Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Living For The Car Crashed Hearts (Patrick Stump)

She Screams In Silence

by Holli-Bee 1 review

A lot can happen in only two days, will the stress of life completely take over Hailey's mind... who will save her from herself?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-04-21 - Updated: 2008-04-21 - 1608 words

0Unrated
She screams in silence
A sullen riot penetrating
Through her mind
Waiting for a sign to smash
The silence with the brick of self control


Two nights later…

The day started out like any other day in a small northern town. Hailey woke up at 7 took a shower, ate some breakfast and went to work. But by noon she had been fired from her secretary job at the insurance company. The thing is, she should have seen it coming… her boss hated her from the moment she walked through the door. It was just a matter of time before he would find a way to get her fired. As the day progressed her car was impounded due to unpaid parking tickets and she ended up walking fifteen miles back to her apartment just to find that her landlord switched the locks up.
“Could this day get any worse.” She said out loud a few seconds before rain started falling towards the ground

Across Town Patrick was getting ready to leave for his walk through the small town park one last time. He was leaving the next morning and just wanted to experience the silence and saluted he had never found anywhere else in the world.
“I guess it’s the fact that no one knows who I am here, I’m just another face in the crowd and sometimes that’s all you need to feel normal again.” He wrote in his notebook. “Well it’s time to head out; maybe the clear air will set some things straight. It’s worth a try.”
He left around 8:30 p.m. and not a cloud was in the sky. The sun was setting and everything seemed so tranquil, that was until about an hour later. Suddenly rain started pouring down from the clouds that had formed within the past twenty minutes and within a ten second span a large crack of lighting shot across the sky. “What happened to the stars?!” he said out load while staring up at the rain. Patrick quickly rain back towards his hotel until he stopped dead in his tracks after noticing a young women sitting outside of an apartment building crying in the rain.
“Miss, are you ok?” Patrick shouted across the street. The young woman just sat there like she didn’t even notice him. “Excuse me miss? Do you need me to call someone for you?”
Startled she belted out angrily towards him; “What?! What do you want?!”
He paused for a moment as the frustrated women looked up at him, mascara running down her face.
“Hailey, is that you?”
She quickly turned her face away from him. “What do you want?” she spoke softly
“What… what’s wrong? Hailey are you ok?”
“I’m fine.” She spoke suddenly. “Don’t worry about it, no one else does…”
“Listen, I know we don’t know one another very well but I’m smart enough to know that you’re in need of help. Otherwise why the hell would you be out in weather like this?”
“Maybe I just like the rain, did you ever think of that?” she spoke to him facing the opposite direction as she wiped the tears from her face
“Fine, I won’t argue with you, I was just trying to help you out.” He stated while walking away
“Why? Why in the hell would you help me? You don’t give a shit about me, you don’t know me. Why?”
Laughing sarcastically; “Oh my God, haven forbid that someone is willing to help you and you push them away, as usually. I’m getting the sense that you do this often, never get close to anyone because you’re afraid that they’re going to hurt you. Well I got news for you, not everyone in this horrible fucking world is out to watch you fall.”
“Well for one, I don’t even know you! What do you expect my reaction to be, some stranger wants to help me; and leads me believe that there’s no personal gain for himself, hardly. You can call me a bitch, call me what you want, but I’ve been stabbed in the back to many times to trust little pricks like you that act all nice and sweet then turn into just another guy that wants to fuck me.”
Completely stunned by her reaction, he stood there for a few seconds trying to figure out a response.
“All I got to say is believe it or not, there are guys out there that are generally nice and don’t want to fuck you. For two, I’m not asking you to trust me; I was just trying to be nice; which I guess must be new to you. If you don’t want my help fine, but don’t you take your shitty day out on people who don’t deserve it.” Patrick belted bluntly as he walked away once more.
Hailey sat there knowing how right he was and how wrong she was. She couldn’t hold her emotions back any longer; tears suddenly started streaming down her face.
“I’m sorry.” Patrick stopped dead in his tracks. “I’m sorry ok. I didn’t mean to be like this, it’s just hard to keep a positive attitude when you’ve went through so many things I’ve gone through.”
Patrick turned around towards her, her hands covering her face as she cried her heart out once again. “So does that mean you’re going to let me help you?”
“Yes, but I have one question, what’s in it for you, really?”
“Honestly, nothing… not a damn thing. I just really hate watching someone struggle through something alone, when deep down we both know they could use a shoulder to cry on. Now, is it ok if I set you up in my hotel tonight? It’s past midnight and you might have trouble getting a hold of someone this late.”
She thought for a moment, “Can I really trust this guy? Can I even believe a word he says? I guess I have no choice, it’s either go with him or sit in the gutter.” To Patrick, “That’s fine.”
“Good, now hurry up its getting worse out here.”
Hailey had so many doubts in her mind with this guy. She just couldn’t get over the fact that a perfect stranger would go out of his way for no personal gain of his own, but her friends, friends she’s known for years could careless if she was dead or alive. A part of her just wanted to run, run as far as her legs could take her and never come back, but no matter how far she thought she could escape from her problems, she knew that one day they’d catch up with her.
~ Room 302 ~
Hailey read the number as Patrick unlocked the door to the room. One bed, one small pull out sofa, T.V., bathroom; the typical hotel room in this dumpy old town. Patrick quickly walked into the bathroom grabbing two towels and a robe. “Here, dry yourself off. You wouldn’t want to catch a cold, or worse. He said as he towel dried his hair. “See, better already.” He smiled slightly
“Yeah.” She spoke softly
“Ok… so here’s the bed, there’s a mini-fridge right over there, help yourself. There are cookies, cold meat sandwiches…”
“I’m fine, really…Just a soft spot to lay my head is good enough.”
“Well good, that bed is really soft so hopefully you’ll be able to sleep decently. I’ll be sleeping on the pull out so, anything else?”
“Now wait a minute! You’re not sleeping on that piece of shit ok. It’s your hotel room, you’re bed I’m not taking that a way from you.”
“Good lord you’re stubborn. Listen, I don’t care honestly, plus I’m a night owl, I can NEVER sleep at night so it would be just a waste of a comfy bed since I wouldn’t really be using it.”
Shaking her head with a small smile; “You’re something else, I’m not sure what but you’re something alright.”
“Thanks I guess, oh here.” He threw her the robe that he grabbed from the bathroom. “I just thought you’d might want to get out of those wet clothes and everything.”
“Uh huh, look at you. Trying to get me naked and I’ve only been in the room for… twenty minutes… Tisk Tisk, I see how you are, you move fast.” She said acting hoary
“Well… I mean… that’s not what I…”
“Ha-ha, look at you. Still babbling like a little school boy. Good night Patrick.” She laughed as she laid down in his bed. “Oh, and by the way; I know I’m stubborn… but that’s just how I am, love it or leave it.”
“Uh… ok. Well if you need anything I’ll be out on the balcony.”
“Alright, alright… I understand. Go do your thing, just act like I’m not here. Oh and by the way… thank you Patrick.”
A wide smile landed on his face, “Anytime Hailey.”
Patrick moseyed his way towards the balcony with the usual pen and paper; he sat down on one of the chairs that faced the hotel room. Settling in he noticed that Hailey was in his view and as soon as he glanced at her words started flowing through his mind. “Thank god this balcony is screened indoors.”
Sign up to rate and review this story