Categories > Original > Romance

Cliche

by dancerfreak 1 review

ok. so this might stink, but review it anyway please? This is my first fic on here, and I thought of it yesterday on the bus.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-05-23 - Updated: 2008-05-23 - 498 words

0Unrated

Is it weird to want the cliche? Is it weird to want the perfect guy? Is it weird to want a best guy friend that is there for you no matter what and that you can turn to in any situation? Well, cliche is what I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. You know, the big dream wedding, the big princess style wedding dress, big reception, loads of family and friends and then you and your husband honeymoon in Hawaii, come back and live happily ever after? Well. I wish my life was like that. Cliche and romance are my dreams. I am one of those hopeless romantic types and will fall for anything. I guess you could call it being naive, but I call it believing in fate.
So here I am, sitting at my laptop in Starbucks, with my iPod in my ears, listening to those sappy songs from Disney movies, like Cinderella and Snow White. I’m sipping on a shaken iced tea lemonade, patiently waiting for my knight in shining armor to arrive and sweep me off my feet. I ponder this thought for a few minutes, looking around the small coffee shop. Nothing seems real anymore, with me always being caught up in my fantasies. I get pulled out of my thoughts because my best friend has walked in the shop.
“Rory!” he yelled to me. I smiled and looked over at the emo kid at the counter of Starbucks, searching for exact change in his wallet. I smiled and laughed to myself, walking up behind him, with a dime in my hand.
“Here, Jay,” I said, handing him the dime he needed.
“Thanks,” he said and gave the woman at the counter the dime. He got his drink and joined me at my computer.
“So, how’s life?” Jay, short for Jayden, asked me.
“Oh, you know, the usual,” I said and sighed.
“The ususal? Darling, you need to get out there and get a man!” he said to me. You see, Jayden wasn’t exactly straight. He was bi. Bi- sexual. He was also my best friend and I loved him. Like a brother of course.
“I don’t know, I’m just so stressed with work and everything right now,” I replied and took another sip of my drink. “And, I need to go on a diet.”
“Honey. How many times am I going to tell you? You look fabulous. You don’t need to lose any weight,” Jayden said to me.
I sighed, “Jay, you and I both know that no guy is going to fall for me, when I’m 20 pounds overweight.”
“You never know,” he said, with a mischievous smile on his face. He flipped his emo hair out of his face and continued talking. “That’s why I set you up on a blind date tonight!”
I spit my drink of my mouth, and looked at Jayden with horror stricken on my face.
Sign up to rate and review this story