Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

It Could Be a Good Excuse

by QuitLollygaggin 4 reviews

The end {maybe}

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-23 - Updated: 2008-04-23 - 1336 words - Complete

0Unrated
I ran my fingers through my hair, which had been tousled from sleep. Yes, I slept. I slept for five whole hours. I looked over at Caitlin. Her body was tangled in the blankets which were pulled over her head. I walked over and kissed her softly on the forehead. She moved a bit before she pulled back the blankets and smiled at me. I smiled back and kissed her again on the forehead.
“Sleep well?” She asked pulling me next to her on the bed. I held her in my arms and closed my eyes.
“Like never before.” I replied laughing. She kissed my on my lips and sat up. “Where are you going?”
“I have to make a quick phone call.” She said and walked off to the bathroom. The hotel room door flew open and Quinn came rushing in.
“Why are you still in bed?” He demanded. He grabbed the blankets and flung them on the floor. I stared at him confused.
“What?!” I questioned. He grabbed some clothes and threw them at me.
“We have a show in an hour!” He yelled. I grabbed the clothes and quickly put them on. I completely forgot we were playing an acoustic show at some local bar tonight. Then tomorrow we were back on the road. What would I do about Caitlin? Maybe she’d come with me. I made a mental note ask her later.
Quinn mumbled under his breath as he continuously banged on the bathroom door.
“Caitlin’s in there.” I informed him. He glanced over at me and rolled his eyes.
“Let’s go!” He screeched and stormed out the room. The bathroom door slowly opened and Caitlin walked out. I stood in front of her and kissed her.
“I have to play a show. Want to come?”
“Yeah sure.” She replied. I grabbed her hand and we left the room.

I pulled Caitlin into one last kiss before stepping on stage. I held the acoustic guitar that we had to go buy ten minutes before the show, close to my body and sat down on the stool. Quinn swore he had two acoustic guitars, which he didn’t, and we had to go out and buy another one.
I looked at Bert who sat to my right. He looked at me and gave me a devilish smile. Bert wasn’t sober. I prayed quickly in my head that this show would go smoothly. We only had to play six songs and we were on our way. I’m sure he could last that long
“Jepha,” Bert whispered and nudged me in the side. I looked back over at him. He laughed at something and then burped.
“What?” I asked.
“What song are we playing first?” His breath reeked. I leaned back from him.
“Smother Me.” I said and turned around in my stool so I was facing the audience. Quinn took his spot on stage and we got started.
Let me be the one who call’s you baby all the time,” Bert sang beautifully into the microphone. “Surely you can take some comfort knowing that you’re mine.”
I was glad he wasn’t screwing up. I swear I would have killed him if he did. But then again, we have five more songs to go.
I looked into the sea of faces and smiled. I wanted to sit here forever. I couldn’t imagine living my life any other way. What’s not to love about this job? I got to stand in front of all these people and inspire them. I had the power to make them feel good and happy. You wouldn’t believe all the stories I’ve heard about this band changing or saving someone’s life. It felt good knowing I could do that. A boy and girl in front of me held up their hands and formed a heart. I stopped playing and returned the thoughtful gesture. Bert stood up and stepped closer to the crowd. He had the hugest smile across his face. I haven’t seen Bert smile that big in a really long time. I knew he felt something and if he didn’t he was insane. There was something so intimate about an acoustic show. There was a lot more emotion then any other show we’ve ever played. It was nice just to stop and change it up a little bit. I’m sure the fans liked it to. They could connect with us more. Not to mention these shows aren’t sold out half the time and are sometimes random and unplanned. The crowd isn’t half as big as they normally are.

Our set ended and we walked off the stage. Caitlin wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my chest.
“I have to go soon.” She told me.
“Do you have a ride?” I asked. She nodded and pulled away. I held her hand and walked her towards the exit. We stepped outside. The air was thick and muggy. The sun was just setting.
“It’s beautiful.” I mumbled. Caitlin stood in front of me. “Like you.” She blushed and stared down at her feet. I placed my hand under chin and pulled her face up to mine. I kissed her gently on the lips.
“I should be going.” She said quickly and pulled away. She started walking quickly to the front of the bar. I followed close behind her.
“Wait!” I yelled after her. She quickened her pace. She rounded the corner and was out of my sight. I rounded the corner seconds after her.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. She stood, mouth to mouth, with Brandon. My jaw dropped. I placed my hand on her small shoulder and spun her around, pulling her away from Brandon. She stared at me in complete shock. Her mouth opened and closed repeatedly.
“What, boy got your tongue?” I joked. She opened her mouth again. No words came from her perfect little mouth. I looked up at Brandon.
“Uh hey Jepha.” He said.
“Long time no see.” I said. He shoved his hands in his pockets and stared off towards the street. I turned back Caitlin.
“Why didn’t you just tell me?” I demanded. She shook her head.
“I thought I wanted to be with you. But I didn’t.” She replied. “You’re so nice. I just didn’t want to tell you I was leaving you because I was dating your friend.”
“It’s no big deal.” I assured her. “I just don’t like being lied to.”
“I’m sorry.” She apologized.
“How long have you been seeing him?”
“A year.” She replied quietly. Was this girl serious? What does Brandon think about this? This girl he’s been dating for a year is cheating on him with his ex best friend. I knew this girl was way to good to be true.
“Whoa!” I said shocked. “What about Brandon?” Brandon stepped closer and stood next to Caitlin.
“I told her I didn’t mind.” Brandon replied nonchalantly. These people were messed up. I stepped back.
“Jepha, I’m sorry.” Caitlin repeated. “I didn’t want to hurt you.”
“You didn’t hurt me,” I told her. “You disgust me! Both of you!” Brandon wrapped his arms around her small waist. The same waist I wrapped my arms around numerous times.
“Can we be still be friends?” She asked. I couldn’t believe she had the nerve to ask that.
“No,” I said. “I’m not friends with liars.” I turned around and headed back the way I came.
“Jepha! Call me sometime!” I heard Brandon yell after me. I ignored him and kept walking. I can’t believe her! That was just appalling. Who in the right mind would let their girlfriend cheat on them. I’m kind of glad she’s gone. Now I can just focus on what I enjoy most; music.
Sign up to rate and review this story