Categories > Original > Drama

Russian Roulette

by AddleBoy 0 reviews

Have you ever played a game of solo Russian Roulette? The idea may sound idiotic at first but there's benefit if you're not exactly lookin' to win...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-05-28 - Updated: 2008-05-28 - 785 words - Complete

0Unrated
Russian Roulette

----

Have you ever played a game of solo Russian Roulette? The idea may sound idiotic at first, but there's benefit if you're not exactly lookin' to win.

A bullet to the head. The fast way out. They say that a bullet straight to the head shouldn't hurt at all. A painless death, or so they say... It's not as if there's anyone left to tell the tale. Frankly, I don't give a damn if it's painless or not.

I load a single bullet into the chamber of my magnum revolver, spin it, and lock it in place. The muzzle goes got my head, the gun is cocked, and my finger pulls the trigger.

CLICK!

Nothing. I guess I lucked out, though it's not surprising. This gun being a six-shooter, I have a one out of six chance of blowing my brains out. No problem, though. All I have to do is keep going; keep pulling the trigger. It may take a while, but again no problem. I've got all the time in the world.

The steps are easy:
-Put the muzzle to your head.
-Cock the gun.
-Pull the trigger.
-Repeat.

A four step method for killing your self with guaranteed results.

CLICK!

Again, no bullet.

Those who know me would say that this way of death is pretty ironic for me. This isn't the first time I've played Russian Roulette, you know. Of course, I wasn't playing alone those times. And needless to say, I won each and every time.

Poor bastards. Their only fault was thinking that Russian Roulette was just a high stakes game of luck. If you don't pay enough attention, you'll lose your life, among other things. Some would call it cheating, but I'd call it not putting a bullet through my head.

I wouldn't have imagined putting the gun to my own head with the purpose of losing.

CLICK!

Empty.

I guess you could say that my whole life was just a big game of Russian Roulette. I've made many life or death gambles; cocking the gun and pulling the trigger repeatedly. I guess my luck just ran out today.

CLICK!

The process is taking a little longer than I thought it would. I repeat the algorithm, regardless.

CLICK!

For those of you who lost count or just didn't give enough of a damn to pay attention, that "CLICK" signified the fifth shot. This gun is a six shooter loaded with one bullet. Five of those six shots have already been fired. Are you keeping up with me? That could mean one of two things: Either the bullet I loaded was a dud and I've already fired that shot or the bullet is waiting for me in this last shot.

Either way, this will all come to an end in the next shot. I repeat my steps for the last time.

Muzzle to head.

Gun cocked.

Trigger pull--

"Wait!"

I hear an unfamiliar yet pleading voice from nearby, and my finger stops moving. That's when I realize that one of the maids working for the hotel I'm staying at is standing in the doorway to my room. She must be here to change the bed sheets, or something.

"Stop! Don't do it!" she orders.

"Why?" I ask in my dead-pan voice. "You're not going to tell me that I've got a lot to live for, or some crap like that are you?"

"No! Who the hell do you think is going to have to clean this room up after you make a bloody mess out of it?! Picking up little chunks of brain and skull were not apart of the job description." She answers firmly as she comes into my room, scoots me off of the bed, and begins to hurriedly change the sheets.

I do nothing but stand out of her way and watch her work. I think her hands are trembling. I'm still holding the cocked gun in my hand.

When she's done, she takes the dirty sheets and leaves one final warning before leaving the room. "This room better be clean when I get back or there'll be hell to pay!" Leaving her threat behind, she closes the door.

I'm sorry Miss Maid, but that's something I can't guarantee. I sit back on the bed and put the gun to my head once more....



CLICK!


God must either love me or hate me....

-----

Author's Notes: This is just a short story I came up with one night while playing around with a nerf gun. It was written pretty impulsively. This is the first story that I'm posting on this site, so I would appreciate reviews ^^

Thank you very much for your time!
Sign up to rate and review this story