Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Liar's Place

Liar's Place

by darkyn 1 review

Rated for gore/bloodshed. Naruto will do anything for his father and brother, even kill...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-05-14 - Updated: 2008-05-15 - 2232 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: I don't, in anyway, own any part of Naruto or any other thing I get my ideas from. This disclaimer will be for the whole story. Unless some one complains, then I tell them to look at the first chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/ Drip, drip, drip.../he was back. The boy stood from his position at the sewer wall and started toward his only home. His path was well worn; he had come here many times. His pace was slow; no one could bother him here. Once he got to the gate he stopped and sat with his back to the bars.

"Are you awake?" came his timid cry.

"Of course. I always wake when you come to visit me. What kind of father do you take me to be Naruto?" came the gruff reply.

"Sorry."

"Quit saying your sorry."

"Okay." The boy, Naruto, turned to look at the only thing to ever show him any compassion. The giant fox may seem like nothing but a demon to everyone else, but to Naruto, he was just what he needed. A father.

"Go to sleep. Those idiotic, biased fools have gone. Do not fear, you are being taken to the hospital." Seeing the distressed look on his son's face, the fox decided to comfort the boy some more. "Even if no one heals you, they would not dare to kick you out, your Hokage would punish them. And they would not try to poison you, they already know it has no effect on you. Sleep." The great fox tried not to chuckle when he heard Naruto grumble.

"He's not my Hokage, he's never done anything for me. You've cared for me more."

"Yes, I have. Now what did I teach you today? Do not use contractions, you must show patience in every aspect, even your speech. Now, go to sleep."

"Good night...father."

"Sleep well Naruto."

-----------------------------------------------------------Six year time skip-----------------------------------------------

"Uzumaki, Naruto"

"Here sir." The quiet, polite boy said from his position by the window. No one sat beside, or even around him. Iruka often wondered why the boy sat alone. He had never seen the boy do anything to the other students. The first day Naruto had walked in and sat by the window, surrounded by student at almost all sides. He had walked in to see the boy by himself after he had been called out by Mizuki. Iruka had asked the children why they had moved, they all said they had gotten cold by the open window.

"Good, everyone is here. Today is the day you've been training for, Graduation! After today, I may not see you as often so you must promise me you'll keep up your good work!" Iruka was proud. The man had grown especially close to the group, even the cold Naruto. He expected everyone to pass.

---------Skip all other tests-----------

"Okay Naruto, first we want you to summarize the reason our village has grown so strong, in your own words of course."

'Because the village over runs the enemy with useless gennin before sending in your real fighters.' was his first hate-filled thought. But saying that would get him and his father caught. And he would rather kill himself than foil his father's well-laid plans.

"The key to the Leaf Village's success is its ninjas all share a love for their home that is rarely seen in other hidden villages. Our ninja hold loyalty and the protection of the civilians above all else. All people are treated and cared for as if they are family." 'Except for me. You all either hate or ignore me. That should be good enough to pacify them. One day they will be unable to disregard me.'

"Good job Naruto! That was a very well-calculated answer! Now to finish things, perform the basic illusionary clone."

'Foolish village, allowing yourself to become weak by allowing children to become ninja by performing an illusion.'

'Not even a good illusion either.' his father spoke this time.

"Yes sir." he was agreeing with his father more than answering his teacher.

After perfectly creating three clones, he was given his headband and told to return the next day for teams.

---------That night------------------------

Naruto woke from his meditations to the sound of running. He looked out of his window to see Mizuki running towards the forest with a large scroll on his back. Turning to the Hokage's tower at the heart of the village, he saw the alert lights signaling for jônin assistance at the tower.

'Whatever the problem, I have a feeling that I will be blamed.'

'Run to the forests, after Mizuki, that scroll interests me.'

'Yes father.' he said before running after the traitor. Naruto ran without making any sound. He could have caught up with his "teacher", but decided to wait until they entered the forest to confront him. Mizuki ran until he got to the small cabin in the woods. As he rested, he opened and started going over the contents of the scroll.

"You should not have ran Mizuki, it made me even more interested. Maybe if you had walked by my window, I would not have heard you."

The man jumped up and turned to the voice. On top of one of the many branches stood a person. Because of the shadows, all Mizuki could see was a long sleeved grey shirt, a pair of black pants, and bare feet. He knew those feet anywhere, there was only one person in the village that would run around barefooted, the demon brat Naruto.

"What are you doing here Naruto? Shouldn't you be sleeping, preparing for your team tomorrow?" Mizuki was willing to waste time, if he was caught, he could blame Naruto for taking it and say he caught him, he would be a hero! "What do you want?" He was getting angry now, the boy just stood there, watching him and it was getting unnerving. "I said wh-"

"Calculating how long it will take ANBU to find your body." Naruto calmly said, cutting into what Mizuki was saying.

"What the hell do you mean?" Mizuki screamed at the boy. He was about to say something else when a dagger the size of his forearm entered his throat, rendering speech impossible.

"Such language. It is so unbecoming to see one so old speaking like a child." Mizuki's head shot up to see calm blue eyes just inches from his own. The hilt of the blade was held loosely in his hand. For some reason he was drawn to the hilt of the small shard of metal. A very small diamond shaped piece of glass was right between the hilt and the blade. It seemed as if the purple diamond was emptying. Mizuki got confused as his brain caught up with what he was seeing. 'How can that be?'

"Inside the diamond is my personal poison. When I pull any of my blades out of their sheathes the poison enters a groove on the blade. For the poison to take effect, it needs to enter the victim's bloodstream. With my daggers, I must stab them. My sword has grooves running down the middle of the blade, along with grooves down the actual blade. With these grooves, my poison can enter if they are stabbed or if I slash at them. They are very useful and very potent, do you not think Mizuki?" But by then he was only talking to a corpse.

Naruto picked up the scroll, careful not to get the traitor's blood on it. He quickly opened the scroll and memorized it. He could not recall any specific thing from the scroll but his mind copied the scroll and he could pull the memory and read its secrets in his Liar's Place.

-----------------Hokage's Office------------------------

"So you found the scroll on the forest floor, next to Mizuki's body?" The Hokage was happy to have the scroll back, but found it odd that Naruto had been the one to find it. What also confusing to him what the fact that he could find nothing wrong with Naruto's story. The boy sat in front of the man with no emotion on his face that gives up most liars.

"Yes Hokage-sama" answered the composed boy. He had nothing to fear, in his Liar's Place, not even Ibiki's interrogation techniques could force the truth from him. In his Liar's Place, he controlled his words perfectly, saying exactly what was needed to throw off suspicion of his true motives. He practiced with Uchiha-san, practiced until the weasel could throw his eyes around all he wanted, he still would not be able to figure out if he was lying.

"That is all Naruto."

"Good night sir." And with a final bow, Naruto left the office. Outside his face was cold, but inside he was grinning like the fox he was.

-----------Next Day-------------------------

"Okay class, today you get put on your teams! Look lively now, you should be happy!"

'I am happy in the thought that most of them will not survive the first real mission they get.' Naruto was by the always open window. He liked the feeling of the wind on his skin, it reminded him that at any time he could run. There was nothing in this village to hold him down.

'Will you miss anyone when your brother tells you that he does not need a Leaf spy anymore?' ask his father.

'No. They have all wronged me in some way, by either harming or ignoring me.'

'Good. I wanted to be sure that you will not hesitate to follow orders your bother or I give you. Even if they deal with the destruction of the Leaf.'

'Do not worry yourself, I will do your and brother's bidding. I will always follow you both.'

'Good boy.'

"...Team 7: Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke, and Uzumaki Naruto." At the sound of his name the blond looked up at Iruka, then at the "last" Uchiha. 'How long until he cracks and goes crazy?'

'I think a few months of seeing how strong you are will make him snap like the little ninja I feasted on thirteen years ago.' At that thought Naruto busted out with a short bark of laughter, scaring the shit out of the students.

"Now all teams wait here for your teachers." Iruka stated before laving.

-------------3 Hours Later----------------------

"Where the hell is our teacher?" Sakura screamed for the hundredth time. So Sasuke gave the same thing in his head for the past two hours.

'Where the hell is he? Some so called jônin, he can't even tell time!' Out loud he said, "Sakura, you should be more patient. Patience is a great ninja's most used tool."

"Use that oversized head of yours for something. You could at least come up with something new to say." They both turned their heads to see the team's other member; Naruto Uzumaki. The insult has been the only thing the boy had said since he stopped laughing in class. In fact, that was the longest sentence either of them had heard him say. Just as Sakura was about to scream out a comeback, the door opened and their jônin teacher walked in. He took one look around.

"My first impression of you, I ha-" he was cut off by Naruto.

"Your personal opinion of us does not matter, only your professional opinion of our skills as shinobi matters."
"Very perceptive. But personal and professional opinions often go hand-in-hand. But I think I could get to like the smart one." Sakura, thinking he was talking about her, got all star-eyed because her teacher liked her most. Her thoughts were cut short as he said, "Meet me on the roof." and poofed away.

On the roof, he told them to describe themselves. To explain, he went first, "My name is Hatake Kakashi. I don't like talking about my hobbies or likes or dislikes. My dreams.....don't matter to you. Now you, the smart one, you go first." Sakura, again thinking he was talking about her started.

"Well my name is Haruno Sakura, I like ...blushes...someone and all my hobbies and dreams revolve around that someone! I hate....Naru-"

"Finish your sentence and I will make sure to blind you so you can not stalk Sasuke anymore." Naruto said without batting an eye.

"Well that was interesting Sakura, but I was talking to Naruto when I said the smart one. He recognized the difference between personal and professional issues. So you go now Naruto."

"Thank you. My name is Uzumaki Naruto. My hobbies are not important to this team. I like, no respect, my father and my brother and my dream is to serve them in the best way possible."

'I thought he was an orphan.' was the thought in everyone's minds.

"I absolutely hate all of your grammar. It hurts my ears to even listen to you." Everyone sweat dropped at this and then the other two members of the team glared at him. "Your glares will not help your English, I suggest you work on it. Are we done?"

"Meet me at training ground 22 tomorrow at eight. The real test happens then." With those parting words, Kakashi left, forgetting all about the Uchiha, which pissed him off.
Sign up to rate and review this story