Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Wipe That Smile Off You're Face

The Fourth Drink Instinct

by fob4ever 6 reviews

Jazie and Patrick are taking big steps for the benifit of their relationship, but will it really pay off in the end?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-05-04 - Updated: 2008-05-06 - 2849 words

0Unrated
After weeks of arguing and dancing around the subject, Jazie agreed to move in with Patrick. Not just sleep over now and then. Move in. Patrick realized how much he wanted to be with her when she stayed over for the first time. He knew that is were she was supposed to be; right there with him.

So she packed up all of her things from Sarah’s house and moved them over to the spare bedroom in Patrick’s apartment. Sarah agreed that maybe moving in would help fill the cracks that Anna had created in their relationship and could possibly bring them closer together as a couple.

At first, Patrick didn’t see the point in her moving into the guest room when he had a fairly spacious room they could share, but she convinced him that their relationship was pretty unstable at the moment and she didn’t want to jump into any dramatic changes that might affect all the progress they made. She knew that they both needed their own space and time to grow into the situation before they started acting like a married couple. But she admitted that she would probably not be using her own bed for the duration of her stay in Patrick’s apartment er…their apartment.

The transition was smooth. Within a few days Jazie had gotten into the swing of things, figuring out Patrick’s routine in the morning and trying to stay out of his way before 9 a.m. He wasn’t much of a morning person, she figured out. And he was sloppy. Very sloppy.

“Oh my god Patrick…..how old is this sandwich?” She picked up a green fussy rectangular shaped object from under the coffee table in the living room.

Patrick set his coffee cup down and inspected the smelly object from his place at the table. Peering over the top of his morning paper, he wrinkled his nose.

“I think I had that for lunch last week...”

Jazie gagged. “Oh no…this,” she pointed to the sandwich, “has got to stop. While I’m here, we’re going to throw things in the garbage. Let’s try that hmmm?” She ran over to the garbage and threw the sandwich away, then raced over to the sink and washed her hands thoroughly with hot soapy water.

Patrick chuckled and continued reading the newspaper with his mug in hand.

She continued her mission to clean the house by vacuuming, washing windows and sinks, sweeping and mopping, and doing a ton of laundry. Patrick occasionally looked up from his paper and smirked. “What would I do without you Jazie - my little home maker.”

She’d laugh dryly and continue cleaning various objects in the house.

“Oh god.” She stopped dusting and looked over at Patrick. “We’re turning into the Cleavers.” She dropped the rag in her hand and sat next to Patrick at the table. He laughed and nodded in agreement.

“I thought you were going to stop after the vacuuming, but I guess you just like to be thorough.” He chuckled quietly and Jazie leaned back into her chair, sighing.

“I didn’t mean to go on a cleaning rampage. I guess I’m just getting used to living here.” She paused and fiddled with a cleaning rag.

“Am I making a big deal about this? I mean…does moving in not seem like a big step to you?” She kept her eyes on her hands.

Patrick watched Jazie as he put the paper down on the table.

“Jazie, moving in is a very big step. If you think it was a mistake…it’s not too late for you to move back in with Sarah. I didn’t mean to rush this.” He reached for Jazie’s arm and caressed it slowly. “If it seems like I’m not making a big deal about this, it’s because I’m trying really hard to be cool about it. But in reality, I’m wiggin out. I just hide it well.” He looked down and as he smirked, his cheeks flushed.

She smiled. “No you weren’t rushing this. I think it’s the perfect thing for us right now. I just need to adjust. I’m not going anywhere.” She gazes at him with a serious face. Patrick smiles back.

He reaches over and takes a swig from his coffee.

“Yah, this is just what we need.”

***********

With Patrick out of town on business with the rest of the band and Sarah visiting her mother in Milwaukee, Jazie decided to spend a little alone time in a coffee shop a few streets away from her and Patrick’s downtown apartment.

She seated herself at a little table by the front window, so she could sip her coffee and watch people as they strolled by. She pulled out a book from her purse and flipped it open to the place she saved and drank some of her latte.

This is nice. She thought to herself as she took in the smell of roasted coffee beans and morning air from her place in the coffee shop.

Time alone is exactly what I need right now. She sighed with a smile and returned her attention to the latest murder mystery in her hand.

A while later she returned back to the apartment and dropped her purse by the door. She walked over to the phone to check missed messages and call Patrick back after receiving a missed call from him earlier.

As she leaned against the counter filing through the messages, her whole body stiffened at a familiar voice.

“Hey sis. It’s me. I’m in town. Surprise! I bet you’re just glowing at the news. I heard through the grape vine that you’ve moved into your new boyfriends little downtown dwelling. I’m sad to say that I hadn’t heard until that point that you even had a boyfriend. I’m sure he’s just swell. But I’ll have to bring mom and dad over soon to check him out ourselves. I’m not sure exactly where you are yet. I got your new number from someone. But trust me, when I find you, you’ll know. Toodles!” beep. To delete this message, press 1…

Jazie screamed and grabbed the phone, throwing it across the kitchen and breaking a coffee mug in the process. She broke down as her knees went weak and she slid down to the kitchen floor. She put her head in her hands and tried to hide the tears, from no one in particular.

'You can’t break down. You can’t think about him. You can’t think of them. You’ve moved on. You have a good life now! They can’t ruin this.’ Even as she tried forcing herself to believe those things, flashes from her past crept back into her mind after years of trying to push them out of her memory.'

Sitting alone in her room, only she and her brother are home. He’s supposed to be downstairs playing video games. She’s upstairs listening to music as she cleans her room, trying to make sure everything is perfect when her parents come home. Can’t give them another thing to get angry about. Suddenly her door creeks open and Ryan is standing there, abnormally menacing.

She smiles nervously. “Ha-hi…Ryan. What are you doing?”

“I love you Jazie. You know that, right? I’ll never do anything to hurt you.”

She chuckles innocently. “Of course I know that.” She smiles and turns back to organizing the clothes in her closet. She hears her door close and lock and she thinks he left and just locked the door behind him.

When she isn’t expecting it, he runs up behind her and throws her to the floor. She screams from the pain and tries to fight back, but his increased muscle mass from football during high school catch her off guard. He’s too strong. When did this happen? His size used to give her a feeling of safety. Now that familiar comfort has become the enemy. He used her trust against her.

She starts crying and kicking under him but he won’t budge. A silent tear falls down her cheek as he reaches down and unzips his pants.

"I love you Jazie...


His voice faded away and Jazie shook her head to rid it of the memory but still the tears ran down her face. She stood up shaking and walked over to the door. She locks it and walks back into the kitchen. She opens the freezer and pulls out a bottle of vodka. Walking over to the broken coffee mug on the floor, Jazie places the bottle on the counter and kneels down to pick up the broken glass. She walks numbly from the garbage over to the bottle and pulls out another mug, filling it generously with the liquid.

She wipes the tears from her face and walks to Patrick’s room and climbs into his bed.

She lays there thinking about the first person that came to her mind whenever she didn’t feel safe. Sitting up, she took another long sip from the cup and took her cell phone off of the coffee table.

*************

Buffalo, NY

“Patrick, you’re making this way too complicated. It’s just a dumb doll. Your model will not be to scale. Don’t be so insecure.” Joe chuckled to himself as he texted back to Sarah.

“Man, you can comment on my self-esteem when you actually land on planet earth. You’ve been texting Sarah all day. You’re not even apart of this discussion. Don’t just pipe in whenever you think you hear something interesting.” Patrick snapped back.

Andy’s eyes widen. “Whoa man, you’re really strung up. You need sleep.”

“Or a booty call.” Pete whispered under his breath. Patrick glared daggers at him, then pretended to shrug it off.

“I’m fine. I just want to get this done so we can go home.”

“Awwww someone miss their boo?” Joe looked away form his cell for the first time that day to be witty.

“Real mature Joe. And yes, I miss Jazie. You’re telling me you don’t miss Sarah? Oh wait, how can you miss her when you won’t stop talking with her for 5 fucking seconds?”

Joe just smirked. “I get where you’re coming from dude. I’m just messing with you.”

Pete rolls his eyes at the love-related banter. “Well, Jeff just texted me and said the guys got all the stuff they need for the designs so they don’t need us anymore. It’s only noon. What do you wanna do with 2 days left in New York?” Pete got up from his chair and stretched.

“Go home.” Patrick sighed. Joe and Andy rolled their eyes.

“Man, you’re smothering her. Give her some time to relax and get used to the apartment. She’s an adult, she doesn’t need someone babysitting her 24-7.” Andy argued.

“I don’t want to baby sit her. I want to be with her. That’s it.”

You just don’t want the temptation of calling up Anna for 2 long days. You know if you stay in New York, you’ll meet up with her and fuck it all up with Jazie. No self control. Pete thought this and huffed.

“Come on man, we aren’t in New York that often. We can go see some shows or something.” Joe got up and nudged him playfully.

Patrick shrugged indifferently. “I guess, sure. I could use a little fun to take the edge off.”

“I bet you could.” Pete coughed. Patrick fought the urge to pummel his ass but just looked over at him apathetically. Pete glared and shook his head.

He knows what he’s doing is going to kill Jazie. She doesn’t deserve this… Just as he thought that, his phone vibrated.

He looked down and answered his phone.

“Hey. Yah I’m with the guys.” He looked around the room and nodded as the voice on the other line spoke. “Yah, I’ll go somewhere else.” He looked over at the guys.

“I have to take this, sorry.” Joe nodded and Patrick watched suspiciously as Pete exited the room.

When Pete came back in, he looked like he was on a mission.

“Sorry guys but I’m gonna have to cut this little vaca short. Something came up at home. I’m leaving tonight. Sorry.”

“What happened?” Andy asked.

“Nothing really. A cousin of mine just got married and she needs my help moving into her new house. I’ll call you guys when I get into Chicago.”

He left and went straight to the airport, buying the quickest flight back to Chicago.

Patrick went out that night with Andy and Joe and went back to his separate hotel room thinking of only one person. He called her up and sat at the edge of his bed.

“I miss you…yah I wanna see you too.” He laughed into the receiver and sighed.

“I really want to see you. Yah I know what I said. Just forget about that for tonight. I’ll text you the address….yah. See you tonight.” He hung up his phone and laid back into bed.

*************
That Night

Patrick changed out of his jeans and just wore boxers and a tee-shirt. He was brushing his teeth in the bathroom when there was a knock at his hotel room door. He spit out the toothpaste and walked over to the door. He looked through the eye hole and smiled.

Unlocking the door, he let the visitor enter.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” She whispered into his ear as she wrapped her arms around his waist. A silent tear rolled down his cheek. He quickly wiped it and smiled.

“I’ve missed you too.” She giggles and pushes him backwards onto the bed. She takes her shirt off and unzips her pants.

She climbs on top of him and straddles his waist. She leans in and kisses his lips.

“We shouldn’t be doing this Anna.”Patrick whispers weakly. She leans back and smiles at him mischievously.

“I know. Isn’t it great?” She goes back to kissing his neck and chest. Patrick turns his head and this time doesn’t wipe away the tear.

“Yah, just great.”

*************
Chicago, IL

Jazie filled her mug for the 4th time and dried her tears with a tissue. Sitting on the couch in the dark, she thought about all the times she wished she could escape from her parents and brother. And when Ryan ran away, she thought she had won half the battle. When her parents moved away and she met Patrick and the boys, she thought it was all behind her. She thought she had accomplished the impossible. She was actually happy. For a while she didn’t even have the nightmares. And for a while she didn’t even look at a bottle, let alone get lost in one like she used to.

She sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

Look at what you’ve become. You’re a fake. One phone call and you turn into mush. You thought you’d gotten better, but you were never really fixed. You just forced yourself to think it was over. Look at you now…look at how weak you are.

Hearing a knock at the door knocked her back into reality. She put the cup in the sink and wiped the smeared make-up form her eyes. She took a deep breath and went over to the door. Looking through the eye hole, a smile crept onto her face. She unlocked the door and opened it, allowing the visitor to come in.

“Hi Jazie.”

She cupped his face with her hands and pulled him closer to her. Bringing him in so their lips touched, she didn’t want to let go. She embraced him fully and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. When they let go, she stepped back, wiping a tear from her eyes.

She took one of his hands and led him into the guest room. He shut the door behind them and she slowly lifted her shirt above her head and tossed it into the corner. She slip her pajama pants down her legs and he stepped closer, caressing her shoulders with his hands.

“Jazie, we shouldn’t be doing this.”

Her breath hitched in her throat. Another tear fell.

“I know Pete….I know.”

*************
Authors Note:

Sorry that it took so long for me to put this chapter up. My computer went AWOL on me. But now it's up. I hope there was enough drama to last until the next chapter. I'm getting really jazzed up about writing again. C: I'm excited! And on top of that, only 4 more reviews and it'll reach 100! So review review review!!! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story