Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Calls, Conversations And Contentment

by fob2adelaide 0 reviews

Pete comes to meet Greg and Liz and Emily is excited about the date coming up with Patrick...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-04-11 - Updated: 2008-04-11 - 895 words - Complete

0Unrated
After a few long days of bed rest, Emily was finally out of bed and enjoying it immensely. Having had to lie there for what seemed like forever had made her realize that she had taken the freedom of getting out of the house for granted. Now she was back at The Metro and enjoying this freedom to a great extent. Emily was also pleased because she had been given the permanent position of Guitar Tech at The Metro and this was her dream job. If the tachycardia decided to stay away (which was what the doctor had said), Emily knew that she would be very happy with life as she now had this job, was staying in America and was going to go out with Patrick also.

As Emily checked the amp setups for the band playing that night, she thought back to when Patrick had rung later on in the day as promised in the surprise phone call. She had been waiting for the call as she was drawing a sketch of the Clayton’s cat which was curled up at the end of her bed. Sarah meanwhile had been painting her fingernails, which she had told Emily would impress Pete, when Emily’s cell phone had rung. Sarah had nearly spilt the nail polish all over her as the phone had lit up and began ringing. She had then emitted a great screech, which was the first thing Patrick had heard as Emily answered the phone.
“What was that?!” He had said to her.
Emily had laughed, “Just Sarah freaking out…it’s alright, she’ll survive.”
“No I won’t!” Sarah had yelled so Patrick could hear.
Emily and Patrick had then had a quick conversation on the phone about arrangements for the date and then they had chatted for what Sarah had said was ‘forever’ before finally hanging up…something Emily hadn’t wanted to do.
Plugging a few cables into the amps, Emily couldn’t believe that she had been so determined to not like one of the guys of Fall Out Boy. At the time she had thought that she would only solely like them for their music and she had believed that they wouldn’t even take a look at someone working at the venue they were playing at. Little had she known that that was untrue and that Patrick would like her…would want to ask her, Emily Roberts, out.

After a long day at The Metro, Greg and Emily returned home to see Sarah and Liz sitting in the lounge…with Pete. Emily was a little surprised; she hadn’t known that he would be at the Clayton’s, nor that he would be meeting Sarah’s parents so early in their relationship.
Greg shook hands with Pete before sitting down next to Liz and then Emily and Pete greeted each other before she too sat down.
”Well this is a surprise,” Greg remarked to no one in particular.
Sarah must have thought she’d have to be the one to reply so she said, “Mom wanted to meet Pete so I invited him over.”
Greg nodded and there was an awkward silence where no one talked. Emily decided to break the silence so she spoke up, “Are you guys playing any more gigs?” She asked Pete. It was one of the few questions she hadn’t asked Patrick on the phone the night before.
Pete turned to look at Emily and seemed grateful for the break of the quietness. “Those were our last shows for a while,” he remarked, “Patrick’s getting stuck into writing some new songs right now.”
“That’s who Em’s going out with,” Sarah said to Liz.
Emily blushed and Pete laughed.
Liz smiled, “Oh yes,” she said looking surprised at Emily.
Emily nodded, “Yeah. I am, thanks Sarah.”
Sarah giggled, “No problem.”
Suddenly Emily’s cell phone rang and Sarah, not screeching this time said, “I bet that’s him now!”
“Watch it!” Emily said laughing before taking the call in her room.
Sarah had been wrong, it wasn’t Patrick, it was her mum on the phone.

Pete stayed for dinner but had to head off shortly afterwards and so Emily found herself waiting for Sarah to come back inside from saying goodbye to Pete. After a few minutes Sarah came dashing inside with a smile on her face.
“I take it that you had a nice goodbye then?” Emily said sarcastically.
“Oh yeah,” Sarah said collapsing on the couch, “I’m so happy that we’re together.”
Emily flopped down next to her, “I know, today I realized that I was stupid to think I wouldn’t fall for Patrick…and that there wouldn’t be a chance that he’d fall for me.”
“Well I kept on telling you that you’d be with him,” Sarah said seriously but then grinned, “And I’m always right.”
“Totally,” Emily said in an over the top voice.
The two girls cracked up and then settled in to watch a movie. Just before it came on Emily said to Sarah, “Tomorrow night is the date with Patrick.”
“Bet you can’t wait,” Sarah said making herself comfortable on the couch.
Emily smiled and nodded and as the movie began she whispered to herself, “Yeah, I can’t wait…”
Sign up to rate and review this story