mikey thought fondly.

A single door closed and the voices with it.

“I don’t even want to know,” Mikey said. Adam looked like he did.

Mikey yawned and stretched.

“You know, I think you might be able to get some rest now,” Adam said, patting Mikey’s shoulder and standing up, helping Mikey to his feet. He smiled and held open Mikey’s door for him when Mikey opened it with the key.

“Goodnight,” he muttered, holding up a hand.

“Night, Adam,” Mikey returned, and then Adam closed the door.

Mikey was asleep in under five minutes.
Sign up to rate and review this story