Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Doushite

Chapter 4

by MasterBakatare-san 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Sasuke - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 1292 words

0Unrated
MasterBakatare/GeeksRULE
February 2008
Somewhere
Douishite

Thoughts
Flashbacks

Chapter 4: Ten times a day

Ramen

"Ah! That was wonderful, Naruto!" The speaker patted her stomach contentedly.

"Good." The ninja-boy said, "'Cause you're paying!" He ran off, leaving the woman there in the stand.

Shaking her head, she took out the purse out of her robe and took out the correct currency for that village, "Why, that rascal!"

Thanking the woman at over the counter, she walked slowly out of the small ramen stand. Naruto... She thought warmheartedly I can't believe he ate three bowls and left me there to pay for everything! Sighing, she folded her arms across her chest and turned east. She felt like wandering that evening; her mind was unsettled, and she could never sleep when she was like this.

Looking around, she let her senses roam the area. Feeling that no one was there, she called on the wind to find where Sasuke was at the moment.

Almost in no time at all, she felt the winds wrap around her body softly, as if trying to soothe her tense body. 'forest,' she heard in her mind. Almost like holding a child in a warm embrace, she caressed the wind, thanking it for helping her. She could almost feel its hesitance to leave her, but she managed to convince it that she would be fine.

Using her Kitsune magic, she teleported herself to the place that the wind indicated the Uchiha was. Although she was training them, she was no ninja.

"Uchiha!" She stated firmly, watching as he jolted up from his spot and looked around trying to find her. Jumping down from the tree she was currently in, she shook her head, "My, my, Uchiha. I'm disappointed that you didn't sense me earlier! I'll just have to work you extra hard tomorrow!"

He growled at her in an attempt to intimidate her. "Let's get this freaking over with, sensei." Sasuke looked rather menacing, but this only made Kagome laugh.

"Before we jump into anything, Uchiha, I want you to know why I am doing this."

"Whatever, sensei, as long as it's quick."

She smiled at him (for the first time, Sasuke noticed), before patting the soft ground next to her, offering him a seat. As hesitant as he was, he obliged her, sitting down. She seemingly realized that he didn't want be sitting there and thanked him softly. "Orochimaru gave you that mark." Seeing him nod, Kagome sighed, "I figured. I always felt a bad vibe from him... Although, I should have suspected something when he was in my old village and he was harassing Ani-ue."

Sasuke was curious about her brother but decided that he would have to ask about him later. "Get on with it, sensei."

Resting her on the tree behind them, she closed her eyes. "Yes, yes... So impatient, Uchiha! Very well then. It all began roughly 300 years before any of this existed."

"And how old are you?" Sasuke suddenly asked.

"289 in human years and 17 in demon years. If I were going by the fact that I am an immortal, then 289 years is like nothing." Sasuke blinked in shock but nodded, asking her to continue. "Well, anyway, when I was still a normal human girl, at the pleasant age of 15, I was transported to an era known as 'Sengoku Jidai.' If you have never heard of it, that's okay. It isn't from this realm. I was from a different realm, you see, as strange as it sounds. It was one without ninjas or any kind of jutsu.

"Anyway, I was transported by a well on the grounds that I lived on. It took me back to Sengoku Jidai, the period in history where demons ruled. My ani-ue was one of the Taiyoukai who ruled a portion of the lands.

"To make a long story short, There was an ancient artifact that I had broken and I had to find all of the pieces, which, because it was a magical item, was rather hard to find. It had spread over the lands, but luckily, I had a group of friends with me. There was a monk, who reminds me of Kakashi, a demon slayer, an orphaned Kitsune kit, which is probably why I like Naru-kun so much, an inu-hanyou, and a small fire neko.

"We ended up having to fight an evil shape-shifting hanyou who nearly killed us all. Thankfully, ani-ue came to the rescue. He had me channel my holy energy into his sword, and then he launched an attack at the evil bastard.

"It all ended well, and we all recovered... The artifact we had been collecting, a small jewel called the Shikon no Tama, was finally put together and we were all so happy..." Sasuke watched intently as tears gathered in her eyes. "A wish was supposed to be made on it. I was going to give it to the inu hanyou who had wanted it to resurrect his dead lover, who was my incarnation.

"He did just that, but something unexpected happened; while it, indeed, worked, it took my soul from me. This was probably because the soul was originally hers, but in doing so, I got a new soul. It just happened to be better than the original... Well, I like to think so, anyway. Then, Ani-ue took me, his adopted daughter, and the Kitsune kit that was like my son, aside.

"Ani-ue asked if we wanted to be bonded, which is why I am part kitsune and inu akurei. So we were bonded, and at the end of the session, a voice echoed through all of our minds speaking in the ancient tongue of the akurei. It told us that we were not done yet, and that we must be taken to another realm, here, obviously, where we were to defeat a new budding evil: Orochimaru and his right hand man, Kabuto.

"We agreed, and next thing we knew, we found ourselves in the middle of nowhere. We established ourselves a few cottages... Well, Ani-ue made them, really. And soon, wanderers began making residences with us and ani-ue had to make even more cabins, and before we knew it, we were our own village. Ani-ue became the leader since he had the most experience owning land, and soon, Orochimaru came to us because he had heard of Ani-ue and of how powerful he was.

"The evil hebi offered Sesshomaru a 'place in his ranks,' which of course he refused, which made Orochimaru upset. He tricked my kit, and gave him a mark just like yours. I knew what he was trying to do, and it devastated me. I worked for months on end to get the cure, and when I finally did, it was the happiest day on little Shippo's life. And from that day, I decided that if I ever met anyone else with that wretched curse mark, I would free them from Orochimaru's slimy grasp."

Sasuke's mind went blank, "You were able to find the cure within months?"

Kagome shrugged, "Yeah, so?"

He shed his shirt and angled his neck toward her, "Nothing, just get rid of it."

Cracking her knuckles, she grinned, "Sounds good to me!"

Ijou-desu

MB: There... The next chapter will be all about the ritual. Sorry this came late. Yesterday (when I was SUPPOSED to update) I had activities with less the fifteen minutes apart starting from 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. (11 is when the last thing ended, of course), so I had no time to write.

GR: It's all true, I was there. The second update should be posted by Tuesday.

MB: Oh! And a surprise for you all next chapter! 'The relationship between MB and GR: friends or... family?'
Sign up to rate and review this story