Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Ignition

by youkai_girl 1 review

Written for the Week 15 prompt at bleach_contst on LJ: Angelou quote. Actual quote is in the author's note. Set at the end of the war, Ichigo has become embittered. Lots of angst, slight Ichigo/B...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Kurosaki Ichigo - Published: 2008-04-12 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 246 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ignition
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. I only play with them for fun.

A/N: Written for the Week 15 prompt at bleach: contest: Angelou quote. The actual quote is: “Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.” Set at the end of the war, Ichigo has become embittered. Lots of angst, slight Ichigo/Byakuya.

0o0o0o0o0o

The war had cost Ichigo nearly everything. His family, his friends, his comrades. All he had left was his lover. With each loss, he had slowly withdrawn from those who remained, attempting to create a distance between his soul and the pain of losing another. His scowl, always ever-present, was now etching into his face as if by acid; embittered by battle.

Now that he was finally facing the author of his misery, the substitute shinigami felt the rebirth of his anger, which had slowly been leached by the grind of the war. Seeing Byakuya fall beneath Aizen's zanpaktou, the rage burst free, blinding him.

He would never recall any of the battle that followed, ending with the disgraced former captain lying strewn across the battlefield in several bloody pieces. The next thing he knew, he was kneeling next to his lover, finding Byakuya still alive. Relieved, feeling cleansed by the traitor's death, Ichigo suddenly remembered how to smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story