Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

I'd Rather Shut My Eyes

by QuitLollygaggin 2 reviews

Everyone's miserable. Caitlin has a secret.

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-10 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 1022 words - Complete

0Unrated
AN: This is short. Also, this is the only time it will be in Caitlin's POV again. I wanted to let you guys know whats going on with her. There will be more very soon as well. I went and saw the Used for the first time last night, so I got a lot of inspiration and ideas.


Caitlin's POV

I stepped off the bus and looked around. The area that was once packed with desperate fans was now vacant. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialed a number.
"Babe, where are you?" His voice was dry and weighed down by sleep.
"At The Used show still, come get me." I replied. He sighed and said he was on his way. I shut my phone and put it back in my pocket. I took one last look at the bus and headed towards the front of the venue.

Jepha's POV

I got up from the couch and sat at the small table. Bert came from the back of the bus and sat across from me. He tucked his dirty, greasy and uncombed hair behind his ears and put a cigarette between his lips.
"We're getting a hotel tonight, well for the week." He said, trying his best not to let the cigarette hit the table.
"Okay." I said. Bert lit the cigarette and inhaled deeply. He held it for awhile before blowing it out in one quick exhale. I grabbed his lighter from in front of him and played with it for awhile.
"You're gonna waste it." Bert yelled snatching it from me. I let the lighter fall into his hands without a fight. "What's your problem?"
"Nothing." I replied quickly. Bert glared at me. I shook my head and stood up. "Miss that girl already?" Bert assumed.
"No, not really. Just tired." Bert nodded his head as if he was saying 'Yeah, sure'. I propped my elbow on the table and laid my hand on it. Bert got up from the table and stood above me.
"You really need to party." Bert suggested.
"Would you stop?!" I yelled. "I don't want to party!"
"I'm just saying." Bert threw up his hands in defense. "You seem so miserable lately."
"I said I was tired." I replied aggravated.
"Whatever." Bert said and walked off the bus. I laid my head on the table. I have no idea what's wrong. It's not Caitlin and I'm not that tired. I really don't know what it is. I'm just not in a good mood, I guess. I pushed my hair out of my face and lifted my head off the table. I took out my phone and decided to text Brandon. I don't what made me, I just wanted to.
Hey. I texted and hit send. I set my phone on the table. I looked around the empty bus, maybe I was just bored.

Caitlin's POV

His car halted to a stop in front of me. I opened the door to his 2008 Explorer Hybrid and slid into the passenger seat. Before I had a chance to close the door, his lips were already pressed against mine and his hands were running up and down my back. He pulled away and smiled. I closed the door and buckled my seat belt.
"I missed you." He said sweetly.
"I was only gone a few hours, Brandon."

Jepha's POV

The bus pulled up to our hotel. We grabbed our stuff and got off.
"Want to share a room?" Quinn asked falling in step with me. I lifted my book bag higher onto my shoulders.
"Sure." I replied and walked into the hotel. It was just as over the top and immaculate as the last one, no surprise there. Dan walked to the reception desk and checked us all in. He gave me a card and kept one for himself.
"Bert, are you okay with rooming with Dan?" Quinn asked. Bert just nodded and took off towards the elevator. We all trudged after him, none of us seemed happy. We were all tired and it showed. I kept my mouth shut on the way to my room. One wrong move or word and one of us would blow up. I watched the numbers go up as we rode the elevator. Dan tapped his drumsticks on everything, Bert hummed softly in his head and Quinn leaned against the wall with his eyes closed.
"Dan! Stop it!" Bert yelled. Dan looked over at him and rolled his eyes. He continued to tap things. "Dan!" Bert screeched and pulled his drumsticks out of his hands. Dan quickly grabbed them back from Bert and drummed louder this time.
"I mean it Dan." Bert warned. "Sleep with your eyes open."
"Both of you stop it!" Quinn said aggravated. He stood up straight and opened his eyes. I shoved my hands in my pockets and kept to myself.
"Stay out of it Allman." Bert said.
"You guys are acting like you're five, grow the hell up!" Quinn said raising his voice slightly. Bert stepped closer to Quinn. Quinn crossed his hands over his chest and stepped closer to him.
"Stay out of it!" Bert warned again, this time he pushed Quinn back slightly. Quinn balled up his fist at his side.
I placed my hand on Quinn's shoulder, he looked at me. I shook my hand and he stepped back. The elevator doors opened and we got off.
"Bert, calm down. Dan, stop drumming. Quinn, take a deep breath." I instructed them all. They all looked over at me in shock. I guess because I really haven't said much the last few days. I've been trying to keep to myself, now you see why.
"Please guys," I pleaded. Bert apologized to Dan and Quinn.
"We all need to chill out." I said. I took a deep breath and went to find my room, leaving them all standing there.
I can't be around these guys tonight. They are way to miserable and I didn't want them to ruin my night, like it isn't already. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty miserable myself.
Sign up to rate and review this story