Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Quiet Hollow

Chapter 2

by patricksgirl84 0 reviews

Patrick shares his past

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [!] [V] [R] - Published: 2008-05-20 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 1696 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Patrick drove home and went to his bedroom. He could still smell her scent in his bed. He didn’t know what he was going to do. He was never so careless in all of the 69 years he was a vampire. His door opened.

“What the fuck did you do?”

Patrick got out of bed.

“Joe, I didn’t realize people would find them. I wanted her to get help.”

“Because of that we may have to leave again. We just got here. I hope to god you cleaned up your mess and they can’t come to us. Andy is flipping over this.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You better talk to Andy.”

“Thanks.”

Patrick went to Andy’s part of the house. Andy was like a father to them. He was the one that became a vampire before the rest of them.

Patrick knocked on Andy’s door.

“Patrick, that better be you.”

Patrick opened the door.

“It is. Listen, I’m really sorry. I didn’t think,”

“I know. I don’t want you to go out for awhile. If others find out they may exploit you.”

“I need to. I need to see her.”

“See who?”
“Kaitlyn. Something happened at the restaurant.”

“I don’t want you to go outside of this house.”

“Andy, just because you are older doesn’t mean you can ground me like a 13 year old. I don’t care. I’m going out tonight.”

“Fine. But when the cops come I want you to leave.”

“They won’t. There was no one around. I made sure of it.”

“I’m still not happy with this Kaitlyn situation.”

“She’s home now. I’m going to check on her later.”

“Alright. Be careful.”

“I will.”

Patrick walked back to his part of the house and went to the bedroom. He laid on the bed. He could still smell Kaitlyn and that’s all that matter to him. Soon night fell and he knew he wanted to see her again. He opened his window and flew out to Kaitlyn’s house. Once there he went to her front window. Patrick had been doing this for months. He felt like a stalker, but knew it was the only way. Kaitlyn was reading and drinking tea. He knew she really wasn’t reading.

“A vampire? Does he think I’m stupid.”

“But his eyes were a different shade and he was so cold.”

“Those men though. It makes me sick to think he could of killed them. A vampire. What a jerk.”

Kaitlyn closed the book and threw it on the coffee table. She went to the kitchen and put her cup in the sink. She went to the door and made sure it was locked. She went upstairs and got into her bed. All she seen was Patrick’s face. There was a noise on her window and then a knock on her front door.

“What the hell is going on?”

She went to the door and looked out the peep hole.

“He doesn’t get a hint.”

She opened the door.
“What do you want?”

“I wanted to see you.”

“At 11:00 at night. I want you to leave.”

“Please, let me talk to you.”

“Fine. Come in.”

Patrick followed Kaitlyn into the living room.

“I’m sorry, I ran out of blood this afternoon or I would of offered you some.”

“You haven’t gone to the police have you?”

“No, should I?”

“Listen, I want to tell you the whole story. I know you don’t believe me. Maybe you will after I tell you.”

“Patrick, I don’t want your lies.”

“Come here.”

She sat next to him on the couch and Patrick grabbed her hand. He placed it over his chest where on any normal person a heart would be beating.

“Tell me what you feel?”

She looked at him and took her hand from his grasp.

“How, how did you do that?”

“I told you. I’m a vampire.”

“Vampires are in books and in movies. You were walking around in the sun. You had mirrors in your house.”

“That’s Hollywood’s version. We can go in the sun, but not for long periods. I can see my reflection like anyone else. You can even take my picture. Oh, and I love garlic.”

Kaitlyn got up and started pacing.

“You are serious. Your not lying to me. What about your brothers?”
“They really aren’t my brothers. We are all vampires.”

“Why don’t you tell me the whole story then.”

“Like I said I was born in 1915. I had a great family, I had an older brother and younger sister. We lived in Chicago. After I finished high school I helped my dad in the store. My family had a general store. We did quite well. In 1939, I thought things couldn’t get any better. I was about to be married and dad was putting me in full charge of the store.”

Patrick stopped and sighed.

“I really have never told anyone what happened. It was a June afternoon. We closed for lunch and were about to reopen. My mom, dad, my sister, and Amy were in the store with my. Amy was my fiancée. My brother went to college in Boston. Anyway, as Amy opened the door, two men came in. I knew something was wrong, but didn’t do anything. I still regret that. I went back to stocking books or something when I heard a gunshot. I turned around and seen my mom fall. Before I could do anything my father was shot. Amy ran into my arms. I couldn’t see my sister, but then heard another shot and knew she was shot. They came to us and wanted the money. I was shaking so badly. One of them ripped Amy from my arms. I just stood there in fear. The other one hit me a few times and my feet finally moved. I went to the register and got the money and gave it to him.”

Patrick looked at Kaitlyn and she looked like she did believe him.

“Once I gave him the money he grabbed me and continued to beat me up. I didn’t know why he didn’t just kill me. Then he let me go and went to Amy. Both men ripped at her dress and raped her. I just stood there. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t protect my fiancée. After they were done they came back to me. The one asked if I enjoyed watching them or some disgusting thing and then he shot her. They were leaving and I just prayed they would kill me. Before they left I was shot too.”

Kaitlyn sat by Patrick and took his hand.

“I’m sorry.”

“You believe me?”

“Yes, for some reason I do. I can tell you aren’t making any of this up.”

“Let me continue. When I awoke I was in a bed. It wasn’t my bed. A woman came to me. She wanted to know how I felt. I didn’t feel like myself. I wanted to know what happened. She told me I was still alive when they shot me and she had turned me into a vampire. Like you I thought she was nuts. I continued to get better and she showed me the ways of a vampire. I stayed with her for about 30 years. We then went our separate ways. I met Pete first and then Joe. We hooked up with Andy about 14 years ago. He’s been a vampire the longest. After Arissa turned me we left Chicago. I couldn’t stand to be there. I went to see my brother first. He didn’t see me though. He ended up killing himself later that year. So those bastards got him too. My whole family was gone. There were so many nights I wish Arissa would of left me to die. When Andy wanted to come back here I was against it. I guess after all this time I’ve made peace or whatever. I go to their graves. They’ll always have someone.”

“God, Patrick, I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry.”

“It’s still hard. I can still see the terror in Amy’s eyes. I still have nightmares about it.”

“So you sleep.”

“Sometimes. I don‘t have a coffin though.”

Kaitlyn smiled at him.

“There’s one more thing. Those men, they were vampires. They were the ones that killed my family and raped Amy.”

“Oh my god. Are you sure?”

“Yes. Please understand, I did it for your safety.”

Kaitlyn sat on the couch not knowing what to believe.

“What if he’s lying? I want to believe him. What if I do and he hurts me?”

“I won’t hurt you.”

She turned her head to Patrick.

“Uh, what?”

“You are scared that I’ll hurt you.”

“Is he reading my thoughts now? Never knew how cute he was. He’s got the prettiest eyes and those lips. No! Get back on track. Can I forget what he did to those men? What’s with the side burns? No one has side burns like that. But god they make him look sexy.”


“Yes I am and thank you. Those men were pure evil. They needed to be stopped. I started growing the side burns a few years ago. So, you like them?”

“So you can read my thoughts.”

“Yes, I guess I should of told you that.”

“It would have been nice before I made a fool of myself.”

“You didn’t. I have something else to tell you.”

“Oh great. What? You’re a werewolf too?”

“Not that I know of. When we were in the restaurant you heard my thought. I don’t know how to tell you this. Usually when someone else can do that of a vampire it usually means that person is the vampires beloved.”

“And what is that exactly?”

“We are meant to be together.”

Kaitlyn laughed.

“You could come up with a better pick up line.
Sign up to rate and review this story