Categories > Original > Romance

Rainy Days

by GhostInTheSnow_X 1 review

Rainy day -noun A time of need or emergency: saving money for a rainy day [Origin 1570-80] As if, here’s a REAL definition Rainy Day -noun A time of utter boredom: saving chick fl...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-18 - Updated: 2008-04-18 - 543 words

0Unrated
Rainy day
-noun
A time of need or emergency: saving money for a rainy day
[Origin 1570-80]

As if, here’s a REAL definition

Rainy Day
-noun
A time of utter boredom: saving chick flicks for a rainy day

Lying upside down on my sofa, watching endless reruns of That 70s Show, all I could think about was how this was SO not the way I should be spending my Friday nights, rain or no rain.

“I’ve got your picture I’m coming with you, Dear Mari-”

The sound of my phone ringing knocked my out of my thoughts and sent me scrambling to the floor. Picking up my out of date receiver, I mentally prepared myself for yelling at the twat on the other end of the line…

“YO BABY SIS”
“Are you going to do that every time you call me up Michael?”
“Full first naming me, now that’s low Nat, even for you”
I could picture my big brother shaking his head at me on the other end of the line.
“What is it you want Mike?”
“My band has a show tonight, baby sis, and you know how much you wanna be there right?”
“Any particular reason?” I sighed, fumbling around for my unopened Red Bull
“Ummm, Oh Oh!! We have a new singer, that stupid Darren guy was just a complete egomaniac, and you know we all value your amazing opinion, right?!”
“Urggh, fine! When where? And you’d better be bloody good tonight, I was actually doing things!
“7 at The Cockpit, and I’m sorry that I’m tearing you away from you Red Bull sweetie!”
At that he hung up on me, leaving me staring at the phone in doubt I swear that boy knows me too well.

Looking at the clock and seeing it was 6:30, I ran upstairs to get ready. After trying on 3 outfits and prodding myself in the eye a few times with my mascara brush I was ready to go, grabbing my keys and phone before making my way at the door.

Standing at the bar in The Cockpit, waiting for Mike’s band to come on, I had been groped by numerous guys and downed a few bottles of J20, never before understanding how hard it is to ignore crap bands without any alcoholic assistance. As the lights dimmed, I turned around and made my way to the front, elbowing a fair few people along the way. Watching Mike walk out on stage and pick up his guitar, I smiled slightly feeling proud of my big brother for doing this every week despite our parents’ disapproval. He was soon followed by the rest of the guys and what I could only guess was their new lead singer, he sauntered onto the stage, hips swinging slightly with obvious confidence. He turned around, his long brown hair falling over his shoulders gracefully. The guitar riff began, and the boy opened his mouth.

His voice was beautiful, there was no way you could describe it. I spent the rest of the concert watching him strut around the stage, and all I could think about was how this boy was just perfect, this was totally worth leaving my Red Bull at home for.
Sign up to rate and review this story