Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Teach Me How to Love Again

A Pay Phone Call to Home

by lalalovexjeje 0 reviews

Adam finally calls Cali. They discus wedding plans. And Adam has some news.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-05-15 - Updated: 2008-05-16 - 719 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four
A Pay Phone Call to Home


The first few weeks he called me almost everyday. Then the phone calls became less and less. He went from calling me everyday to every few days, to every week and then the calls just stopped.

It was a week before the wedding when he surprisingly called again, the first time in over a month.

"Hello" I answered irritably.

I had just gotten home from a long day; having to discuss the final details with the wedding planner.

"Hey, It's me."

"Adam!" I shrieked.

"Yeah, how are you? I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you in a while, it's been hectic here."

I chuckled. "I'm good. I've been really busy with getting the wedding ready. Just think in less then a few days we'll be married. But enough about me, how are you? Are they liking your photos?"

The line was silent for a moment, I was about to check to see if the line had been disconnected when he finally responded "I'm good, been really busy. I've already got about five or six jobs lined up. All of which leads me to something I have to tell you."

"You're standing outside the door with a big chocolate ice-cream cake?"

He chuckled quietly, "no."

"Well then, what is it?"

"Well, you know we were touring and spreading our name out" he stated.

"Yeah."

"Well, the band that were touring with had their label come in and saw us." I smiled into the phone, "Cali they loved us so much they offered to sign us".

I didn't respond.

"Cal this is so amazing. It's something I've always wanted and worked for, you know how much I want this. How much the guys and I dreamed about this."

"How long will you be gone fore?" I asked softly.

"One year." He answered.

"Well when do you come home?" I asked nervously.

"Well that's the thing Cal. Right after this week were going into production and producing our first cd."

"B-but we'll be on our honeying moon." I whispered.

He sighed. "Cali. I love you; I never want you to think differently. But you know with this offer I think it was sign. I know its a long time. And I don't think it would be fair to you to just leave you right after the wedding. I mean I’m going to be focusing all my attention on the band"

"Adam, what are you saying?"

I could hear him sigh deeply "It's just, well maybe we should just, we should, postpone the wedding-"

"For a year!"

"Well actually it might go on to be a bit longer than that, I don't know what's going to happen after the cd. I mean were going to have to promote it and go on tour after tour; I mean this could be our break."

"Adam, your not just postponing the wedding are you?"

"I just, I think that we're at points in our lives where we need to go different directions. And I dont think that this relationship will last any longer than it has"
I fell back against the wall. "Adam ar-are you saying what I think you're saying?" I asked breathlessly.

"I'm so sorry Cal. I-I never meant for this to happen."

"So you're leaving me three days before our wedding. You're just going to break it off over the goddamn phone?"

"I'm sorry Cali. I really am."

"So that's it. You're leaving. You're leaving me after three fucking years. Just like that. After everything we've been through."

"Cal, I'm sorry. I really don't know what to tell you. You have every right to be mad at me, to hate me, to wish death upon me. I understand. But you also need to understand that I'm just doing what's best for us."

"You mean what's best for you!" I chocked back a sob.

"Cali, I'm trying to make this easy. I'm sorry, but I have to do this."

"No! No you fucking don't. You want to do this." I breathed deeply "Just promise me one thing. Just promise me that you'll never come back into my life. Just promise that you won't call, you won't write. I don't want any contact with you. Goodbye Adam."


R&R please and thank you.
xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story