Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > . . . Fly like an Angel. . .

Piecing together the past

by Meg2005 0 reviews

Brendon gets to know Grace just a little better.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-14 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 2557 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brendon was woken up the next morning to the guitar once again as Grace sat in the chair by the window, this time Grace was singing.

“Drew looks at me; I fake a smile so he won’t see.
That I want and I need everything that we should be
I’ll bet she’s beautiful. That girl he talks about
And she’s got everything that I have to live with out

Drew talks to me, I laugh cause it’s so damn funny
That I can’t even see anyone when he’s with me
He says he’s so in love, he’s finally got it right,
I wondering if he knows he’s all I think about at night

He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He’s the song in the car I keep singing don’t know why I do

Drew walks by me; can he tell that I can’t breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She’d better hold him tight, give him all the love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she’s lucky cause

He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He’s the song in the car I keep singing don’t know why I do

So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I’ll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight

He’s the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who’s got enough of me to break my heart.
He’s the song in the car I keep singing don’t know why I do
He’s the time taken up, but there’s never enough
And he’s all that I need to fall into…

Drew looks at me; I fake a smile so he won’t see.”

Brendon walked over and sat next to her by the window. He put his arm around her shoulder as she dropped her head to his, ‘who’s Drew?’

‘He’s a boy that I grew up with. I always had this big crush on him but I never told him. We were such good friends; I was so scared to tell him because I knew that if I did we wouldn’t have been friends any longer and I figured I’d rather have him as a friend then nothing at all.’

‘I’m sure he would have loved you.’

‘He wasn’t into girls like me. He liked girls that were perfect, flawless, girls that had this natural beauty to them. He wasn’t into the jeans and tee shirt kind of girl.’

‘Grace you’re beautiful you would have knocked him off his feet.’ Brendon said, ‘Did you write that song?’

‘Yeah, I’m not sure why or where it came from but it made me feel better to get it out in the open.’

‘I understand.’ Brendon smiled.

‘You’d better go you’re going to be late for therapy. Don’t let me hold you up.’ Grace smiled holding back her tears.

‘Alright, I’ll be back soon.’ Brendon said as he started out of the room. Grace turned and looked out the window into the beautiful sunlight.

‘So Brendon, I have a couple of questions first just to get to know you a little better.’ Dr. Wax said.

‘Alright.’ Brendon said as he sat on the couch.

Therapy went on for an hour, Brendon was there but mentally he was thinking about Grace. She was seemingly perfect to him, he couldn’t figure out why he couldn’t find a girl like that under regular circumstances, ‘Dr. Wax, can I ask you a question? Brendon said interrupting the doctor as he talked to Brendon about the accident.

‘Sure Brendon, what’s on your mind?’ he asked.

‘Do you believe in Angels?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Guardian angels?’

‘They are completely illogical but if it helps you out then sure. Why do you ask?’

‘I think I have an angel, she’s beautiful, I wish for nothing more than to be able to help her. I really wish that I could have met a girl like that before the accident, she’s the type of girl that can make anything and everything okay ya know?’

‘I get it Brendon, I understand,’ The doctor smiled, ‘Well times up, I’ll see you again tomorrow.’

Brendon walked back down towards his room grabbing a magazine with tom Brady on the front of it on his way, ‘Hey.’ Grace said as he shut the door behind him.

‘Hey.’ Brendon said opening the magazine and lying on the bed.

‘What are you reading?’

‘An article about your brother.’ Brendon said softly not taking his eyes off the magazine.

‘Which one?’

‘Sports illustrated.’

‘Oh, I liked that article. I think he talks about me in that article.’

‘That’s what I was hoping for,’ Brendon said, ‘here you are.’

‘My sister is the person that keeps me going every day; she’s my inspiration. If I have a bad game or make a bad play I don’t worry about what coach has to say but the beating I’m going to get out of the box after the game but at the end of the day she keeps me going.’

‘He’s such a dork.’ Grace said with a smile on her face.

‘Since she’s been gone I’m learning to do things on my own. I’m doing my own laundry now. It’s hard, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t miss her antics, or her guitar hero playing on the TV. She was an awesome guitar player she taught herself when she was 13. Just the little things that no one notices until someone’s gone; that’s what I miss the most about her.’

‘So I did learn to play guitar.’ Grace said.

‘I have an idea.’ Brendon said getting up quickly and walking out of the room. He walked down the hall and into the room with the TV and picked up every magazine with Tom Brady in or on it and walked to the desk.

‘Can I have some scissors, some glue, and some paper?’ he asked. The woman gave him a weird look before handing him a basket. Brendon walked back into the room and cracked the door.

‘What are you doing?’

‘I’m going to get to know you better.’ He said as he started cutting out every piece of information he found out about Grace.

Two hours later there were different sized pieces of paper scattered around Brendon’s room as he has pages and pages of little snippets glued on to the pages.

‘I think I’ve been through every article in every magazine.’ Brendon said as he and Grace lay on the floor.

‘Why are you doing this?’ Grace asked.

‘Because I want to know you and I guess this is the only way to get to know you.’ He said looking over at her.

Grace sat down next to him and looked at the white computer paper with scattered pieces of magazine glued in random order, ‘Oh man, I never knew he talked about me so much.’ Grace smiled.

‘It seems like you were a pretty important person in his life.’

‘Yeah…’Grace said trailing off as she picked up a sheet of paper with a picture of the two on it. Tom stood at his normal tall frame towering over Grace’s apparent 5’2” frame. Grace took a minute to examine the picture. She had never realized how much she and her brother looked a like. Grace’s pin straight hair was blowing in the breeze. It was the same shade of crayon brown as Tom’s with some high lights from her professional coloring job. Her blue eyes were a bit brighter than Tom’s as they were her most defined body part. She seemed to be just like Tom, an average, all American girl that spent her days laughing with her brother. Though there were some things about her that every American Girl didn’t have. The oversized bright blue hobo purse complete with the pink iphone, that hung to her right side was not average. The true religion jeans she had with various holes in different places, almost as if they were disposable, Her Prada sunglasses. Anyone looking at the young beauty could tell she wasn’t just your average American girl. Along with the Navy blue patriots shirt with Brady stenciled on the back, proved she was almost like American royalty.

‘You have quite the style.’ Brendon joked.

‘Those are my favorite jeans. I told Tom that if I ever died I wanted to be buried in them.’ Grace said referring to the jeans in the picture as well as the jeans she was wearing.

‘I was trying to figure out why you looked so casual,’ Brendon laughed, ‘so there is one more thing that I found out there.’

‘What is it?’

‘It’s an article that your brother wrote about you.’

‘Oh.’

‘Some sports writer helped him. I guess he was close to your brother or something. It’s kind of a tribute that he and your brother wrote in the paper in Boston.’ He said referring to the article Tom and Dan Shaunessy had written.

‘I want to read it.’ Grace said.

‘Well here’s the paper that I glued it to. I’m going to get a snack.’ Brendon said as he got up and started out of the room.

‘Saturday, August 6, August 6, the day no one will ever forget. The day was fine as we started practice. She watched from the side lines as I was sacked numerous times on the field. I guess I just wasn’t on that day but by the end of the practice I was feeling a little better as I saw her jumping up and down on the side lines next to our head coach, she never was one to stay in her seat.

I’ll never forget the last thing she said to me as she got ready to go out with her friends; I asked her the same question any older brother or father would ask as their younger sister/daughter went out, “Is there going to be alcohol involved?” She rolled her eyes and chuckled at me and said something that I’ll never forget, “Not by us.” That was something I probably should have thought about as I kissed the top of her head as she hugged me before grabbing her bag and my car keys and starting out of our front door for the last time.

As I sat at home that night the only thing I could think about was my sister, she wasn’t the home body type so her going out was a pretty common thing but it just didn’t feel right that night. I should have driven her myself; I should have made her stay home. The rest of the night was kind of a blur. The night flew by at the speed of light. It felt like not five minutes after she had left there was an officer at the door holding the hat my sister had been wearing that night. It was covered in blood as he handed it to me. I felt my knees give out as he told me about the accident. I slid down the door while I clutched the hat in my hands. He told me what had happened, and that she was on her way to Massachusetts General Hospital. I panicked; I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. I rode with the police officer to the hospital. Everything was numb to me, I don’t remember the lights or the sirens or even arriving at the hospital. I don’t’ remember talking to my parents or Bridgette or the doctor’s when I arrived. I just remember seeing my beautiful baby sister lying in the bed. She was pale and bruised, she had cuts all over her face and her arm was visibly broken. I remember waiting six hours for my parents to get there. By the time they arrived I was a little more put together but still in complete shock. The next twelve hours were the worst in my entire life and probably the worst twelve hours I’ll ever go through. In that twelve hours I lost something so dear to me, my life will never be the same. I lost my sister, my best friend, my partner in crime, and my guardian angel.’ As written by Tom Brady, New England Patriot Quarterback.

‘I have covered Tom Brady since 2000 when he was drafted in the NFL and I have never been to a game with out the shining million dollar smile of his younger sister Grace. Through out the seven years I’ve followed him, I too, have gotten to know the petite fireball people referred to as “Gracie-face” She was everything Tom described her as when asked to. She was feisty, beautiful, and intelligent; she had a certain sense of sarcasm and a weird sense of humor as well as a heart that was larger than life. She was also the only female I had met in my life that knew more about football then I did. I will never forget a game in early 2005 as The Patriots played the Steelers in a playoff game. It was cold, snowing, and basically brutal as the two teams fought it out on ridged field. I sat with Grace in the heated sky box. She had been fighting off a case of the common cold and laryngitis as well as a broken arm. As I sat with her I got first hand experience of dealing with her during the games. I learned many things about Grace Brady that day the main thing being blood was thicker than water. I had never bet a person who cared so much for her older brother; Grace was one in a million as the world will be a much emptier place with out the young beauty. To those who knew her-you were lucky and I’m sorry for your loss. To those who didn’t know her-I feel sorry for you, as one of the natural wonders of the world, she was amazing.’ As written by Dan Shaunessy, ESPN sports caster.
Grace finished reading the article to Brendon as he sat on the floor eating a banana. She swept a tear out from under her eyes as she set the paper on the ground.

‘I should get used to this right?’ Grace said with a teary eyed smile.

‘I think it’s impossible to get used to the fact that you will never see someone again.’ Brendon whispered.

‘Have you learned enough about me yet?’ Grace chuckled as she looked at Brendon.

Well I’ve learned that you are a million dollar person, I think that’s all I needed to know.’ Brendon said with a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story