Dancing in the dark, Harry meets the Slytherins, Hannah and Hermione and Justin oh my!, and Harry talks to Tonks.
(#) HarryGinnyTonks 2008-05-14 04:11:46 PMglad to see this back. Loved the HarryTonks interaction (Tonks is one of my favorite periphery characters)
Jury is still out on the Justin/Hermione connections; I go back and forth on him.
I loved the Slytherin scene, I am part of the yahoo group you posted the first draft on and got a good laugh from that as well.
Keep going, eagerly anticipating the next draft
Author's response- I know a woman much like I write Tonks, she's a slob I've cleaned up after and cooked for many times. And yes after her living in her apartment for three years, I had to show her how to use her oven...
- I figure that both being Muggle born might be a starting point...
(#) apocalypse_thou 2008-05-14 04:46:28 PMHoly hell, you updated?! Nearly died of shock! Good chapter though. This is a really good story, and ive read it a few times now... i have no life... :P
Keep it up, and dont take so damn long to update again!
Author's response- Oh bite me, it was only 32 days between chapters.
- Just for that, no fics for you!
- Ya know I forgot he was a Muggleborn like Hermione. Yeah I can get bahind that pairing as long as you write more H/Hr later!
Oh and what about Luna?
Author's response- most of my stories are Harry/Hermione so you can probably expect it.
- Oddly, I can't really get Luna's voice into my head for this story.
- Thank you so much for updating i really enjoyed this chapter the part with harry,neville,and ragnok was good i look forward to seeing what memories were altered.The part with harry and tonks was awesome very funny and enjoyable.I am curious what if any plans do you have for future stories i reallyy enjoy your stories and look forward to your future stories
- Heh, I like the approach Harry took in Gringotts and in selecting a Secret Keeper; I'm sure Albus and the others appreciated his efforts.
I like Justin and Hermione and they at least have some grounds for a basic understanding. Hannah should be proud of that machination. :D
I think the little insert from Filch's PoV was a very nice touch. It shows that Harry's efforts had repurcussions beyond what he knows.
The scene in the Slytherin common room was amusing and it'd be interesting to see a raproachment between Draco and Harry and to then watch Ron go ballistic about it and not have grounds at all for complaint.
Finally, the scene with Tonks was a nice way to get him some needed advice from one of the few older folk he can really trust.
Author's response- yep, just as soon as they couldn't remember where their headquarters was...
- I'm planning on a bit of "We're Muggle born and tired of getting crapped on" for the rest of the fic.
- Filch is always made out to be a complete ass for doing his job. I just thought a little reflection on his part couldn't go amiss...
- Since when has Ron ever needed grounds for complaining? In this story at least Harry and Draco will never be friends, but there is no reason for either to be actively attempting to kill the other.
- Tonksie is fun
(#) jabarber69 2008-05-14 10:55:19 PMHey that was a good chapter! Fixing Hermione up with Justin was a stroke of genius! but why was tonksy running after harry just for calling her that, now I could see it if he had called her nymphadora but...!?!
Author's response- No woman wants to be called "old alone and bitter."
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-05-14 11:33:07 PMInteresting update, particularly the bit about Hagrid and Filch going for drinks. I guess Hagrid puts on a brave front, since he called him a git during Harry's first year.
Author's response- What's that got to do with anything? Just because a guy is a jerk at work doesn't mean he's not fun to hang out with at a pub.