Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My life isn't as normal as you think it is

Attack Of The Stump's

by TheTrohmanator121 2 reviews

Trickster looses his voice, family comes to the rescue. Offers from a record label, a big decision is to be made.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-07 - Updated: 2008-05-08 - 1137 words - Complete

0Unrated


I watched as the guys did their soundcheck, occasionally singing along with the words. The boys decided to add on a few more songs, Grenade Jumper, Yule Shoot Your Eye Out, and Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part To Save The Scene And Stop Going To Shows). Towards the end of soundcheck, Patrick’s voice started cracking, and he started coughing.

“Trick, you okay?” I said hopping up on the stage. Patrick nodded.

“Yeah, I think that’s it for soundcheck, I want to save my voice for the fans.” He said grabbing his water bottle.

The five of us went back to the bus for a while. I sat on Joe’s lap while him, Pete and Andy played each other in Simpson’s Road Rage. Patrick sat in the lounge area, his head in his voice moisturizer thing, that helped to open his vocal chords.

Around six o’clock I left the boys backstage to watch the start of the show. I was excited for tonight’s show, Tyga, Travis’s cousin would be performing. All the bands did amazing, especially Tyga. Then it came for the boys to come on. Like every night, the show opened the same way.

Halfway throughout their set, during Hum Hallelujah Patrick’s voice completely wiped out. The four of them ran backstage, and I made my way back their as well.

“Dude, We’re going to have to cancel the show” Pete said.

“No, there’s only one other person who knows all the lyrics, and can sing them perfectly.” Patrick said in a raspy voice looking in my direction.

“Uh No. I’m not going out there on stage Patrick. I’m sorry just reschedule the show for tomorrow night.” I said.


“Chloe come on, You’ve always wanted to sing live, this is your chance.” Patrick groaned, holding his throat.

“Yeah, You’ll do fine. We know you can do this.” Joe said hugging me.

“Alright fine. One condition. Let’s do the high-five shake real quick.” I said putting my hand out. The other four high-five it, and the five of us made out way onstage.

“Okay, So my voice obviously is going down down in a bad round, and Sugar, it’s not going down singing.” Patrick laughed. “So my sister here is going to finish out the concert.”

I waved out to the crowd, who cheered. “So this next song, is about loving a girl so much, and being so into her, that you want to cut her up into pieces and eat her. Cause She tastes like you, only sweeter.” Pete said into the microphone.

Patrick and Andy began the opening of Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, and I cleared my throat, and began the song.

“I’m gonna make you bend and break,
Say a prayer but let the good times roll
In case God doesn’t show

And I want these words to make things right
But it’s the wrongs that make the words come to life
Who does he think he is
If that’s the worst you’ve got
Then put your fingers back to the keys

One Night, and One more time
Thanks For the Memories
Even though they weren’t so great
He tastes like you only sweeter” The crowd sang along with me, making it easier. I looked over to Patrick who was smiling.
“You’re doing great!” He mouthed.

I continued the rest of the song, and ended up doing the rest of the show. After a couple songs though, Patrick’s voice started coming back and Jim brought over an extra microphone for him. At the end of the concert, the crowd went wild, and cheered the band and I on.

We all headed backstage, and I was indulged in one of the biggest group hugs I’ve ever felt. Even the other bands were there to say “great job” to me.

“Thanks guys” I said entangling myself from their grips, and making a run to the dressing room.

“Chloe, again great job, but there’s someone here who wants to speak to you.” Said Patrick pointing to Chris, the man in charge of Island Def Jam Records.

I looked behind Patrick, and took a big drink of water, and walked over. “Hello there.” I said a little nervously

“Hello, My name is Chris from Island Def Jam Records, I just saw your amazing performance with your brother.” He said shaking my hand.

I smiled and nodded. “It’s nice to meet you sir, and thank you!”

“It’s nice to meet you as well Miss Stump, You’re very Welcome! I would love to sign you to my record label.” He said.

“I uhm.. I don’t know sir, I’m only sixteen and still in High School.” I replied.

“That won’t matter, I’d have you come in after school hours, and on weekends.” He added.

“That’s very generous of you, but I think I’m going to have to decline this offer. As much as I want to say yes, I won’t because I would like to have a normal life, or at least a somewhat normal life. But one day when I decide to change my mind, I’ll come to you. Thank you though!” I said and showed Chris the door out.

“Chloe, why did you say no to him. You just had a kickass time up there, why loose all of that?” Pete said.

“Unlike you four, I would like to live a somewhat normal life, and not be bombarded by paparatizzi everywhere I go. Can we just go back to the buses, and forget this ever happened?” I asked.

The boys nodded, and we went back to the buses. I climbed into Joe’s bunk with him, and laid there staring at the top of it.

“What are you thinking about babe?” Joe asked playing with my hair.

“If I made the right decision. I mean, I want to be able to do things I like, without people across the world knowing it. But at the same time, I’d love to get paid for something I love doing, singing.” I said.

“Well tomorrow you should call Chris, and ask him if you can re-think the question, and give him an answer by Monday.” Joe replied

“You know, I think I will! Thank you Joey! But for now, I’m going to sleep! I love you!” I said before kissing his adorable nose.

“I love you too baby!” He said back, kissing my forehead, and holding me closer to him, so I could hear his heart beat.



(more to come! Thank you for the reviews! Espeacially Kait!It's because of you, I'm still updating this story, so thank you!!)
Sign up to rate and review this story